Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm currently using 25gram of bcaa's from extend

i was wondering what the ammount of acesulfaam k and sucralose per serving ?

some people say acesulfaam k is safe, others say its carcinogenic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sporto View Post
      Yes, that is completely fine. I would call the people saying that nonsense "fucktards" but that's just me...

Sporto

hehe x 2

Comment

• I just want to commend Layne on all the hard work he's done on his own physique, and for sharing his knowledge with us over all these years. Heck, we've got 275 pages in this thread of us asking him questions (sometimes stupid ones) and him giving scientific answers. Layne I dont know how you find the time or energy in your day to put up with some of the ignorance, but I'm glad you do it, because It's made a world of difference for me and other bbers.
        Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science (Michigan State University) BodySpace Profile

Comment

Yes, that is completely fine. I would call the people saying that nonsense "fucktards" but that's just me...

Sporto

I was gonna say something about the total calories in the day mattering more than macros mixing in one specific meal, but I like the word fucktard so I'll agree with what you said instead
          MorphogenNutrition.com
          Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMBOris View Post
            I agree, but in todays society carbs are the main factor people are so fat.
            I think the main factor people in our society are so fat is because of your bad advice.

Look at the trends of our nutrition habits over the years and tell me what you come back with. I will wager to bet you will find we are consuming more calories than needed on a daily basis. Coupled with sedentary life styles etc you get individuals doing less and eating more.

Comment

• Layne, quick question.

Do you think Natural Guys should train a bit differently than Juiced? I juiced years ago and the gains came pretty easily, even when I slacked on training. Being natural for the past 5 years and got me thinking about training & recovery time.

What are your thoughts on Days between Training body parts, rep range, etc...??

Comment

• hey guys, I will get to these ASAP. i'm running an experiment this week and am literally in lab 15 hours per day. then i am traveling to a show this weekend and my article for MD is due soon; so I will get to these ?s sometime in the next week; I appreciate everyone's patience.
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Hi Layne,
                  How many Pro, Carb, fat do you recomaned in off season for some one wan't to gain mass. My body taype is end/meso......200,5.7 with 10% body fat

Comment

• Originally posted by almard View Post
                    Hi Layne,
                    How many Pro, Carb, fat do you recomaned in off season for some one wan't to gain mass. My body taype is end/meso......200,5.7 with 10% body fat
                    i know nothing about you. this is impossible for me to determine
                    BioLayne LLC
                    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                      I was gonna say something about the total calories in the day mattering more than macros mixing in one specific meal, but I like the word fucktard so I'll agree with what you said instead
                      In addition, wouldn't a mixed meal slow transit time, decreasing the insulin release? I'm not sure why that'd be such a bad thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_genetic_freak View Post
                        Do you recommend this same protocol when trying to gain or maintain? And what do you recommend generally on non training days as far as carb consumption
                        I know you're busy Layne. Just wanted to bump it in case you missed it before. Take your time!

Comment

• Originally posted by the_genetic_freak View Post
                          In addition, wouldn't a mixed meal slow transit time, decreasing the insulin release? I'm not sure why that'd be such a bad thing.
                          Yep, pretty much. I have tried both approaches on myself to see if I can tell a difference. For me, I noticed a HUGE difference in the overall energy levels throughout the day being a lot more stable and balanced when my meals were balanced evenly with my macronutrient ratios as opposed to having a lopsided meal with big amounts of one/two.

I highly recommend splitting up your meals evenly - personally like a little less fat around my workouts, but that is more personal preference because I don't like feeling "full" at all during a workout. Otherwise, take your ratios, divide them by your meals, and try to hit those numbers each meal.

For fuck sakes, even Tipsta would agree with me on that LOL

Sporto
                          IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
                          Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

For fuck sakes, even Tipsta would agree with me on that LOL

Sporto

say it aint so Tommy

MorphogenNutrition.com
                            Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by almard
                              Hi Layne,

i know nothing about you. this is impossible for me to determine

lol classic , im sure your use to these type of questions by now

Comment

• Originally posted by natedogg View Post
                                I just want to say that glutamine is very important in healing the lining of the intestine's for me. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis last year, and luckily i'm able to control it but I've had several flareups and it's no fun. I've done lot's of medical research on supplements to take to help control the disease and glutamine, fish oil, and flaxseed oil are the best ones. I take glutamine several times a day to help in keeping the lining of the colon healthy and my disease seems under control. As far as supplements to avoid, medical research links nitric oxide to colitis and colon cancer. It mentions how it promotes tumor progression and initiation for someone with precancerous cells and also promotes cellular growth in the ulcers forming in colitis. I don't recommend NO products, once I've read all that stuff I through out all my nitric oxide sample packets, I dont wanna take any chances. But anyways, as far as glutamine is concerned, I believe it is crucial in recovery and promoting immune health, It certainly helps me keep my condition under control, that's for sure.

layne,

Nitric oxide supplements cause cancer?

Comment

Working...
                                X