Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne thanks for looking it over man. one question(theres always a question i know sorry) but how would you suggest warming up so you dont hurt yourself? i have a new goal. i want to start competing natural. im gunna shoot for a natural show sometime next summer or fall. but my goal is to be on stage with you one day and win(i know its a long shot but i think your probably one of the top naturals out there so your my inspiration to keep pushing myself) i hope this dont mean youll stop helping me though

Comment

• http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne1.htm

Layne you know i have alot of respect for you but. alot of stuff you have said is oppisite from what you have wrote on here i mean i know oppions change and such but can you go back and edit your stuff so we dont get conflicting information. or something. mainly the 6-8 meals a day to keep your metabolism moving and the cardio in the morning on fasted state. a little clarification plz.

Comment

• layne one last question sorry for being a pain in the ass do you count added fiber the kind you poor in
        -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
        -HARDCORE/PROFROMANCE WEAR
        -COMING EARLY SEPT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravia View Post
          http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne1.htm

Layne you know i have alot of respect for you but. alot of stuff you have said is oppisite from what you have wrote on here i mean i know oppions change and such but can you go back and edit your stuff so we dont get conflicting information. or something. mainly the 6-8 meals a day to keep your metabolism moving and the cardio in the morning on fasted state. a little clarification plz.
          that's because it's the first article i ever wrote.

check the date please
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravia View Post
            Layne thanks for looking it over man. one question(theres always a question i know sorry) but how would you suggest warming up so you dont hurt yourself? i have a new goal. i want to start competing natural. im gunna shoot for a natural show sometime next summer or fall. but my goal is to be on stage with you one day and win(i know its a long shot but i think your probably one of the top naturals out there so your my inspiration to keep pushing myself) i hope this dont mean youll stop helping me though
            i would do more warm up sets of the exercises you do, that simple
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
              i would do more warm up sets of the exercises you do, that simple

what type of rep range do your warm up sets consist of , saying my goal was to be in the 6-8 rep range , I always followed the max-ot warm up sequence ( don't train with max-ot ) start with 12 , 6 , 4 , 1 or 2 reps then your working set , i only do this in the beginning or the workout for that muscle , after that i do 1 "feel set " for the other exercises , what you think?

Comment

• depends on the exercise, on something simple like curls i'll do like 1-2 sets of 8-10 but on something like squats or deads i'll do it like this.

for example on front squats my best is 2 sets of 365 for 5; so if i wanted to warm up for that i'd do

1-135 X 10
                2-185 X 7
                3-235 X 4
                4-275 X 2
                5-315 X 1

then i'd do my working sets.

-Layne
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• SORRY LAYNE

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  that's because it's the first article i ever wrote.

check the date please
                  I'm sorry Layne i think i came across the wrong way on that post. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful or malicious in it. I understand it was your first post I had just started looking through your stuff on BB.com and thats why I was wondering if they'll let you edit it or if you had redone it at a later post. I hadn't got through a lot of your stuff thats kinda what i was asking.

As for the other post I was just asking cause I thought the more you warmed up a muscle the less strength it has for the heavier sets

One question on the Dialene4. When I take it before my first meal with water, I get some heart burn for a few minutes. I don't get it when I take it before my workout though(I take it with NO Xplode though)is this normal for it cause it does not really have anything for it to absorb in to?

Comment

• just take it with food in the morning. won't reduce it's effectiveness... the heart burn is probably from the cayanne

did not take your post as malicious, was just pointing out that my thoughts have evolved over time
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Carb Loading

have show this sat, it will be my second in row. I was thinking about cutting back my water starting Wed with a gallon, Thurs 1/2 gallon , Fri around 25oz or so then cut the water by 6pm on Friday night. I would like to come in a bit dryer than the last show. I have noticed I been holding more water this week than last,

So I also Cut out crabs starting today wed. Iwas thinking about carbing up, much later than i have in past. usually I start to carbing up around Thurs and until SAT. I try to get a full 72 hours of carb loading in and that might have been my down fall.

If I can wake up tight on Friday morning, I would like to start the process then. I do have a fast metabolism and was wondering if I could away with carb up later, rather than sooner. Maybe the reason I was a as tight for the last show, was do to over carbing ?

Thanks

Comment

• DO NOT CUT WATER! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm please read the final week water section to see my explaination

unless you are on anabolics which make you retain lots of extracellular water, cutting water is severely counterproductive
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne9.htm

Layne has your thoughts changed on this article Dynamic Delts?

Comment

• yes some, but i still think its a solid routine
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Hey Layne, when taking Vitargo post workout and carbs like oatmeal in morning meal, will it be counterproductive to take some fat burners? I know it is harder to gain muscle and lose fat at same time but could this work?

Thanks
                              Cancer SURVIVOR

"Falling isn't FAILURE, FAILURE is not getting back up"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deerod021 View Post
                                Hey Layne, when taking Vitargo post workout and carbs like oatmeal in morning meal, will it be counterproductive to take some fat burners? I know it is harder to gain muscle and lose fat at same time but could this work?

Thanks
                                actually many fat burners are more effective at preventing fat gain in the face of caloric excess than they are at losing additional fat in a caloric deficit
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X