Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gangsta1087 View Post
    well what about me?
    I know nothing about you dude! But from the looks of your pics you have good genetics

Comment

• Hey Layne I have been trying to find what I'm looking for within your thread, however I'm not having much luck.

I have recently sustained a shoulder injury which has taken my upper body out of action, not too sure for how long yet.

I am actually interested in what you were doing while your upper body was out of action. I'm keen to keep blasting my legs, however I only currently do them once every 6 or 7 days. I want to try training them with more frequency and varying volume/intensity.

I liked the sound of the training you spoke about on your latest NBR interview.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leigh
      www.leighcarmichael.com

Comment

• Originally posted by leigh View Post
        Hey Layne I have been trying to find what I'm looking for within your thread, however I'm not having much luck.

I have recently sustained a shoulder injury which has taken my upper body out of action, not too sure for how long yet.

I am actually interested in what you were doing while your upper body was out of action. I'm keen to keep blasting my legs, however I only currently do them once every 6 or 7 days. I want to try training them with more frequency and varying volume/intensity.

I liked the sound of the training you spoke about on your latest NBR interview.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leigh
        you mean smolov?
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
          you mean smolov?
          Ah yes that's the one. I couldn't remember the name and I haven't been able to listen to the show again.

Doing a search on it now.
          www.leighcarmichael.com

Comment

• hey layne i know you count bcaa's as protein, but do you count it only for calories?

you advise 1g per pound of bodyweight when bulking?

so for a 200 lbs male, it would be 200 grams of protein, is this with bcaa's included or not?

thanx in advance

Comment

• Hey layne how do you figure up your offseason carb/pro/fat needs? I kno you said you used to fig it like you suggested in the precontest article but now you said it changed. Just wondering. THanks

Comment

• Layne, as you know the ketogenic type diet Palumbo has his clients has one cheat meal for there re-feed. My question is if someone kept some carbs in there diet and there calories where the same as a ketogenic diet for there weight and body type would the cheat meal serve the same purpose? Or does the cheat meal only work because they are so carb depleted all week?

Im talking a carb cycling type approach without huge changes in carbs. Maybe 100g on off days and 150-200g on training days depending on the bodyparts i would be training. Then have a very low fat, low carb refeed day where i have a cheat meal instead of upping the carbs 300-400g.

Im not preping for a show im just living life but when i diet i take it very seriously and i stick to my diet 98% (100% would be a lie, i add a little extra chicken and PB here and there). I love the way i feel on keto and i seem to get stronger on it but i do miss eating carbs sometimes. I choose the diet because the one cheat meal really helps me stick to the diet because i know once sunday comes im going to eat what i have been craving all week. BUT the diet is all or nothing and i think i need something i little less extreme at the moment. Im just trying to get to 9-10%, i felt doing keto till i reach my goal and then staying low carbs after the fact (100-150g) would keep me lean while gaining. Would this approach work?

In any case back to the question, would the cheat meal serve the same purpose on a carb cycling diet as a keto diet if the calories where the same????
                Last edited by Mr. Hyde; July 31, 2009, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Hi layne,

Just wanted to find out what is your opinion on cutting protein shakes when cutting or when getting ready for a show. Heard somewhere that ppl that dont cut out shakes dont win shows.

How many weeks out do u cut protein shakes or do u cut them out altogether when getting ready for a show? (say maybe 13 weeks out)

So would u say that when cutting, taking protein shakes is a no no?
                  Trying to get shredded. 18years old going on 19. 175cm / 160lbs / 72kg

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Layne,

You're a insparation to go the naturalway. I give 2 pics from te last 3 contest I did in April.

I placed:

Open contest third place
                        Open contest second place
                        Dutch championship fourth place

I Am still prety lean at this point because I am afraid to get fat(I know bad habbit).

What do you think off this offseason plan.

I was thinking about this:

60gram oatmeal
                        20gram raissons
                        30gram walnuts
                        50gram whey isolaat

60gram rice
                        200gram chickenbreast
                        30gram walnuts

60gram rice
                        200gram chickenbreast
                        2 tablespoons olive oil

60gram oatmeal
                        3 whole egs 3 eg whites

60gram rice
                        150gram beef
                        broccoli
                        1 table spoon peanutbutter

work out

50gram waxymaize
                        40gram whhey isolaat

60gram rice
                        200gram chickenbreast
                        brocolli

I am about 200 lbs and my bf is 5%.

I am doing 5 times a work out and 5 times cardio 20 till 30minutes.

Goal lean massa gains.

I have 2 cheat meals every saterday(night)

work out plan to bring up my weakness(chest/arms)

day 1: chest/abs/cardio
                        day 2: back/calves/cardio
                        day 3: off
                        day 4: biceps/triceps/abs/cardio
                        day 5: legs
                        day 6: delts/calves/cardio
                        day: off (but mostly doing 30min cardio)

Comment

John Hansen is about as natural as anal sex, you know that right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quaker View Post
                            John Hansen is about as natural as anal sex, you know that right?
                            John, has never denied he used long ago. Because he made a mistake a long time ago he's no longer allowed to ever promote natural bodybuilding again?

take your pedestal somewhere else. Just because I've never done steroids I'm not going to look down on someone who did them young but then realized it wasn't for them and made a commitment to be natural; which is what John has done and has since done more for natural bodybuilding than anonymous internet whiners like you will ever have done for the sport
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by GabrielGray View Post
                              Hi layne,

Just wanted to find out what is your opinion on cutting protein shakes when cutting or when getting ready for a show. Heard somewhere that ppl that dont cut out shakes dont win shows.

How many weeks out do u cut protein shakes or do u cut them out altogether when getting ready for a show? (say maybe 13 weeks out)

So would u say that when cutting, taking protein shakes is a no no?
                              those people are idiots. do not listen to idiots.

i would love to hear their brotelligent reasoning behind how protein shakes magically impair fat loss
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

those people are idiots. do not listen to idiots.

i would love to hear their brotelligent reasoning behind how protein shakes magically impair fat loss

Well... that guy told me that u should cut out shakes weeks before the show or when cutting is because each scoop contains sodium and he told me that if u are taking 4-6 scoops of whey a day that'd be a lot of sodium.

Lol.... so wat do u think abt the sodium part?
                                Trying to get shredded. 18years old going on 19. 175cm / 160lbs / 72kg

Comment

Working...
                                X