Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^Going off the question above. Do you still eat 20 grams of carbs (baked lays) with your BCAA's inbetween meals?

Comment

• Originally posted by moreps View Post
      Ha, thanks for the response. I am anxious to see this study, when published. Where can one locate it when it's available?? I am sure Alan will find some kind of hole in it, and expose it for all it's worth, and possibly beyond. Give him an inch and he'll take a mile.

Thanks again, Layne! Good info!
      well I'd like to think that my studies are well designed and don't have holes in them but I appreciate the vote of confidence
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Layne,

Can you comment on your current sleep schedule? I know you have a very busy lifestyle. Also, have you noticed positive/negative changes in your physique development that varies with your sleep schedule?

Thanks

Comment

• layne,

what's the easiest way to measure the food in the off season? I have a kitchen scale yes but its really hard to scale fruits because of different kind of sizes.

Comment

• Hey Layne,

Something Ive always wondered when reading about protein bioavailability % is what happens to the energy-proteins not absorbed? Say when a bood says beef protein is only 70% absorbable what happens to the rest? Simply excreted?

Thanks

Comment

• Layne:

I have been reading all your MD posts and many of your bodybuilding.com articles and videos. There are so many it has taken me over a month. I also copied most of the MD posts into my own Layne Norton FAQ file (that I would be happy to share with anyone btw), because the information is so great. Thanks for all you do for the bodybuilding community, especially us amateurs who are doing it without being able to afford much help.

My question is whether you have ever examined the long term risk of prostrate / colon cancer from a high protein diet, and whether that or consuming plenty of BCAA's has any impact on those risks.

I ask because I have occasionally read information on colon cancer (and I think possibly prostrate cancer), that says people who eat a lot of meat (and consequently not enough fiber) have a higher risk of colon / prostrate cancer.

Thanks bud.

Ww...

Comment

• Thanks Ww. What they find with those studies is that when they correct statistically for the fiber content & for the fat content in meat there is absolutely no association between protein & cancer.

in fact our lab's research has shown a higher protein diet slows progression of tumors compared to a typical higher carb low protein diet.

-Layne
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by KMH23 View Post
                  Hey Layne,

Something Ive always wondered when reading about protein bioavailability % is what happens to the energy-proteins not absorbed? Say when a bood says beef protein is only 70% absorbable what happens to the rest? Simply excreted?

Thanks
                  who said beef was only 70% absorbable? I need to know so I can back slap them
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    who said beef was only 70% absorbable? I need to know so I can back slap them
                    Funny. Never made much sense. The first place was in a nutritio. book for a basic nutr class at community college. More recently in arnolds bb encyclopedia. It usually goes like ohhhh grain pro is absorbed 60-70% beef70-80 and fish n eggs having the highest yeild.

I mean come on? You mean dont believe arie?

Complete bullshit?

Comment

well I'd like to think that my studies are well designed and don't have holes in them but I appreciate the vote of confidence
                      from what i've seen, alan is pretty open minded, if a study is valid he will change his viewpoint to reflect the new information
                      Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                      http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• layne, what do you think about this article?????

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/jul/weightlifting

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK2BASICS View Post
                          layne, what do you think about this article?????

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/jul/weightlifting
                          Obviously I am not Layne...but in the article it says:

Cardiology that they've documented a link between heavy lifting and torn aortas—the heart's main artery—in young, healthy patients who had previously undiagnosed aneurysms, or enlargement of the aorta.

In the same light as someone with serious kidney issues consuming high protein diet. You have an underlying issue...dont do something that will aggravate or exacerbate.
                          Shelby 01/2000 - 4/18/10. Rest in peace baby, there's no more suffering.

Comment

• Hey, Layne. I just started reading your thread and I have much respect for you. I've been doing alot of research on many supplements on the market today, and I was hoping you could help me. In your opinion, what are the most essential, and what are just rhetoric?

Comment

Thanks Ww. What they find with those studies is that when they correct statistically for the fiber content & for the fat content in meat there is absolutely no association between protein & cancer.

in fact our lab's research has shown a higher protein diet slows progression of tumors compared to a typical higher carb low protein diet.

-Layne
                              When they correct for fiber/fat content.....but considering meat would have the fat and whatever does the mean lead to colon cancer? I mean correlation doesn't show causation but maybe there's something else besides the protein in the meat that does lead to cancer?

Comment

• Layne,

Is it important to time carb intake while on a bulk if i'm someone who puts on weight fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X