Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Klaus Urine View Post
    During the deloading phase, how light do you go, and how often do you do this phase?
    It should be done once your progress slows or starts going backwards. Trust me if your training trully hard it will happen thats when you know its time to take it easy. I hate the deloading phase but it has to be done to continue improving. For me the blasting (hypertrophy) phase lasts 6-8 weeks and the crusing (deloading) phase lasts 1-2 weeks.

During the deloading phase train very light dont stress your body at all, this will help your CNS to recover.
    "A LIMIT IS A TEMPORARY LEVEL OF ACCOMPLISHMENT THAT CAN BE SURPASSED"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinchharmonic View Post
      layne, after reading all your posts on protein utilization from a per meal standpoint, it lead me to some questions that concern cutting and protein intake. I'll start cutting at 162lbs, at probably 11-13% bodyfat, and in the past I kept protein at about 225 grams.. NOT counting the protein from carb sources, veggies, and the eaa/bcaa/l-leucine I drink during workouts. If I were to count all sources, I think it could easily be 30-40 grams more!

1.) you've mentioned a per meal number for protein, but what do you recommend as the protein amount total when cutting for someone of my size? I'd just divide this over my meals.
      2.) do you generally count all protein from all sources, or just the meat and supplemental protein sources? All the low GI sources of carbs are very high in protein, like sprouted grains, whole wheat pastas, even oatmeal. At the amounts i'm eating I think the protein content becomes non-trivial as I know protein can easily be stored as fat when in excess.

Thanks!
      Your 162 and starting to cut? You must be very short then.

You said that excess protein can easily be stored as fat when in excess. I say if your working out hard enough I dont care if your taking in 3g per pound of bodyweight it wont get stored as fat. Excess carbs are easily stored as bodyfat especially high GI carbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMBOris View Post

You said that excess protein can easily be stored as fat when in excess. I say if your working out hard enough I dont care if your taking in 3g per pound of bodyweight it wont get stored as fat. Excess carbs are easily stored as bodyfat especially high GI carbs.
        Have you considered writing a thesis? Some of your facts are quite revolutionary and really put the lie to most science.

Comment

• Originally posted by Klaus Urine View Post
          Have you considered writing a thesis? Some of your facts are quite revolutionary and really put the lie to most science.
          I have to break this to you, SCIENCE IS NOT AS SCIENTIFIC AS YOU MIGHT THINK.

The biggest reason people are fat is because of carbs, not fat and espeically not protein. If you ever go to a grocery store and look at peoples carts you will see that 99% of the food is full of carbs (mostly high GI carbs too.)

Hundreds of years ago people ate mainly meat (protein and fat) and I can tell you they were in much better shape then todays LARD society.

Comment

• i'm sorry dude that is just not true. overeating fat has been shown to be just as detrimental as overeating carbohydrates
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

this is also incorrect. protein can end up as fat if you get it high enough.

if it's not stored as fat then why not just eat 2000g per day with no carbs and only essential fats

I'm sorry man, but you are speaking nonsense.
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                i'm sorry dude that is just not true. overeating fat has been shown to be just as detrimental as overeating carbohydrates
                I agree, but in todays society carbs are the main factor people are so fat.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  this is also incorrect. protein can end up as fat if you get it high enough.

if it's not stored as fat then why not just eat 2000g per day with no carbs and only essential fats

I'm sorry man, but you are speaking nonsense.
                  If you eat a huge excess of calories you will gain bodyfat. If everything is done right its still possible to take in 300-500 calories over maintnance and still burn fat while building muscle.

Its very hard to get too much protein unless your a couch potatoe. 2000g is kind of ridiculous I dont see a reason why anyone should exceed 2-2.5g per pound of body weight.

I know the science behind post workout carbs, but there is some research that suggests they arent as important as we think. I follow follow a modified keto diet but still take post workout carbs, I know many people who take essential fats post workout and still see good results.

Im not saying you should eliminate carbs, if used properly they do speed up the fat burning process and in theory the muscle building process.

Comment

• you cite science when it supports a case, but then totally disregard it when it doesn't support your case. Science does not work that way sir
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• During the deloading phase, how light do you go, how long does it last, and how often do you do this phase?

Comment

• Layne, whats the deal with everyone saying not to mix carbs and fats in the same meals? Is it okay to eat a meal with 60 carbs, 20 grams fat, 35-40 grams protein? ie. 4oz lean red meat, 10oz sweet potato, 2 tbsp pb?

Comment

• Originally posted by NTT91 View Post
                          Layne, whats the deal with everyone saying not to mix carbs and fats in the same meals? Is it okay to eat a meal with 60 carbs, 20 grams fat, 35-40 grams protein? ie. 4oz lean red meat, 10oz sweet potato, 2 tbsp pb?
                          Yes, that is completely fine. I would call the people saying that nonsense "fucktards" but that's just me...

Sporto
                          IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
                          Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

If you eat a huge excess of calories you will gain bodyfat. If everything is done right its still possible to take in 300-500 calories over maintnance and still burn fat while building muscle.

Its very hard to get too much protein unless your a couch potatoe. 2000g is kind of ridiculous I dont see a reason why anyone should exceed 2-2.5g per pound of body weight.

I know the science behind post workout carbs, but there is some research that suggests they arent as important as we think. I follow follow a modified keto diet but still take post workout carbs, I know many people who take essential fats post workout and still see good results.

Im not saying you should eliminate carbs, if used properly they do speed up the fat burning process and in theory the muscle building process.
                            lol bullshit. you have no idea what your talking about.

Comment

• Rami boy has not provided us with any legit refrences to his bro science from the gym

Im a bio student and Im retaking Cellbio and Molec bio..bossting gpa

anyway, If I can with that shit yo my professor, She would simply say

" Are you kidding me?, your grade is a 0"
                              "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sporto View Post
                                Yes, that is completely fine. I would call the people saying that nonsense "fucktards" but that's just me...

Sporto
                                I'll take your word for it

Comment

Working...
                                X