Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tell that to jeff rodriguez, he follows max-ot. Can't argue with his results. Max-OT works. science backs it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by natedogg View Post
      tell that to jeff rodriguez, he follows max-ot. Can't argue with his results. Max-OT works. science backs it up.
      well you can't argue with that logic.

look I'm not going to say jeff doesn't know what he's talking about but no the science does NOT support that. If you do have scientific research to support your contention then I would be very interested to see it and I will gladly retract my statement. Plenty of people get results in spite of what they do, not because what they do is optimal. by your logic we should just go to the biggest most shredded guy on earth and do exactly what he does because obviously that is a flawless plan.

I'm not saying everything I do is right. But everything I do is formulated around results I've experienced combined with years and years of research into the science of training as well as results and reactions I've seen from hundreds of clients. again, not saying I'm right but at least I do research and test this stuff out. Just saying "oh X person is huge so that works" is not a valid argument.

Again, if you have scientific research that you would like to show me and debate this properly I am more than happy to do that.

-Layne
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK2BASICS View Post
        its alright man , didn't mean it in anyway as whos right whos wrong , just figure i show you who's mouth your name is coming out of. max-ot is arbage , so are there principles about following them to the T. not to mention there recommended diet plan lol. must be at least 500 dollars a month of supplements
        well there are some aspects of Max-OT that are very good. But there are several aspects of hypertrophy that the program overlooks.
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Layne, what do you think about consuming EFA's post-workout? I have always thought that you should avoid dietary fats in both the post-workout shake and the first meal after training because it will slow down the rate that the other nutrients are absorbed, but I am wondering if the anti-catabolic effect of certain EFA's would be worth the slower absorption rate.
          Thank you for taking the time to answer all these questions. I think what you are doing for the sport is awesome and I have a lot of respect for you for putting in all the effort that you do.

Comment

• what anti-catabolic effects?

i've seen some evidence that at ridiculously high doses they can have slight anti-catabolic effects but at the level you'd have to consume it would be not safe in my opinion
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• what anti-catabolic effects?

i've seen some evidence that at ridiculously high doses they can have slight anti-catabolic effects but at the level you'd have to consume it would be not safe in my opinion
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• hey layne,

i usually take some zma's before bed but the bottle says consume on an empty stomach and i always have a meal before bed.do you think its ok to take the zma like 20 min b4 the meal?

Comment

• Hm Dr. Carlon Colker talks about it a lot in "Extreme Muscle Enhancement." He seems to think that the right kinds of fat (high in polyunsaturated fatty acids and linoleic acid) do a great job from keeping the body out of catabolism, with all other factors aside, of course.

Comment

• what is his reasoning for that?
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Because of the fact that EFA's promote cellular repair and growth and increase hormone levels

Comment

• what is the reason a lot of diets remove the vegetables Thursday b4 the show. is there a scientific reason, or is there a reason to do this at all?
                        thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by rlecuyer View Post
                          Because of the fact that EFA's promote cellular repair and growth and increase hormone levels
                          again, i've never seen any research indicating this. I have respect for DR. Colker but I would like to see his references for this. Maybe there is some info on this, obviously there will be some things I miss but I have never seen any references indicating any of the things he is claiming. Did he list any references for this at the end of his article?
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by cm View Post
                            what is the reason a lot of diets remove the vegetables Thursday b4 the show. is there a scientific reason, or is there a reason to do this at all?
                            thanks
                            they take longer to digest & cause gas from fermentation of the soluble fiber. The insoluble fiber also increases gut fill when you are on a diet this is great b/c it helps you feel full but on show day you don't want to feel like your GI is full
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Layne ,
                              I have three questions if you don't mined?

1. Do you beleve you get bigger when you get stronger in good foram?

2. what do you think is better to gain mass, prograssive by pounds or prograssive by increase the volume? yes I'm geting stronger every week but with low volume training?

3. your opinion about DC training?

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                well you can't argue with that logic.

look I'm not going to say jeff doesn't know what he's talking about but no the science does NOT support that. If you do have scientific research to support your contention then I would be very interested to see it and I will gladly retract my statement. Plenty of people get results in spite of what they do, not because what they do is optimal. by your logic we should just go to the biggest most shredded guy on earth and do exactly what he does because obviously that is a flawless plan.

I'm not saying everything I do is right. But everything I do is formulated around results I've experienced combined with years and years of research into the science of training as well as results and reactions I've seen from hundreds of clients. again, not saying I'm right but at least I do research and test this stuff out. Just saying "oh X person is huge so that works" is not a valid argument.

Again, if you have scientific research that you would like to show me and debate this properly I am more than happy to do that.

-Layne
                                well... i've been doing max-ot since my last show in may, and I'm very happy with the results. It's so efficient and to me it makes the most sense. Everything i've learned in college for my degree of exercise science relates to the principals of max-ot. There are so many programs that work, The people who came up with max-ot point that out, but they emphasize how max-ot is the most efficient . They show you all of the science and research that backs it up. I trained many different ways to and it works but nothing compared to max-ot. Jeff Willet and Skip la cour are the main examples of what max-ot is all about, especially for the drug free athlete. And no my logic is not going to the biggest, most shredded guy on earth, if that's the case I would go to Ronnie Coleman and do what he does, not the ronnie coleman now, but maybe the ronnie of 2003, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X