Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sugardaddy69 View Post
    Layne, I have a question what are your oppinions on l-carnitine should I supplement with it doing clean bulk and how much should be taken for a person that is about 83 kgs with less than 10% bf.

I am planning on going up clean to 87kgs,

Have been thinking of L-carnitine upon waking post workout and b4 bead what are your learned and scientific oppinions on it.
    there is some evidence that L-carnitine tartrate can increase androgen receptor density at a 2g/day dose
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      there is some evidence that L-carnitine tartrate can increase androgen receptor density at a 2g/day dose
      Is regualr form of L-carnitine useless, for example in fat burning as it helps utilize fats?

I mean would you recomend regular, cause I have no access to tartate form, as a supplement, and how to use it best, or just forget it and spend the money elsewhere.
      Biotivia Supported Athlete/Biotivia Rep

Comment

• layne,

do you think 100g of lean red meat daily is carcinogenic ?

i've read that to much red meat can cause colon cancer

Comment

• correlation studies show meat causes cancer because

1) most cuts people eat are super fatty. You are probably eating lean cuts and therefore not a big deal

2) most people who eat a lot of meat eat very little fiber. as a bodybuilder you probably eat plenty and therefore again; it doesn't apply to you

3) meat when charred can form polyaromatic hydrocarbons in the charred portions which are carcinogenic. So simply don't burn your meat and if it is charred; cut the charred portions off
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• correlation studies show meat causes cancer because

1) most cuts people eat are super fatty. You are probably eating lean cuts and therefore not a big deal

2) most people who eat a lot of meat eat very little fiber. as a bodybuilder you probably eat plenty and therefore again; it doesn't apply to you

3) meat when charred can form polyaromatic hydrocarbons in the charred portions which are carcinogenic. So simply don't burn your meat and if it is charred; cut the charred portions off
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by sugardaddy69 View Post
              Is regualr form of L-carnitine useless, for example in fat burning as it helps utilize fats?

I mean would you recomend regular, cause I have no access to tartate form, as a supplement, and how to use it best, or just forget it and spend the money elsewhere.
              sure you do. NOW foods sells l-carnintine tartrate dirt cheap
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Hey Layne,
                What do think is a good Multivitamin?
                And i know you use xtend. is that all u take for BCAA and creatine or do you use more BCAA and Creatine other than the Xtend?
                Thanks
                SD
                "Love me or hate me, Promise it wont make or break me!"

http://www.planetnutritiononline.com Free shipping and samples ALWAYS!

Comment

correlation studies show meat causes cancer because

thanx for the answer

i do eat enough fiber and i eat lean cuts, but i think i will keep my lean red steak on workoutdays and on cardio days i will eat poultry

layne do you use the l-carnitine ?

Comment

sure you do. NOW foods sells l-carnintine tartrate dirt cheap

Not really I am overseas and shipping costs are excessive to get a bottle or two so I am just looking at domestic market and l-carnitine is all I can get any recomendations currently I take 1g post workout.
                    Biotivia Supported Athlete/Biotivia Rep

Comment

• layne,

what's your opinion on lactose ?

I use 300ml of skim milk daily and 300-350g of cottage cheese

too much ?

Comment

correlation studies show meat causes cancer because

Ha! I know exactly what that means now thats to college orgo lol

As for point 1, is there some correlation between high fat diets (say, like the Anabolic Diet) and cancer?

Comment

• hey layne,

after being on keto diet i just dont feel like being on carbs.... me being 195 pounds around 10 percent bodyfat.....need 3500 calories to grow..... so instead of going for the ideal ratios of pro/fat/ carbs ..... i thought of twisting this " ideal ratio"

to 2 grams of pro x 195 = 390 to 400 grams of protien=1600 cal
                          0.75 grams of fat x 195= 145 to 150 grams of fat= 1350 cal
                          0.6 grams of carb x 195= 120 to 130 grams of carb= 500 cal( cosuming those carbs only preworkout post workout and breakfast)

in my opinion insulin is the main fat storage hormone and by cosuming less insulinogenic food i can be relatively leaner than if i had consumed more carbs.....
                          and its the calories that make you gain or loose wt so overall i am cosuming the required amount of caloreis required for the growth.....

and at the same time fat wud show the same protien sparing effect as that shown by the carbs....... i do understand that the carbs are required for those high intensity workouts but then wont those 120 grams of carbs to do the needful....

wud really appreciate your advice

thank you

Comment

• have you read any of my articles or posts in this thread.

or anything i've written regarding insulin?
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• have you read any of my articles or posts in this thread.

or anything i've written regarding insulin?
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• What are your thoughts on Wilson's Syndrome? Do you believe it to be real?
                                What are your suggestions on reboosting the metabolism to work more efficiently?
                                www.Breannemollman.com

Comment

Working...
                                X