Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think he's not well educated on how sodium & water balance actually works.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...r+sodium+carbs

besides; the average protein shake has no more sodium than a 6 oz chicken breast typically
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• i think he's not well educated on how sodium & water balance actually works.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...r+sodium+carbs

besides; the average protein shake has no more sodium than a 6 oz chicken breast typically
      BioLayne LLC
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Dear Layne, I have been experimenting with some heavier, lower repetition training. Do you know of any studies showing that lower repetition training induces a greater amount of myofibrillar hypertrophy? Where does sarcoplasmic hypertrophy fit into the mix?
        Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science (Michigan State University) BodySpace Profile

Comment

• Layne, according to the FDA free form aminos (Xtend) do not count as protein/calories. I hear you still count them? Why is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by NTT91 View Post
            Layne, according to the FDA free form aminos (Xtend) do not count as protein/calories. I hear you still count them? Why is that?

because free form aminos "technically" aren't proteins as proteins are peptide bound aminos

they don't have a food label description for "free form amino acids", otherwise they'd be counted

if the BCAA found in whey add to the total protein and calorie count for the day and free form BCAA are the exact same thing just freed up then they should count the same

it's pretty dumb that they don't
            MorphogenNutrition.com
            Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• simple. the FDA is run by idiotic bureaucrats and not scientists
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• layne,

what do you think off my leanmass gain schedule?

Comment

• Hey Layne. Was going to e-mail but decided to give you thanks publicly. Just won the Dex this past weekend. Wanted to thank you for allowing me to bounce ideas with you the last few years. I appreciate your time. Great info is always appreciated.
                  http://www.facebook.com/PastorPump , IAFS Master Trainer www.iafscertification.com

Comment

• hey No problem! Wow you won the whole thing? That is fantastic man! GREAT job.

-Layne
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• hey No problem! Wow you won the whole thing? That is fantastic man! GREAT job.

-Layne
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• will get to everyone's questions. no need to ask me twice guys. I know you want answers but I am getting a huge volume of emails everyday on top of all my research so if you can be patient I would really appreciate it

thanks
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• will get to everyone's questions. no need to ask me twice guys. I know you want answers but I am getting a huge volume of emails everyday on top of all my research so if you can be patient I would really appreciate it

thanks
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            they are sorely misinterpreting the research, not really their fault as they are not familiar with the methods (stable isotope infusion to measure protein synthesis) The problem with the post workout measures and the reason whey they register lower are because you are using a steady state technique to measure a variable in a non-steady state (post workout is not steady state) it affects the flux of amino acids in the various pools and this gives you a different absolute # than would you would get from preworkout measurements.

Additionally, protein synthesis drops after training; and so your first meal is more of a meal to initiate recovery of protein synthesis to NORMAL level. so when you compare the absolute rate of protein synthesis in response to a pre workout meal compared to the post workout meal; yes the rate will be higher after the preworkout meal; not because that meal is more anabolic but because protein synthesis DROPS after a workout and the post workout meal just brings it back up to recover to baseline.

Again, 99% of the myths out there are simply from misinterpretation of the literature. In this case however, I can understand how it could be misinterpreted. Still, people shouldn't make such strong statements.
                            Outstanding post Layne. Your knowledge never ceases to amaze me
                            Derek Charlebois- Director of R&D/Marketing for Scivation Inc.

Comment

• Hey layne, Ive been running power/hypertrophy for about 3 weeks now and really like it. The only problem is i dont hardly get sore anymore. ive been going balls to the wall, but i was just wondering if it was normal on this split not to notice any soreness? thanks

Comment

• Hey layne,

thx for all ur informative replies so far.

got 1 more, when transitioning from bulking phase to cutting phase,

how should training change?
                                do i still go as heavy as possible but include techniques such as
                                drop sets, supersets and reduce rest timing btw sets?

lol sry if im asking too many qns i need to get lean lol, never ever dieted and went thru a cutting phase b4
                                Trying to get shredded. 18years old going on 19. 175cm / 160lbs / 72kg

Comment

Working...
                                X