Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dr intensity View Post
    in my opinion insulin is the main fat storage hormone and by cosuming less insulinogenic food i can be relatively leaner than if i had consumed more carbs.....
    I understand it's only your opinion, but it's not correct. Are you aware of how insulin works in the body? You do realize there's a lot more going on that affects fat storage and insulin is not some "trump" card that just shuts off all fat burning and stores fat, right?

Originally posted by dr intensity View Post
    and its the calories that make you gain or loose wt so overall i am cosuming the required amount of caloreis required for the growth.....
    Only very generally speaking, yes - calories control gain/loss of weight, but it's a lot more complicated than that. If your hormonal systems aren't performing efficiently, they can severely alter that clas in vs. cals out equation...

Sporto
    IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
    Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

• Originally posted by figurebre View Post
      What are your thoughts on Wilson's Syndrome? Do you believe it to be real?
      What are your suggestions on reboosting the metabolism to work more efficiently?
      to be quite honest i have not read much on it.

I think a slow controlled consistent increase in calories over time is what really makes the difference. I'm talking adding only 3-5g of carbs in per week for like 20-30 weeks.

-layne
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• candida

layne whats your opinion on candida i was on antibiotics in sept. 7 days after i was done i have the worst lower stomach cramps ever like below belly button.i have ct scans nothing wrong urine is clean but i swear i have it.i been taking caprylic acid and beteane any thoughts

Comment

• Hey layne,

What are your thoughts on different form of bcaas, e.g. Bcaas bonded to akg (BCAA-AKG),
          BCAA Malate (The one used in ALRI's Chained out).

For BCAA-AKG, is it true that the "AKG bond dramatically enhances the absorption of the BCAA's where they are absorbed intact."

And also, "Each gram of BCAA AKG is equivalent to 7.5 grams of traditional BCAAs because they aren't degraded and rendered useless in the harsh environment of your stomach. They reach your muscles at full strength."

Doesnt this make normal BCAAS (L-Leucine, L-Isolecine, and L-Valine) not practical to consume? in comparison to BCAA-AKG of course

Thx
          Trying to get shredded. 18years old going on 19. 175cm / 160lbs / 72kg

Comment

• Originally posted by GabrielGray View Post
            Hey layne,

What are your thoughts on different form of bcaas, e.g. Bcaas bonded to akg (BCAA-AKG),

For BCAA-AKG, is it true that the "AKG bond dramatically enhances the absorption of the BCAA's where they are absorbed intact."

And also, "Each gram of BCAA AKG is equivalent to 7.5 grams of traditional BCAAs because they aren't degraded and rendered useless in the harsh environment of your stomach. They reach your muscles at full strength."

Doesnt this make normal BCAAS (L-Leucine, L-Isolecine, and L-Valine) not practical to consume? in comparison to BCAA-AKG of course

Thx
            not layne but that sounds like total bs
            Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
            http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by GabrielGray View Post
              Hey layne,

Thx
              i'm afraid that this is just not true. BCAAs are extremely bio available. Damn near 100%. And I see no way that adding AKG would make them more bioavailable. Just dilutes the actual BCAAs in the product making it less BCAA/gram of product
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Cool.... thx guys
                Trying to get shredded. 18years old going on 19. 175cm / 160lbs / 72kg

Comment

• Hey Layne I recently heard of a protocol to take 10g of BCAA + 10g of EAA's before 4 meals per day and to take something like 20g of BCAA's before workouts in addition to this. Appparently this will decrease protein requirements and lead to increased recovery.

I am planning on trying this but only with the BCAA's, do you have any opinion on this?

Thank you

Comment

• overkill
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Layne, I heard that Whey protein isolate contain more leucine that plain BCAA powders so your body can benefit more by using whey isolate in the some doses than using BCAA powders?

Whey protein isolate is better digested and absorbed than plain BCAA powder?

Something I notice is that when I mix BCAA powder in water it don't mix with it.

Thanks in Advance.
                      1st place at the MW class at the NPC Tim Gardner Extravaganza Tampa, FL.

Comment

• who spreads this crap? bcaas are absorbed fine free form

whey has more? are they fucking retarded? BCAA powder is about 50% leucine. whey protein is about 10% leucine. More than that the key is that bcaa powder is FREE FORM leucine which creates a super physiological rapid rise in plasma bcaa as oppressed to whey which is good but the amino acids in whey are peptide bonded together and hence the peptide bonds must be cleaved to free the amino acids and thus it takes longer to reach the bloodstream and the spike in plasma leu is not as great.

look whey is great, best intact protein source their is. But people saying this shit are fucking dumb
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• who spreads this crap? bcaas are absorbed fine free form

whey has more? are they fucking retarded? BCAA powder is about 50% leucine. whey protein is about 10% leucine. More than that the key is that bcaa powder is FREE FORM leucine which creates a super physiological rapid rise in plasma bcaa as oppressed to whey which is good but the amino acids in whey are peptide bonded together and hence the peptide bonds must be cleaved to free the amino acids and thus it takes longer to reach the bloodstream and the spike in plasma leu is not as great.

look whey is great, best intact protein source their is. But people saying this shit are just stupid, please be sure to smack them for me
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            who spreads this crap? bcaas are absorbed fine free form

look whey is great, best intact protein source their is. But people saying this shit are fucking dumb
                            Thanks for the helping me to understand how the body react to both supplements.

It is always great to talk with someone with such knowledge on the subject.
                            1st place at the MW class at the NPC Tim Gardner Extravaganza Tampa, FL.

Comment

• yea even though i'm cranky LOL

damn PhD exit seminar speech is going to drive me completely insane
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• yea even though i'm cranky LOL

damn PhD exit seminar speech is going to drive me completely insane
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X