Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^ I'm not sure about all, but I know some shows accept you as long as you have natural test levels. They should all be this way but I'm not sure... If you're unhealthy (low test is bad) and need synthetic test to have healthy normal levels of test... I mean c'mon.

But Ron Harris is on HRT and contacted the natural show he competed in and was told it's fine as long as levels are within normal range.
    PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Originally posted by PanterA View Post
      ^^^ I'm not sure about all, but I know some shows accept you as long as you have natural test levels. They should all be this way but I'm not sure... If you're unhealthy (low test is bad) and need synthetic test to have healthy normal levels of test... I mean c'mon.

But Ron Harris is on HRT and contacted the natural show he competed in and was told it's fine as long as levels are within normal range.
      I can see your point; I had no clue Ron Harris was on HRT either. Most regulations I have read state that if you're on prescription drugs from the banned list it IS okay as long as you provide the documentation of your bloodwork and, like you said, your levels are within the normal range.

Comment

• Layne have you done any studies or do you have any opinions 1,3 Dymethylamylamine??

Comment

• Hey Layne, if I was trying to do HIIT before my first meal of the day (so I could eat right before going to work), what would you take before doing the intervals?

Comment

• Originally posted by bio33 View Post
            Hi Layne, I recently have been using Dr. Scott Connelly's line of progenex products and in the process emailed him if I should be using carbs with the shakes after a weight training bout. He said without uncertainty, there has never been a study published showing carbs has any influence or benefit in the protein synthesis of new muscle tissue. I already know your take on this, therefore, I'm wondering what your response would be to someone making this statement who clearly is an expert in this field as well as yourself.
            carbs by themselves do not increase protein synthesis in adults, but they augment the anabolic response to amino acids
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Hey Layne i'll probably see you soon at Powerhouse w/ Ben and Dom. I had a quick question what is an example of some of your HIIT Cardio ?
              Bodybuilding is the reconstruction of cells and tissue at its highest level- Lee Haney

Comment

• well I like doing car pushes but typically if i can't do that, I'll do elliptical.

I do a 5 minute warm up followed by 10-12 one minute intervals. the first 45 seconds are easy and the last 15 seconds are all out, life or death, as hard as I can possibly go. I do that 10-12 times then do a 10-15 minute cooldown
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Is d-aspartic acid legal in natural bodybuilding orgs? It looks promising. I'm 55 and could probably use some help if it boost T levels. Thanks...

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    well I like doing car pushes but typically if i can't do that, I'll do elliptical.

I do a 5 minute warm up followed by 10-12 one minute intervals. the first 45 seconds are easy and the last 15 seconds are all out, life or death, as hard as I can possibly go. I do that 10-12 times then do a 10-15 minute cooldown

Lol, I tried this and only managed 5 one minute intervals.

Comment

• I'd also like to know if D-Aspartic acid would be classified as banned for natural organizations. I checked the INBF banned list and it does not list this.

Comment

• Originally posted by moreps View Post
                        Is d-aspartic acid legal in natural bodybuilding orgs? It looks promising. I'm 55 and could probably use some help if it boost T levels. Thanks...
                        yes it's legal. it's just an amino acid. I do not ever see it getting banned
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by David1991 View Post
                          I've heard that the reason this happens is because cooking it denatures the protein, which blending does as well. So blending doesn't do this?
                          i'm not sure if blending denatures it... I am skeptical as to whether or not it does
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by bio33 View Post
                            Hi Layne, I recently have been using Dr. Scott Connelly's line of progenex products and in the process emailed him if I should be using carbs with the shakes after a weight training bout. He said without uncertainty, there has never been a study published showing carbs has any influence or benefit in the protein synthesis of new muscle tissue. I already know your take on this, therefore, I'm wondering what your response would be to someone making this statement who clearly is an expert in this field as well as yourself.
                            carbs alone have never been shown to increase protein synthesis (although our lab now has data showing that although they don't initiate the meal response of protein synthesis, they can prolong it), but when you combine carbs with protein you get a slightly better response than protein alone
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Sleep View Post
                              Hey Layne,

I've been seeing an endocrinologist lately because it appears I may be suffering from secondary hypogonadism (failure of pituitary gland to produce proper hormones). I'm getting and MRI soon to see if its caused by a tumor on the gland itself. The treatment is typically human Chorionic Gonadotropin and Testosterone injections. Does this mean I can never compete in a natural show if I have to take these drugs? This is really a bind for me because my test, LH, and FSH levels are all way below normal range and I want to be healthy and all, but how does this effect eligibility for natural contests?
                              first off you need to worry about your health, competing is 2ndary.

Some natural orgs will allow you to be on HRT so long as you get regular blood testing to show your testosterone levels are still in the normal range. I would email the organizations, explain your situation and see what their response is
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by benM View Post
                                Layne have you done any studies or do you have any opinions 1,3 Dymethylamylamine??
                                in my experience it's damn good for preworkout focus
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X