Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• also do you recommend n.o. products? thought they mess around with alot of body functions, more harm than good

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      i know nothing about you. this is impossible for me to determine

Layne,

Have you heard of ALR industries Chain'd Out? It supposely bypasses gluconeogensis (not converted to glucogen) and goes straight to the muscle cells due to having malic acid. Do you think that is possible?

Thanks,

Erik

Comment

• Originally posted by eschlick19 View Post
        Layne,

Have you heard of ALR industries Chain'd Out? It supposely bypasses gluconeogensis (not converted to glucogen) and goes straight to the muscle cells due to having malic acid. Do you think that is possible?

Thanks,

Erik
        glucogen?
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK2BASICS View Post
          layne,

Nitric oxide supplements cause cancer?
          i sincerely doubt it. Supplements aren't going to take NO high enough to get an outcome like that, but I will temper that by saying I haven't read the studies, but I am guessing their are in cell culture or they are using a very high level of NO to get this response. You can get a carcinogenic response from damn near anything if you get it high enough. But again, I have not read the studies

in addition iNOS is the enzyme that synthesizes NO in the colon and this is different than eNOS which synthesizes it in the muscle endothelium so this may make a difference as well
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• question

bro i do 15-18 sets for large bodypart 9-12 for smaller all sets to failure reps 10-15 i've made great gains like this but after several weeks i feel my cns gets fried i can tell in the morning my hand shakes a little when i drink my coffee any tips ps everything once a week been training and competiting for 25 years 41 now

Comment

• Originally posted by tornquad2 View Post
              bro i do 15-18 sets for large bodypart 9-12 for smaller all sets to failure reps 10-15 i've made great gains like this but after several weeks i feel my cns gets fried i can tell in the morning my hand shakes a little when i drink my coffee any tips ps everything once a week been training and competiting for 25 years 41 now
              i believe layne stops a few reps shy of failure with the high volume,only a few sets to failure

Comment

• Layne,

Whats your take on all the hype around artificial sweeteners being terrible for your body? Aspartame, Acesulfame potassium, Sucralose, and Neotame ?

Just curious cause between my 4-6 scoops of whey protein in a day , my sugar free metamucil , and diet soda here and there through out the week, i'm curious if i'm doing more harm than good?

Had to ask the chemist!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  glucogen?

It doesn't convert the amino acids into glucose (sorry about that). What is your take?

Comment

Layne,

Whats your take on all the hype around artificial sweeteners being terrible for your body? Aspartame, Acesulfame potassium, Sucralose, and Neotame ?

Just curious cause between my 4-6 scoops of whey protein in a day , my sugar free metamucil , and diet soda here and there through out the week, i'm curious if i'm doing more harm than good?

while were at it, whats your oponion on hydrogenated oils?

Comment

• Layne 2 ? for you

1) i cook my chicken in olive oil. Would you count this toward you fat and cal intake for the day or does it just cook off?

2) Read your precontest article and wondered if you followed the same protocol in the offseason as far as finding protein needs,then fat, then the remaining cals for carbs?

Thanks for your time

Comment

• Originally posted by tornquad2 View Post
                        you can't take every set to failure. Failure is NOT a requirement for growth; regardless of what HIT followers will say. how long ago was your last deload?
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

Layne,

no scientific evidence to suggest they are detrimental that i've ever seen; nothing significant anyway
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by KMH23 View Post
                            while were at it, whats your oponion on hydrogenated oils?
                            not good if you are over eating them for sure
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Rah22491 View Post
                              Layne 2 ? for you

1) i cook my chicken in olive oil. Would you count this toward you fat and cal intake for the day or does it just cook off?

2) Read your precontest article and wondered if you followed the same protocol in the offseason as far as finding protein needs,then fat, then the remaining cals for carbs?

Thanks for your time
                              1) it does not cook off; count it

2) no, it is different
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Hey Layne,

If a person doesn't notice an effect (I'm talking about a physical effect such as increased strength) from supplementing with creatine, does that make it a worthless supplement? I ask because I know creatine works all the way to the molecular level in increasing growth and I'm wondering is it still recommended to supplement with it even if you aren't "feeling" a difference?

Comment

Working...
                                X