Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Layne just watched your series on bb.com you looking big. Just wanted to ask do you think training bodyparts 2x a week is better than once? or is it overtraining, and do you have anything post workout to spike your insulin levels before PWO shake? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      had no problems with the pec at all in probably 3 months and never had a problem deadlifting with it after about 9 months post surgery

right now my macros are around 260/500/90
      -Layne

Out of pure personal interest, on average, how much of that is from protein shakes like whey/casein and supplemental carb sources like WMS/Vitargo/Dex?

Also, whats your own thoughts on fats with carbs in one meal (protein assumed) for what your doing yourself? Whats your limit for added fats to a carb containing meal outside of pre and post workout of course?
      MS - Human Sport Performance
      NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Comment

• Layne,
        I hit bis on back day after done with back and tris on chest day after done with chest. Then on another day i hit arms and shoulders.
        Do you think i am overtraining my arms?
        "Love me or hate me, Promise it wont make or break me!"

http://www.planetnutritiononline.com Free shipping and samples ALWAYS!

Comment

• Not if it's working which is all Layne can tell you
          PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Hi layne:

Im 6 weeks in to my diet and all is going well. Im at 6-7% bodyfat and leaning up quickly. Im doing cardio every day or 2 now for the next three weeks to lean up at a faster pace.

Diet:

1) 20 gr whey and 100 gr oats with 1 slice of bread
            2) in college ill just have 70 gr oats and 20 gr whey
            3) pwo- tuna 150 gr and peanut butter (20 gr fat
            4) chicken and peanut butter (20 gr fat) 40 gr protein
            5) mince meat- 200 gr with a small amount of peanut butter 40 gr protein with 20-30 gr fat
            6) turkey 200 gr with brocolli

Should i up the protein yet? strength is decreasing and i a m wondering what i should change in the diet
            Training Log. I train like a manbearpig. http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...t=#post2381061

Comment

also one all out set training method has been shown to be vastly inferior over time to multiple set periodized training
              So how do you feel about ramping up to one all out set for 2-3 main exercises per muscle? Not like HIT where it's just one exercise per muscle group with advanced techniques or whatever but just having say 3 exercises for chest and ramping up to a max set on each exercise? It seems a lot of really big guys train that way and say it's the fastest way to get strong in the right rep ranges for growth.

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
              had no problems with the pec at all in probably 3 months and never had a problem deadlifting with it after about 9 months post surgery

right now my macros are around 260/500/90
              -Layne
              Is that 260c/500p or the other way around? Are you still following the "cut for 2 weeks, bulk for 4 weeks" type of set up?

congrats on the 233lb by the way, thats great!

Comment

• you haven't read any of my stuff have you? LOL. I'd check out my webcast http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife.htm should give you better insight into more of my theories
                Last edited by str8flexed; October 26, 2009, 01:05 AM.
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Layne, I just recently found out a I have a torn meniscus in my left knee and will be having it surgically repaird. I know your not a physical therapist, but I do know that you know you stuff about supplements. I have been taking glucosamine. What other things should I be taking to help speed up my recovery? THanks.

Comment

• Layne, I have a question what are your oppinions on l-carnitine should I supplement with it doing clean bulk and how much should be taken for a person that is about 83 kgs with less than 10% bf.

I am planning on going up clean to 87kgs,

Have been thinking of L-carnitine upon waking post workout and b4 bead what are your learned and scientific oppinions on it.
                    Biotivia Supported Athlete/Biotivia Rep

Comment

• Layne if you switch from 1xweek per bodypart to 2x but you're still sore do you hit it again or wait how ever many days it takes, Like legs sometimes more than 3 days?

Comment

• Originally posted by EL NINO View Post
                        Layne if you switch from 1xweek per bodypart to 2x but you're still sore do you hit it again or wait how ever many days it takes, Like legs sometimes more than 3 days?
                        Dude when I made the switch it took 2-3 weeks for my body to adjust and then just when I never thought it would.... behold.

I'm not speaking for Layne, but for the transition period just hit it when it's soar. You're not going to lose muscle doing that for 2 weeks. Remember when you first started you'd be soar for like 8-9 days on some bodyparts, but that didnt stop ya.
                        Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science (Michigan State University) BodySpace Profile

Comment

• dead on blake

will get to the rest of these before the weekend
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

you haven't read any of my stuff have you? LOL. I'd check out my webcast http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife.htm should give you better insight into more of my theories
                            lol I've actually seen them all, guess it's just been awhile

Comment

• Originally posted by CATABOLIC1 View Post
                              Hi layne:

Im 6 weeks in to my diet and all is going well. Im at 6-7% bodyfat and leaning up quickly. Im doing cardio every day or 2 now for the next three weeks to lean up at a faster pace.

Diet:

1) 20 gr whey and 100 gr oats with 1 slice of bread
                              2) in college ill just have 70 gr oats and 20 gr whey
                              3) pwo- tuna 150 gr and peanut butter (20 gr fat
                              4) chicken and peanut butter (20 gr fat) 40 gr protein
                              5) mince meat- 200 gr with a small amount of peanut butter 40 gr protein with 20-30 gr fat
                              6) turkey 200 gr with brocolli

Should i up the protein yet? strength is decreasing and i a m wondering what i should change in the diet
                              not sure man, protein isn't a fix all. if you get lean enough then you are going to start losing strength simply from leverages
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by zzmacman View Post
                                Layne, I just recently found out a I have a torn meniscus in my left knee and will be having it surgically repaird. I know your not a physical therapist, but I do know that you know you stuff about supplements. I have been taking glucosamine. What other things should I be taking to help speed up my recovery? THanks.
                                sorry to hear that. after surgery get HMB & BCAAs and take 3g hmb per day and 5g of BCAA between each meal
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X