Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nath123 View Post
    anyone reccommand some good articles or books i could download or buy to learn more about natural body building. Ive been reading and looking into bodybuilding for years now and more so natural bodybuilding recently just finished all of layne's video series cutting/bulking articles and scivation free ebooks loves those.

I have not run across a lot of good natural literature. It also depends on your goals. Keep that in mind. The few I have found are Building the Perfect Beast Naturally, Scivation Showtime Book, and Stubborn Fat Solution by Lyle McDonald. You'll see the cover of that one above. Sporto graciously appears on the cover. John Hansen has one called Natural Bodybuilding that is pretty good. It's very basic, but usefull. I would suggest Layne's In the Life series videos.(see link below) They're pretty freaken cool. They are not only informative, but also entertaining; which is a big advantage over literature.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife0.htm#pro

Hope this helps.

Comment

• omg

Comment

• Originally posted by Sporto View Post
        Either is fine - it's the leucine content that matters. If you use BCAAs, make sure the leucine content is sufficient to spike protein synthesis - just like you would make sure that whatever protein source you use for food that the leucine content within that source is sufficient for spiking protein synthesis.

Sporto
        I've heard that the 2:1:1 ratio of Branched Chain Amino Acids (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine) is most beneficial. Is there a synergystic effect or am I wasting my time with the other EAA? Help me out. I'm in the dark on this one, but I can see the light

Maybe I'll conduct a study of my own. I make sure to wear two blindfolds.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by nath123 View Post
            yeah it does help. Yeah i haven't looked into the market yet but i liked to do something with nutrition/supplementation and the body as my career.I think its amazing the changes your body can go through and how you can manipulate it.Im doing my best right now to talk to different group of experienced people such as biomedical engineers/chemical engineers, chemistry students, layne other people involved in the sports nutrition most focus on athletes and powerlifting/bodybuilding.
            Look into the market. You may be surprised at how marketing-driven the supplement industry is. If you like supplement science, then by all means get a degree in Organic Chemistry and take that route but my advice to you would be to have a backup plan just in case the supplement companies aren't lining up to hire you as soon as you finish school.

Guys like Layne make it because 1) they know they're shit, 2) they work their asses off, and 3) they find a niche market.

I agree, the bodily changes resulting from ergogenic aids are fascinating. Good luck to you in whatever you do!
            Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science (Michigan State University) BodySpace Profile

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakeSelby View Post
              Look into the market. You may be surprised at how marketing-driven the supplement industry is. If you like supplement science, then by all means get a degree in Organic Chemistry and take that route but my advice to you would be to have a backup plan just in case the supplement companies aren't lining up to hire you as soon as you finish school.

Guys like Layne make it because 1) they know they're shit, 2) they work their asses off, and 3) they find a niche market.

I agree, the bodily changes resulting from ergogenic aids are fascinating. Good luck to you in whatever you do!
              Agreed. A MBA would probably get you even further too.

Look at Patrick Arnold he's a brilliant chemist, but not the greatest businessman. Ergopharm makes great products, much better than Muscle Tech. Muscle Tech makes a ton of money, but Ergopharm doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironman19871 View Post
                Agreed. A MBA would probably get you even further too.

Look at Patrick Arnold he's a brilliant chemist, but not the greatest businessman. Ergopharm makes great products, much better than Muscle Tech. Muscle Tech makes a ton of money, but Ergopharm doesn't.
                Really? Patrick isn't a good businessman?
                Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science (Michigan State University) BodySpace Profile

Comment

• I think you are a little confused about what "business" is but that is neither here nor there. No, he's not. Go over to RXM and ask some people who know him. They will say the same thing. If he is a good businessman he would have one of the most successful supplement companies to date. Everyone has weaknesses. For example, I have a lot of useful talents, but I am a terrible bowler. Girls bet me, sometimes. Really. I don't want down on someone that deserves a lot of respect for what has done over the years. The End.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironman19871 View Post
                    I think you are a little confused about what "business" is but that is neither here nor there. No, he's not. Go over to RXM and ask some people who know him. They will say the same thing. If he is a good businessman he would have one of the most successful supplement companies to date. Everyone has weaknesses. For example, I have a lot of useful talents, but I am a terrible bowler. Girls bet me, sometimes. Really. I don't want down on someone that deserves a lot of respect for what has done over the years. The End.
                    Oh. Well could you steer me in the right direction then?

It seems like he is very active on the forums, going on bodybuilding programs (Inside the Life with Layne Norton), and I do see his advertisements from time to time. Also, he has quite the reputation for having products that work beyond mere speculation. I don't have an MBA or anything, so maybe there is more to it than this.

Comment

• Im looking into biochemistry/nutrition i wouldnt mind working in a pharmacy or being a nutritionist. I could do sports nutrition on the side. I just think going from the chemical engineering route will requires a lot of work.Im fine with putting that amount in but my bodybuilding will suffer i want to find a balance it.

Comment

• Layne, whats your take on vitargo post wo vs dextrose or malto?
                        do you believe that its worth the extra $$$?

Comment

• On vacation guys please be patient
                          BioLayne LLC
                          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• i'm gonna put my question here but i don't need an immediate answer

enjoy your well deserved holiday !

i was wondering what you think about supplementing vitamine D.

Here is an abstract : http://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Ab...amin_D.17.aspx

i was thinking to start supplementing with 5000iu caps 2x/week

then check my bloodlevels and up the dose if i don't reach the 50ng/mL

it's quite cheap and may improve athletic performance

Comment

• Layne. what are your thoughts on switching from Fish oils in the summer to Cod liver oil in the winter?
                              A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Comment

• Hey Layne....if you've already answered this question somewhere along the line, I apologize for re-hashing it......I just wanted to know if there was any way you know of that I could consume raw liquid eggs as a protein source without having to worry about bacterial/salmonella infection......I'm talking about regular eggs purchased in carton form, not the already pasteurized liquid eggs.....I know those are safe to drink, but I'm trying to save a dollar......do I need to heat the eggs in the microwave for a few seconds to kill the bacteria? Thanks for your time....

Comment

Working...
                                X