Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dkalban View Post
    Dear Layne,

In the No Bull section there is a running debate on Natural vs. Steroids and if one is superior to the other. WHile most say they are equal, one person persists on insulting natties, in fact calling natties "an insult to bodybuilding" and glorifies steroids as the one true path. Could you read the debate in question and make a rebuttal to this roided up creep that natural is in fact just one path to bodybuilding greatness?

you can't reason with stupid so I don't bother. I know who you are referring to. I think that individual is only half serious and if he is serious then there are some serious emotional/self-hate issues going on there and he is just trying to make himself feel better about what he's doing.

Personally I don't care if someone is natural or not. If you feel your chosen path is 'non-natural' as long as you aren't doing anything that harms others then have at it. But for me that's not something I'm interested in doing. Doesn't make me right or wrong; but I'm not going to change what I do because some idiot on a forum thinks i'm a disgrace because I won't use drugs LOL.
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      you can't reason with stupid so I don't bother. I know who you are referring to. I think that individual is only half serious and if he is serious then there are some serious emotional/self-hate issues going on there and he is just trying to make himself feel better about what he's doing.

Personally I don't care if someone is natural or not. If you feel your chosen path is 'non-natural' as long as you aren't doing anything that harms others then have at it. But for me that's not something I'm interested in doing. Doesn't make me right or wrong; but I'm not going to change what I do because some idiot on a forum thinks i'm a disgrace because I won't use drugs LOL.
      He's more making me go on the path of becoming a nattie lol.
      I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• no matter what you do in life there will be people who make fun of you, who ridicule you, regardless of what path you choose. The important thing is to make the decisions based on what YOU believe and what YOU want. When you make them based on the opinions of others then you have lost control of what is your soul.
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

no matter what you do in life there will be people who make fun of you, who ridicule you, regardless of what path you choose. The important thing is to make the decisions based on what YOU believe and what YOU want. When you make them based on the opinions of others then you have lost control of what is your soul.
          ...so...break it down for me layne, should I juice or not?
          Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
          http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Layne, LONG overdo, but I just finished your DVD (BTW, THANK YOU!) and rewatched some of the nutritional stuff and the part where you're in the diner. Great stuff bro.
            TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
            www.fitcorps.net

Comment

no matter what you do in life there will be people who make fun of you, who ridicule you, regardless of what path you choose. The important thing is to make the decisions based on what YOU believe and what YOU want. When you make them based on the opinions of others then you have lost control of what is your soul.
              Right. I my be limited in how I can workout now, but I have twice the heart and will of that roided up shit head. Im gonna train hard to be bigger and stronger than him, go compete, maybe even win. Sure thats years from now, and I need to build a base, but I WILL make it happen!
              I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• DAVE GOODIN WINS MASTERS AT THE NORTH AMERICANS!!!
                Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science (Michigan State University) BodySpace Profile

Comment

• Originally posted by hossjob View Post
                  Layne, LONG overdo, but I just finished your DVD (BTW, THANK YOU!) and rewatched some of the nutritional stuff and the part where you're in the diner. Great stuff bro.
                  thanks kyle!
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Layne -

I read somewhere that you are setting your sites on a show sometime in 2010. Do you have a date/show nailed down? If so, would you care to announce?

I apologize if you answered this 100x's already. I searched to no avail..

Comment

• Layne,

OK so this my first post on the MD forums, sorry to be a "not so active member" over here but I spend a bulk of my time posting over at bodybuilding.com while doing mostly ALL of my research over here coming ways of pros like yourself Layne.

Now the question I pose to you is this...what do you think of people who have used AAS in the past, say a trial run of 1 cycle, then stop enter a natural pro show and attain a NGA Pro card? I say this because I know of people who have taken AAS in the past or ran several pro hormone cycles then go and step on a natural competitor stage. I was just wondering what you thought about this, as personally I find it wrong, but also in a way rewarding to see the individuals chose to take the natural path.

Thanks so much and look forward to hearing your response.

Comment

• Yo Layne, i've read alot of your studies and i'm trying out your meal frequency theory starting next week, and if you could look at my diet that would be really appreciated.

This is week 1 of my mass gaining phase. I've been dieting down to create a rebound oppurtunity. This week i'm adding carbs in the diet and next week i'm going all in. What i had in mind:

Meal 1 - 2 cans tuna(68, 2 egg(10), 70 gr carbs from oatmeal
                        4 hours later - 300 grams whale(75), 70 gr 'carb source' + 5 gr fish oil
                        4 hours later - 300 grams whale(75), 70 gr 'carb source' + 5 gr fish oil
                        Train 1.5 hours later, Intra workout shake with BCAA+Leucine+Glutamine+EAA+Creatine Mono+Beta Alanine+30 gr carbs
                        PWO Meal - 1 large haddock fillet(75-80) + 70 gr carbs from white rice
                        4 hours later - 300 gr whale(75) + 35 gr 'carb source' + 5 gr fish oil

The plan is to add 10 gr carbs per meal every week until i reach 100 grams(50 for last meal). Off days is same diet except last meal is pro/fat.(olive/almond oil)

Weight = 190 lbs
                        Bodyfat = around 9%, at least my serratus is very visible and my groin is pretty vascular.
                        Cardio = 30 min first thing morning, tue/thu/sat
                        Supplements = What's mentioned in the Intra workout shake + 5 gr BCAA between meals, Beta alanine 3x 2 gr doses and multi, not a big supplement guy.

and carb sources will vary by days, but will consist of low GI carbs like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, barley and lentils mostly, and whale meat is pretty much like beef, just leaner

thanks alot man

Comment

• Originally posted by XS View Post
                          Layne -

I read somewhere that you are setting your sites on a show sometime in 2010. Do you have a date/show nailed down? If so, would you care to announce?

I apologize if you answered this 100x's already. I searched to no avail..
                          I will announce it when I am sure myself. At this point it's too far off to tell and I will NOT start prepping for a show until I'm finished with my PhD. Depending upon when that is that will determine what show(s) I do

Thanks for your support!
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• give me 48 hours to get back to the ?s.

we are finishing up an 11 week experiment and i am in lab about 14 hours per day at this point
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• give me 48 hours to get back to the ?s.

we are finishing up an 11 week experiment and i am in lab about 14 hours per day at this point
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Hey layne,

Just wondering if it is necessary to take time off from training every now and then (1 week off every few months?) to let the body recover.

Thx
                                Trying to get shredded. 18years old going on 19. 175cm / 160lbs / 72kg

Comment

Working...
                                X