Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You sure are.... Always yelling everything at us TWICE!!!
    PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      yea even though i'm cranky LOL

damn PhD exit seminar speech is going to drive me completely insane
      Nice man!
      By the way I'm a big believer in eating big portions of protein just 3 times a day and separate each meal for 5 or 6 hours. Something very similar to your MD article a few months back when you mentioned REFRACTORY in which you explained about the amino acid release of food and the time it takes to the body absorbe it.

I started to eat like that and not 6 or 8 times a day 2 or 3 hours apart, because I notice that my body did not digest the meal in such short periods of time and what I noticed is that my body really absorbe everything when in an starving mode (5 or 6 hours with out eating).
      1st place at the MW class at the NPC Tim Gardner Extravaganza Tampa, FL.

Comment

• I know Layne is tied up and I have searched again and again through the last 30 pages, but I cant seem to find the article(s) where he goes into how he sets a routine up. I could swear I thought I saw it somewhere. Ideas anyone? I have used Sporto's routine (power for two days with periodization) and hypertrophy for 3 days....but was thinking about giving Laynes a try.
        Shelby 01/2000 - 4/18/10. Rest in peace baby, there's no more suffering.

Comment

• I believe it's something like 2 days of upper body low reps and then lower body low reps (basic heavy compound lifts). A day off and then 3 days of hitting the rest of the body with more reps/volume and another day off.
          PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Originally posted by AzDrugFree View Post
            I know Layne is tied up and I have searched again and again through the last 30 pages, but I cant seem to find the article(s) where he goes into how he sets a routine up. I could swear I thought I saw it somewhere. Ideas anyone? I have used Sporto's routine (power for two days with periodization) and hypertrophy for 3 days....but was thinking about giving Laynes a try.
            I just saw it somewhere, too. Might have been in the magazine?
            http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...utine+template
            This was the post I saw.
            Last edited by CaveMan; November 25, 2009, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• that's correct.

if you want to find a cookie cutter routine i endorse check out westside barbell for bodybuilding.

i have never really written down how I set up a plan anywhere as to be honest to cover each type of person... it would take too freakin' long LOL
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• that's correct.

if you want to find a cookie cutter routine i endorse check out westside barbell for bodybuilding.

i have never really written down how I set up a plan anywhere as to be honest to cover each type of person... it would take too freakin' long LOL
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

that's correct.

I know you have never done a 'cookie cutter' type of deal....just thought i recalled that you did lay out some ideas on how you set your routine up (ex. volume and ranges on hypertrophy days). I could be terribly wrong....not like it hasn't happened before.
                  Shelby 01/2000 - 4/18/10. Rest in peace baby, there's no more suffering.

Comment

• Originally posted by pumped340 View Post
                    Hey Layne I recently heard of a protocol to take 10g of BCAA + 10g of EAA's before 4 meals per day and to take something like 20g of BCAA's before workouts in addition to this. Appparently this will decrease protein requirements and lead to increased recovery.

I am planning on trying this but only with the BCAA's, do you have any opinion on this?

Thank you
                    Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    overkill
                    I'm a little surprised, everyone who reported trying it seemed to have really positive things to say.

I would only be getting BCAA's anyway, no EAA's (or glutamine). So in that case you mentioned something like 5g a few times per day correct? Or was it 10g and something before workouts?

I apologize if this is redundant, I've read through the whole thread but it's been awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by pumped340 View Post
                      I'm a little surprised, everyone who reported trying it seemed to have really positive things to say.

I would only be getting BCAA's anyway, no EAA's (or glutamine). So in that case you mentioned something like 5g a few times per day correct? Or was it 10g and something before workouts?

I apologize if this is redundant, I've read through the whole thread but it's been awhile.
                      Google Layne Norton FAQ. Its the first one and its in there

Comment

• Originally posted by vgalvan18 View Post
                        Google Layne Norton FAQ. Its the first one and its in there
                        Wow that document is huge! It's from 2007 so hopefully it still represents his thoughts on the matters listed (I haven't looked through any of it really yet) but either way thanks.

Layne, feel free to still answer my question if you have anything specific to add.

Thanks

Comment

• how much do you weigh?
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

how much do you weigh?
                            I'm currently in the 180's and around 15-16% body fat

Thanks again

Comment

• Hey Layne, as a freshman in college I have limited food sources. I'd like to add some more healthy carbs to my diet but all I have available for the moment is oatmeal and fruit (mainly apples and bananas but occasionally there's peaches and plums). If I have about 150g of added carbs to my diet to replace some fat would it be fine if it all came from oats and fruit? I'm thinking maybe 1-2 cups of oatmeal and the other 50-100g coming from fruit but I don't know if that's too much from simple sugars. There's also some low carb/whole wheat type of bread but I'm guessing that's not as good of an option

I've heard stuff about oatmeal being a common allergen but personally have at least never felt any different eating it so that's another thing I'm unsure of.

Thank you

Comment

• ive read that bcaas are dominant aminos when cosumed
                                does this mran that they should be taken without any other amino acids(protein sources)
                                will they effect the arginine in n.o products causing them to not work properally?
                                aslo i have a container on leucine would this be valuble by itself w/o other aminos?

Comment

Working...
                                X