Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Layne, i have read your article 'Optimal Protein intake to maximise muscle protein synthesis' and i am going to try your protocal of taking 30 grams of carbohydrates along with 0.05g/kg of leucine in between meals spaced 4 hours apart.

Now obviously you would factor the EAA's and carbohydrates into your overall calories for the day.

What i was wondering is is there any benefit using 15grams of EAA's which will provide 3 grams of Leucine or would using 6 grams of BCCA's (2:1 ratio) or 3 gram's of Leucine alone yield the same effect?

Martyn
    Contest Prep, Muscle building- http://www.trainwithsklayne.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by punani View Post
      Layne,

You're a insparation to go the naturalway. I give 2 pics from te last 3 contest I did in April.

I placed:

Open contest third place
      Open contest second place
      Dutch championship fourth place

I Am still prety lean at this point because I am afraid to get fat(I know bad habbit).

What do you think off this offseason plan.

I was thinking about this:

60gram oatmeal
      20gram raissons
      30gram walnuts
      50gram whey isolaat

60gram rice
      200gram chickenbreast
      30gram walnuts

60gram rice
      200gram chickenbreast
      2 tablespoons olive oil

60gram oatmeal
      3 whole egs 3 eg whites

60gram rice
      150gram beef
      broccoli
      1 table spoon peanutbutter

work out

50gram waxymaize
      40gram whhey isolaat

60gram rice
      200gram chickenbreast
      brocolli

I am about 200 lbs and my bf is 5%.

I am doing 5 times a work out and 5 times cardio 20 till 30minutes.

Goal lean massa gains.

I have 2 cheat meals every saterday(night)

work out plan to bring up my weakness(chest/arms)

day 1: chest/abs/cardio
      day 2: back/calves/cardio
      day 3: off
      day 4: biceps/triceps/abs/cardio
      day 5: legs
      day 6: delts/calves/cardio
      day: off (but mostly doing 30min cardio)
      i prefer much more frequency than that. I do not like traditional splits. working out chest 1x/week will ensure it stays a weakpoint in my opinion.

as for your diet; what is your pro/carb/fat intake?
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layne ,
        I have three questions if you don't mined?

1. Do you beleve you get bigger when you get stronger in good foram?

2. what do you think is better to gain mass, prograssive by pounds or prograssive by increase the volume? yes I'm geting stronger every week but with low volume training?

3. your opinion about DC training?

Comment

• hi layne,

which multivitamine do you use, ?

Comment

• Would it be a bad idea to jump up from a cut starting at 2200 ending at about 1800 cals which lasted 8 weeks to 2550 cals in terms of gaining bodyfat quickly again or would the 8 weeks not really be long enough to slow down my metabolism that much?

Comment

• Hey Layne I read through the FAQ but couldn't find an answer to my question.....

The protein I take right now is an Ion Exchange protein, but I've recently read that Ion Exchange protein may not be as good as a Filtrated Protein and have a lower bioavailability due to the denaturing of Ion Exchange. Is this true and is there a big difference between the benefit of one over the other?

Thanks in advance,
              Jason

Comment

• Layne, in regards to genetics, for natural bodybuilders and physique athletes; how much of a role do you feel they play in dictating the maximal development and phenotypical charachtersistics a person will have.

I know some like to say they play only a small role as no matter what they do or eat they grow and mature year after year...

I know some like to say they play a major role in that no matter how well a diet plan is made and followed and how hard a workout plan is implemented, the person does not make significant gains from year to year.....

I feel this is two sides of the same argument in that its still the persons genes that allowed for or restrained the outcome of that person in regard to muscle development and the speed/magnitude of those outcomes.

Thoughts?

PS....How far away are you from getting the PhD defense? That coming up soon is it not? You plan on doing research as a career then or what u goin do with that degree? Teach?

Ha...Dr. Norton, not bad!
                MS - Human Sport Performance
                NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Comment

• Originally posted by NTT91 View Post
                  Layne, according to the FDA free form aminos (Xtend) do not count as protein/calories. I hear you still count them? Why is that?
                  And how do you count them? I asked Marc this a while back and got a very ambigious response.

Comment

• Think This question was about you layne

scroll down to the overtraining part......

http://jeffwillet.blogspot.com/searc...&max-results=7

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK2BASICS View Post

Does Jeff work for AST?

MAX-OT just seems like such a marketing ploy to me and there's always a pitch somehwere for AST products.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomox View Post
                        Does Jeff work for AST?

MAX-OT just seems like such a marketing ploy to me and there's always a pitch somehwere for AST products.

yes jeff willet does work for ast , i feel the same about there marketing, max-ot was built to sell ast products in my opinon. i wanna believe jeff is natural too , but its just too hard for me to believe. natural or not , he has an awsome build

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXIChcwjV_c"]YouTube - Bodybuilder JEFF WILLETT[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK2BASICS View Post

what is your point? Jeff disagrees with me. He's entitled to his opinion. To be fair the person asking the question butchered what I said very badly.

I am not going to run around the net addressing every single person who disagrees with me LOL. I'm busy enough as it is

you can overtrain; but not in the way most people think. Most people think of overtraining as your muscle not being able to recover from the damage inflicted upon it; when in reality your muscle will adapt to almost any routine over time and recover just fine. Everything else will give out before your muscle. You would lose the psychological drive to train before you'd ever overtrain your muscular system. When I did smolov (squatting 4x/week) I put 50 lbs on my squat in a few months and I was already squatting over 500 lbs, so it wasn't like I was a beginner. The first week I was sore as shit. After that I was fine because my muscular system adapted to it. What limited me at the end was inflammation and mental burnout. That's what will shut you down. That's why you have to have heavy & light days and periodize them correctly. If you want to get nitpicky Max-OT is actually one of THE fastest ways to over train your CNS. Much faster than what I recommend. I'm actually helping with a paper that will be published in the journal of strength and conditioning involving training to failure and it's proper application. I will post it up when it comes out

It's not like I research this shit extensively or anything.
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            It's not like I research this shit extensively or anything.
                            that's too bad, i can only imagine what you would find if you did.

Comment

• sorry for the snide reply last night. it was 1:30 am and i was tired lol
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                sorry for the snide reply last night. it was 1:30 am and i was tired lol
                                its alright man , didn't mean it in anyway as whos right whos wrong , just figure i show you who's mouth your name is coming out of. max-ot is arbage , so are there principles about following them to the T. not to mention there recommended diet plan lol. must be at least 500 dollars a month of supplements

Comment

Working...
                                X