Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah he never gave me a clear answer. He said i could start lifting Like I have at 2 monthes out and after 3 monthes I can go back to MMA. I was told this after I was waking up from the surgery so It was hard to hear and understand anything he said.

Comment

• I know your not a doctor just would like you input.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        ok, well what evidence is there? I'm more than happy to change my thoughts on the issue if I am convinced otherwise... but I've read as much literature on the subject as I can get my hands on. I have NEVER seen ANY study showing glutamine decreases protein breakdown or increases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle. If you know of any, I would really like the reference so I can read them
        I would like you to have an episode on your "inside the life of a natural pro" talking about how glutamine has no benefit in building muscle and recovery. I just want to hear it vocally.

Comment

• Originally posted by natedogg View Post
          I would like you to have an episode on your "inside the life of a natural pro" talking about how glutamine has no benefit in building muscle and recovery. I just want to hear it vocally.
          mmk, well i'd just be saying the same things I'm saying here... just in my annoying voice instead of in print lol
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by MonsterPower584 View Post
            Yeah he never gave me a clear answer. He said i could start lifting Like I have at 2 monthes out and after 3 monthes I can go back to MMA. I was told this after I was waking up from the surgery so It was hard to hear and understand anything he said.
            i would call him
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

mmk, well i'd just be saying the same things I'm saying here... just in my annoying voice instead of in print lol
              lol. Well you don't have to, I'd just find stuff more interesting when I hear and see it on a video. I can't capture the mood or the sounds when I read forums. That's why I like your videos I guess it comes down to the fact that I'm never been a big supplement guy accept for creatine, glutamine, and protein powder. So when I hear someone say glutamine doesn't benefit muscle building i get a little offensive. Cause it's always been my only staple supplement. But I've learned alot about leucine from your articles and actually started incorporating that . But if glutamine really doesn't benefit protein synthesis, at least it's relieving to know that it does help my crappy colon

Comment

• Layne do you think that glutamine increasing hepatic cell volume, triggering hepatic protein synthesis might have any skeletal muscle protein sparing capabilities in any direct or indirect ways?
                MorphogenNutrition.com
                Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• eh, that's a stretch. although it may help signal a fed state & reduce hunger but that's me guessing. It probably helps with liver glycogen resynthesis which then spares glucose for muscle.
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• oh I know it was a stretch, believe me, lol

I wonder if there might be any application besides protein synthesis, such as before "fasted" cardio (which wouldn't be fasted if you consumed something with energy in it), pre-workout in a caloric deficit, etc., for all those who still insist on not eating beforehand
                    MorphogenNutrition.com
                    Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Hey Layne,

I've been doing cottage cheese and peanuts before bed for probably 2 years now, and my reasoning was that the lipids would compete with the amino acids for absorption, therefore giving the casein an even longer lasting effect. I study science in college right now, but sometimes it's hard with so many variables.

-Blake
                      Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science (Michigan State University) BodySpace Profile

Comment

• Layne, during contest prep, do you use carb cycling, or just use refeeds?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakeSelby View Post
                          Hey Layne,

I've been doing cottage cheese and peanuts before bed for probably 2 years now, and my reasoning was that the lipids would compete with the amino acids for absorption, therefore giving the casein an even longer lasting effect. I study science in college right now, but sometimes it's hard with so many variables.

-Blake
                          lipids do not compete for absorption with amino acids.
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• small bcaa question

if i'm having 25 grams bcaa powder, how many vitamine b6 should i take in to prevent pallegra?

and is there a safe upper level for bcaa intake from supplements or diet ?

Comment

lipids do not compete for absorption with amino acids.
                              layne, do you believe that fats slow the absorption or digestion of aminos or cho?

Comment

• Originally posted by paraman View Post
                                small bcaa question

if i'm having 25 grams bcaa powder, how many vitamine b6 should i take in to prevent pallegra?

and is there a safe upper level for bcaa intake from supplements or diet ?
                                you are not going to get pellegra I would not think. B6 is pretty prevelent in food.
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X