Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, really backed up on work, will get to your questions ASAP. Wanted to let you all know what times I will be available at the arnold

A lot of people have been asking me if I will be at the Arnold Classic and where they can come meet me. Isabel and I will be attending the Arnold from March 4-7. We will be covering the men's bodybuilding and women's figure for bodybuilding.com. For a good bit of the expo we will probably just be walking around and meeting up with friends, business associates, etc. But I have set aside blocks of time where I will be at the Scivation booth people can come say hello and chat a bit. You can find me at the Scivation booth at the following days and times:

Friday: 2:30-4:30pm

Saturday: 2:30-4:30pm

Sunday: 11:00am-1:00pm

There is a good chance that I will have several copies of my DVD with me, so those of you who have not had a chance to pick up my DVD, you will likely have the opportunity to purchase it from me in person for $30. Keep in mind that we have almost sold out of these DVDs and there is a good chance there will not be a re-order, so if you want to get one, make sure you pick on up at the Arnold or order one through http://www.biolayne.com. I will also have competition pictures of me that I will be signing for people who want one.

Thank you all for your support and I look forward to seeing you at the Arnold!

ok, that's it with the spam. will get back to your questions ASAP

-Layne
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• I missed this thread, great work Layne. Reading the thread is like getting an education for free.

Comment

• Hey Layne,

Dedra and I will be making the trip down to Columbus on Saturday. Looking forward to catching up a little in between you being hounded by half the people there for autographs and advice, lol
        MorphogenNutrition.com
        Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Hey Layne what kinda split you doing these days? Have you ever done 2-adays or is that too much volume? Also I know your a fan of occlusion training, but I heard you lose your results pretty quick. Whats your take?
          Last edited by Caracalla; February 24, 2010, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
            Hey Layne,

Dedra and I will be making the trip down to Columbus on Saturday. Looking forward to catching up a little in between you being hounded by half the people there for autographs and advice, lol
            definitely dude. you guys going to the show saturday?
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
              how old are you?

I don't really know enough about your individual metabolism to know what macronutrient breakdown is best for you
              Layne,

I'm 27. I still feel like I have a very fast metabolism as well.

Weight fluctuates a lot daily from 193-198 and I always stay lean year round no matter what I eat (around 10% BF estimate).

Comment

• Originally posted by woofman81 View Post
                Layne,

I'm 27. I still feel like I have a very fast metabolism as well.

Weight fluctuates a lot daily from 193-198 and I always stay lean year round no matter what I eat (around 10% BF estimate).
                Forgot to add....

I'm just tired to seeing the same physique in the mirror from week to week, month to month, etc.

I think if I was leaner It would make me whole physique look better.

Comment

• Hi layne..

How important do you think incorporating deadlifts into your workout is, in a bodybuilding routine ( not powerlifting)? and what are the benefits?

Thanks.
                  Trying to get shredded. 18years old going on 19. 175cm / 160lbs / 72kg

Comment

• Ok, finally read EVERY page.(Pheeeeew). Great stuff here Layne. Thanks for all the insight!!!

Comment

• Hey Layne, hate to bother you with your super busy schedule but I just hopped on westside and have followed the program layed out by Louie to a T. My problem is that I'm on the second week and I stalled with board presses. I'm doing each ME exercise for 2 weeks straight. My question is did you periodize the weights and ME exercise and start off slowly or do what Louie says and just hit PR's with the different ME exercises every week. I personally think the way Louie has it set up is more beneficial toward geared and enhanced lifters but I can only speculate. If you don't want to tell me or feel it would be unfair to your clients I completely understand, I'm just puzzled as to how a natural can get the most out of westside and a little baffled that I would stall so soon.

Comment

• MSG

Layne, how bad is MSG for you? Monosodium glutamate? I found a seasoning mix that i love and it has MSG in it and i sprinkle is on all my meats?

Is it reall as bad as they say?

thanks

Comment

• it's only bad if you are allergic to it
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Dedicated1989 View Post
                            Hey Layne, hate to bother you with your super busy schedule but I just hopped on westside and have followed the program layed out by Louie to a T. My problem is that I'm on the second week and I stalled with board presses. I'm doing each ME exercise for 2 weeks straight. My question is did you periodize the weights and ME exercise and start off slowly or do what Louie says and just hit PR's with the different ME exercises every week. I personally think the way Louie has it set up is more beneficial toward geared and enhanced lifters but I can only speculate. If you don't want to tell me or feel it would be unfair to your clients I completely understand, I'm just puzzled as to how a natural can get the most out of westside and a little baffled that I would stall so soon.
                            i just switched them up every week, however there were a few weeks where i went light to recover a bit
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• layne what kind of training split are you doing now last time i read you were doing a sort of mix of power lifting and then more high volume later in the week and do you still hit everything 2X a week?

Comment

• layne as a natural scholar of bbing what is the science behind ecydysterones, is a product like e-bol by thermolife even going yo work in humans are ecydysterones beneficial in any way or is it a waste of time and money.
                                Biotivia Supported Athlete/Biotivia Rep

Comment

Working...
                                X