Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David1991 View Post
    Hey Layne, what amount of carbs do you feel is too high in one sitting for a 175lb. individual at about 16% body fat? I know it varies but in general what amount do you like to keep it below? As of now I'm looking to gain muscle while minimizing fat gain.

I recently decided to increase carbs but considering I eat 5 meals per day and have a cut off after my 3rd meal that leaves ~230g for the 3 meals and pre-workout. What I thought for workout days was Meal 1: 70g Meal 2: 60g Pre-Workout: 30g Meal 3: 60g. What do you think? I'm thinking 70g in one meal might be a little high but not sure (and if so I don't know where else to put it)

Also, do you think it would make any difference to have meal 1 carbs then workout then 2 carbs meals or would it be better to have 2 carb meals first, workout, then just 1 carb meal after workout out?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    are you dieting or bulking? and really it is such a huge range from person to person it could be damn near anywhere from 25g-100g lol
    Right now I'm "bulking" but I'm trying to keep body fat gains as low as possible considering I'm about 16+% bf already. I seem to gain fat very easily if that helps at all.

Thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by nath123 View Post
      Hey layne i want a honest opinion here not organization rules. Is someone that has used ephredrine still a natural bodybuilder im not talking like right before a competition but more so couple years in the past. I considered someone who did PHs/DS/AAS to not be natural but recently ive looked into the rules of natural bodybuilding wanting to do a competition and noticed Ephredrine as a no no. I plan to finish the cycle since im almost done then use the rules to make sure i dont make anymore mistakes and compete in 2-3 years, but im wondering if im cheating?
      if you used it before it was banned (2004 or 2005 i think) then you are good. If you used it after I think you may have like a one year ban or something. I would contact the specific organizations & ask.

I used it way back in 2002 not since then though
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Ok i was just worried i be looked down upon if i had done ephredine during my life and then enter a natural competition. I recently used it and now finishing up what i have left since i wont be able to enter competition for prob another good year half to 2 years anyways...natural competitons are not very common in the martimes expecially during my summer vacation.( only time i can compete)

Comment

• A rather stupid question, but how do you cook your meat? I recently discovered (probably should have known this before) that I should have been counting my cals before cooking as opposed to after, but when I sliced up my steak into 4.1 oz cuts to get the 3 grams of leucine, etc, they shrunk down to about 1.9 oz when cooked which seems like next to nothing. I usually cook them at about 300 in the oven. It just seems as if they are losing too much weight or something and I am a bit paranoid. Is that normal for it to lose so much?

Comment

• i grill my meat and i weigh it beforehand.

yes it's normal to lose weight. typically you lose about 25% of the weight depending upon the moisture content
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• lanyne, whats your take on leaving out carbs post workout when losing fat?
              i know you like to use simply carbs even when dieting, but i read up on george farah's page and he says not to use carbs post workout for 30 minutes because they blunt your GH levels so less fat burning?

Comment

• Originally posted by hossjob View Post
                Are you having an issue getting sun in Alabama? I can't remember the exact time, but direct exposure to sunlight for about 10-minutes (I believe) is all you need for your skin to synthesize an adquate amount of Vitamin D.
                I think I heard 5 minutes on the top of your head...

People who look like dried out bags of leather by 35 take this shit way too far (saying the sun is good for you blah blah blah).
                PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  i grill my meat and i weigh it beforehand.

yes it's normal to lose weight. typically you lose about 25% of the weight depending upon the moisture content
                  Thank you.

Comment

• Ok layne i need your advice? i realize the ifpa rules about all the prohormones/designer steroids...but here's th things there was like 3 different bans if i took an m-drol spawn that was still OTC 1 year ago(i believe the latest ban was like late sept. when bbing.com got raided) i feel dumb for ever taking them but C'MON !! they selled them in stores like they we're any other normal supplement i had no idea what i was putting in my body so everyone can say "o your not truly natural" "fuck off a 3 week cycle of cyclobolan doesn't make me gain 40 pounds and drop to 3% body fat" . do i have to wait 7 years or 2 years. i know your gonna say just look at the site but its confusing cause there's so many different spawns of the chemicals. the latest ban was sept. 25th 2009 ....
                    Bodybuilding is the reconstruction of cells and tissue at its highest level- Lee Haney

Comment

• why not just weigh in after it's cooked? That's what I do and I imagine almost everyone else would do.

Comment

• Originally posted by baseballfever76 View Post
                        Ok layne i need your advice? i realize the ifpa rules about all the prohormones/designer steroids...but here's th things there was like 3 different bans if i took an m-drol spawn that was still OTC 1 year ago(i believe the latest ban was like late sept. when bbing.com got raided) i feel dumb for ever taking them but C'MON !! they selled them in stores like they we're any other normal supplement i had no idea what i was putting in my body so everyone can say "o your not truly natural" "fuck off a 3 week cycle of cyclobolan doesn't make me gain 40 pounds and drop to 3% body fat" . do i have to wait 7 years or 2 years. i know your gonna say just look at the site but its confusing cause there's so many different spawns of the chemicals. the latest ban was sept. 25th 2009 ....
                        This is superdrol's chemical structure 2a,17a-dimethyl-17b-hydroxy-5a-androstan-3-one. It's a steroid too not a ph. Legal though.... So look that chemical up.

Originally posted by David1991 View Post
                        why not just weigh in after it's cooked? That's what I do and I imagine almost everyone else would do.
                        I don't count cals, weigh food, or anything, but I believe a food's true weight for counting macros is raw.

Comment

• Layne...when working out...should you go to failure on every set if your goals are to gain muscle size?

If yes...how can you work yourself to failure and possibly complete a workout with good form and safety if you workout alone?

When I used a PT my workouts were more intense...but I had somebody there to "watch my back."
                          Also...when I work out solo...I always take longer breaks and cut off a rep or so sooner or safe some in the tank...I just fear if I go "all out" from set one I will be in major trouble.

Your thoughts?
                          My Journal:

Comment

• He says going to failure on every set can do more harm than good. It can actually hold you back

Comment

• Originally posted by PanterA View Post
                              He says going to failure on every set can do more harm than good. It can actually hold you back
                              So then, how hard and far should you push yourself?
                              My Journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by bluecountry View Post
                                So then, how hard and far should you push yourself?
                                Personally I push myself untill form starts to break down, but sometimes I push untill I couldn't get another rep if I had to. I train alone too, but you begin to get a feel for when you can get one more and when you can't.

Comment

Working...
                                X