Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jayhawks View Post
    Layne, whats your take on vitargo post wo vs dextrose or malto?
    do you believe that its worth the extra $$$?
    Not worth it

Dextrose is fine
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by sugardaddy69 View Post
      Layne any scientific info on using digestive enzymes and acidophillus as a pro digestive aid.

Could it make calorie utilization more optimal, using the above mentioned supplements, therefore increasing potential gains. If only mildly.

What is your take on melatonin, helps recovery boosts testosterone and is it safe??
      If you have a gi disorder it would definitely help but I'm not sure about healthy people

melatonin is good for sleep but I'm not sure about testosterone... I very much doubt it
      BioLayne LLC
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by nath123 View Post
        anyone reccommand some good articles or books i could download or buy to learn more about natural body building. Ive been reading and looking into bodybuilding for years now and more so natural bodybuilding recently just finished all of layne's video series cutting/bulking articles and scivation free ebooks loves those.
        Get Laynes DVD IMHO
        Shelby 01/2000 - 4/18/10. Rest in peace baby, there's no more suffering.

Comment

• hey layne i really want to buy your book but i cant find it here in australia and dont have a credit card to buy it on the net. Know anywhere i can get it?

Comment

• Originally posted by AzDrugFree View Post
            Get Laynes DVD IMHO
            Pretty sure it's sold out most everywhere hehe
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Thats too bad because from what ive heard it is a great read. I have a question regarding dialene. I was wondering if taking 1 tab at 17 years old would be a bad thing?

Comment

• it's a DVD not a book
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• sorry my bad i meant watch

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra View Post
                    Layne. what are your thoughts on switching from Fish oils in the summer to Cod liver oil in the winter?
                    Layne any thoughts on this?^

Secondly, I asked this in George F's thread in the staff and pros and would also like a response from you if you don't mind...

Hey George, I see you are pretty big on carbs w/all your guys. My thing is, I feel like I am carb sensitive. I dieted this past summer (Mostly w/keto and had great results) but now I've been offseason since winter got here and have been trying to bulk (am up to 190 from 165 dieted down). I eat carbs w/all my meals on training days except bed, but on my non training days I only have carbs w/meal 1 and 3, the rest just high protein and fat similar to keto. With this I've still gained weight, gotten much stronger and am holding onto some abs when flexed. SO basically I think what I'm doin is workin, but then I read a column like yours where guys are eating TONS of carbs DIETING and I just wonder if I'm missin out on growth, but at the same time I have no desire to get fat and have to work much harder to get in shape. So what do you think?
                    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Comment

Secondly, I asked this in George F's thread in the staff and pros and would also like a response from you if you don't mind...

Hey George, I see you are pretty big on carbs w/all your guys. My thing is, I feel like I am carb sensitive. I dieted this past summer (Mostly w/keto and had great results) but now I've been offseason since winter got here and have been trying to bulk (am up to 190 from 165 dieted down). I eat carbs w/all my meals on training days except bed, but on my non training days I only have carbs w/meal 1 and 3, the rest just high protein and fat similar to keto. With this I've still gained weight, gotten much stronger and am holding onto some abs when flexed. SO basically I think what I'm doin is workin, but then I read a column like yours where guys are eating TONS of carbs DIETING and I just wonder if I'm missin out on growth, but at the same time I have no desire to get fat and have to work much harder to get in shape. So what do you think?
                      Im also wondering this because ive cut with **** ******* diet seen amazing results for the 3 1/2 weeks i did it then changed over to scivation diet still low carb but i find its harder to see progress and weight flucations are quite big on week 4 now.

Comment

why in the hell would it make a difference in summer vs. winter. Maybe I'm an idiot... I dunno.

as for high carbs vs. low carbs. It's different for everyone and I always cringe when people try to apply the same basic outline for EVERYONE. Everyone is different. I keep carbs as high as I can while still losing maximum fat. For one person that might be 300g per day. for another it might be 75g. You can't just use the same blind recommendations for everyone
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                          why in the hell would it make a difference in summer vs. winter. Maybe I'm an idiot... I dunno.

as for high carbs vs. low carbs. It's different for everyone and I always cringe when people try to apply the same basic outline for EVERYONE. Everyone is different. I keep carbs as high as I can while still losing maximum fat. For one person that might be 300g per day. for another it might be 75g. You can't just use the same blind recommendations for everyone
                          cod liver oil contains vitamins D and A in addition to healthy omega-3 fats. These vitamins are essential for most everyone who cannot get regular sun exposure year-round.
                          A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Comment

• ok layne so i am going to buy some scivation extend and was thinking of taking 2 scoops pre and post workout. i am currently 200 lbs. anyways, will this be enough BCAA? do i need to buy more leucine separately? do i need to take more BCAA? i just listened to your podcast but i'm pretty sure it was from 2006...anyways, just needing some help on supplementing with leucine and BCAA. thanks!!

Comment

• also, alone with a multi and fishoils, i am planning on buying gaspari myofusion, xtend, gaspari superpump, and that's all. i also have ON's plain creatine mono. do you think this is a good stack? i am not a big fan of buying a shit load of supps. just the basics! please let me know ur opinion.

Comment

cod liver oil contains vitamins D and A in addition to healthy omega-3 fats. These vitamins are essential for most everyone who cannot get regular sun exposure year-round.
                                yea. so you could just take vitamin D
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X