Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ive read bccas are dominant aminos when consumed does this mean that when taken with another amino source they wont be digested.so better to take bcaas alone?

Comment

• I just read this from one of your old posts:
      "The standard is a 2:1:1 ratio of leucine:isoleucine:valine. This prevents leucine causing a depletion of the other BCAAs. (in order to metabolize 2 leucine molecules you must metabolize a valine & an isoleucine). I forget the mechanism behind it though; guess I should read up on it before prelims"

I was just about to order some leucine 4:1:1 though as I heard that's better than the traditional 2:1:1, any opinion on that? I otherwise eat a high protein diet (currently about 1.8g/lb which maybe would be reduced with the use of the BCAA's).

Edit: By the way the recommendation I got was to take the BCAA's 10-15min. before 4 of my meals, I guess to shoot up protein synthesis and then supply protein. Your recommendations are to have them between meals though right? I guess you don't feel that keeps levels too high so it won't affect having the up and down benefit of protein levels?

Comment

• hey layne im cutting down from a fatty bulk ive had since Mid August to nov put on roughly 10-14lb. During the time i saw great strength gains some good mass gains but also fat gains i believe i put myself into 16-18%bf. Im currently cutting to 10%. Wondering if you could review my diet and cardio plan.

MEAL #1 7:30am-8: 30am
        5 whole eggs add another 3 egg whites, 3 cups water

MEAL #2
        SHAKE: 50g(2 scoops) Whey Protein with 1 tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter,2 cups water

MEAL #3 1:00pm-1: 30pm
        "Lean Protein Meal": 8oz Meat with 1/2-cup cashew nuts/peanuts/almonds, 3 cups water

MEAL #4
        1 tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter, 2 cups water

MEAL #5 6:00pm-6: 30pm
        "Fatty Protein Meal": 8oz Meat with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon low cal ceasor/ranch dressing, 3 cups water

MEAL #6
        SHAKE: 1 scoops Casien 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter, 2 cups water,

Note: im in unversity so the meal 3 & 5 are done on meal plan i do my best to get the 8oz of meat as clean as possible ( sometimes eating pork or whatever offered for both meals)

I told to aim for 2-3lb loss on the diet. Not to start cardio till it slows. Now i want to maximize my fat loss while maintaining as much muscle as possible so ive been doing daily weigh in every morning. How many days should i go of no weight change before adding carido?

I workout 3x a week doing WS4BB and currently taking EC stack at 25mgx200Cx2 (6 days out of 7)

Comment

• my phd exit seminar is on wednesday, so these questions will probably have to wait til then

I will say several of them have already been covered in this thread
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• my phd exit seminar is on wednesday, so these questions will probably have to wait til then

I will say several of them have already been covered in this thread
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Will you be Doctor Str8flexed then?

Comment

• CONGRATS on pursuing your PhD!
                JOIN my health transformation challenge
                www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Comment

• Originally posted by Schmoove View Post
                  Will you be Doctor Str8flexed then?
                  well not officially; i'll still need to defend in front of a panal of professors, deposit my thesis and graduation won't officially be until may. but i'm pretty much done right now in terms of all the data; just gotta write it all up
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    well not officially; i'll still need to defend in front of a panal of professors, deposit my thesis and graduation won't officially be until may. but i'm pretty much done right now in terms of all the data; just gotta write it all up
                    holy shit...may...that's just around the corner...man...you won't know what to do with yourself after you finish
                    Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• i will know exactly what to do.

I can't imagine how much work I'll get done when I don't have to devote 8 hours each day to lab work.

it will be down right scary
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• i will know exactly what to do.

I can't imagine how much work I'll get done when I don't have to devote 8 hours each day to lab work.

it will be down right scary
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• doesn't surprise me in the least

But do spend some more time with that lovely wife of yours!

(Barb told me to type that, I think me spending all my time in school, work and the gym MAY have inspired that comment of hers lol)
                          Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                          http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• slowly working my way thru this huge thread and reading up on your bb.com article on precontest dieting. sorry if my diet post question has been answered just making sure i dont screw up my cut. Any tips on competively competing while maintaining a time consuming education (ex: chemical engineer biomedical)

Comment

• Layne.
                              First of all I just want to say congratulations on getting one step closer to the phD. I hope to one day tackle that myself. Bachelor degree is first priority right now though lol. One thing at a time. I had a question regarding biochemistry and I figured you'd be the best person to ask.... I have read that the monosaccharides (simple sugars) aid in amino acid absorption. Glutamine is the main one I hear about, not sure if it's the case for all aminos??? So taking Glutamine with gatorade would have a more efficient aborption rate compared to just taking Glutamine straight up? If that is in fact the case, what is going on biochemically that makes happen?? I am in an Organic/Biochemistry class right now, so I think I'll be able to grasp what's going on. We have separately discussed carbohydrates and amino acids but never how they react with one another. I'm sure that will come in higher level biochem classes.

Thanks for your time brother..... much appreciated

Comment

• Question Layne,

as you have done more than your share in powerlifting, does your diet and supplement intake change when preapering for meets, if so what do you add/take away?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X