Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    depends on the org, apparently OCB has now banned HRT
    How would they know if your levels are within range?

Comment

• Do you still agree with your macro nutrient recommendations in your contest prep article and your refeed strategy?

As a 12% bf 180lb endo (76-83g carbs), a refeed where I double my carbs and bring down my protein and fat would leave me with less calories than a normal day. Simply doubling my carbs wouldn't even bring my to maintenance. What is your recommendation?

Comment

• Layne,

I find I am very sensitive to carbs, any kind... sweet potatoes, oatmeal..etc and tend not to be able to lose bf% without losing muscle even when everthing is on point, and ive seemed to have love handle fat my whole life even when dieting down to low #s..

I dont want to go on a Palumbo/atkins type zero carb diet. Where should I incorporate carbs solely in order to see the results I want as I add cardio an such?

I was thinking, Meal 1 and before/after workout.. otherwise none. I eat 7-8 meals per day

Comment

• always had love handles eating 7-8 meals.

try eating 4-5 it is just my oppinion but I see many bbers overeating without a reason.
          Biotivia Supported Athlete/Biotivia Rep

Comment

• Originally posted by sugardaddy69 View Post
            always had love handles eating 7-8 meals.

try eating 4-5 it is just my oppinion but I see many bbers overeating without a reason.

I've done 4-5..5-6...etc I highly doubt that has anything to do with it. Its just a genetic thing, and where I hold fat from childhood from being inactive and fatter I think and it is last place for fat to leave

with my schedule and metabolism, i cant eat just 4 times a day. I would be dead.

I wake up at 5am Mon - Fri and work 10+ hrs everyday actively. I get famished very easily so I need to eat every 3 hrs

Comment

• Layne, i was wondering if you could recommend a person who is interested in learning more about the nutrition aspect of bodybuilding - what books would i look into. i have picked up a few of chris aceto's books and loved them all but i was wondering if there were anybooks that you found useful or would think would be useful for a person that possibly wants to learn more about the body with regards to nutrition as in like a guru or something.
              Current Prep: KC Golds Classic - 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Meathead. View Post
                I've done 4-5..5-6...etc I highly doubt that has anything to do with it. Its just a genetic thing, and where I hold fat from childhood from being inactive and fatter I think and it is last place for fat to leave

with my schedule and metabolism, i cant eat just 4 times a day. I would be dead.

I wake up at 5am Mon - Fri and work 10+ hrs everyday actively. I get famished very easily so I need to eat every 3 hrs
                actually once you've adapted to it, you would find you actually get less hungry because your body gets better at regulating blood glucose levels through endogenous production rather than relying on exogenous intake
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by pman100 View Post
                  How would they know if your levels are within range?
                  polygraph
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Just wanted to drop in and wish you the best in the show traning and prep. Looking awesome! Keep it up!
                    http://www.facebook.com/PastorPump , IAFS Master Trainer www.iafscertification.com

Comment

• Damn Layne. You look crazy in your avi.

What books do you recommend to read to get a better understanding of nutrition or performance nutrition?
                      Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                        actually once you've adapted to it, you would find you actually get less hungry because your body gets better at regulating blood glucose levels through endogenous production rather than relying on exogenous intake
                        Hey Layne, any opinion on intermittent fasting? The research seems not to show many issues and I've been doing it the last week and a half with noticeable better energy and satisfaction from meals.

Comment

• DVD.

Hello Layne,

I am trying to purchase your DVD from various internet sites.Nobody has it.Where can I get a copy?
                          Thanks for your help!

Comment

• i'm afraid it is totally sold out at this point
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Epifiny View Post
                              Layne, i was wondering if you could recommend a person who is interested in learning more about the nutrition aspect of bodybuilding - what books would i look into. i have picked up a few of chris aceto's books and loved them all but i was wondering if there were anybooks that you found useful or would think would be useful for a person that possibly wants to learn more about the body with regards to nutrition as in like a guru or something.
                              I've never read a single book written by a guru because when you read a book you are reading someone else's opinion. I look at scientific studies and formulate my opionions and theories based on actual data, not someone else's opinion, so I'm afraid I can't really recommend a book.
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by pumped340 View Post
                                Hey Layne, any opinion on intermittent fasting? The research seems not to show many issues and I've been doing it the last week and a half with noticeable better energy and satisfaction from meals.
                                i don't really know anything about it. But I do know fasting decreases protein synthesis significantly.

not exactly something that you'd want to induce on purpose IMO
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X