Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MiamiC View Post
    Just wanted to drop in and wish you the best in the show traning and prep. Looking awesome! Keep it up!
    thanks Carlos, really appreciate the support!
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• You should pose to this song.... Or has it been beaten to death at natural shows?

PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Layne, I'm in offseason and my plan is to eat every 4 hours....Only sold meals..

So should I take also amino+ carbs.....I'm just being lazy and I'm affried to lose muscle If I didn't eat amino on these 4 hours..

Comment

• Originally posted by Aegis View Post
          Damn Layne. You look crazy in your avi.

What books do you recommend to read to get a better understanding of nutrition or performance nutrition?
          bump
          Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aegis View Post
            bump
            dude, look like 5 posts up
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by almard View Post
              Layne, I'm in offseason and my plan is to eat every 4 hours....Only sold meals..

So should I take also amino+ carbs.....I'm just being lazy and I'm affried to lose muscle If I didn't eat amino on these 4 hours..
              Yes in between meals.... Lazy and fear don't mix too well

Comment

• Originally posted by PanterA View Post
                Yes in between meals.... Lazy and fear don't mix too well
                LOL..

I used to eat every 3 hours for years and I really get sick from that....I'm going to give Layne method tray but you know, sometime I became lazy to get all that amino, carbs with me to work...

Do you think 4 hours really make that diffrent since all my meals came from Food not shake...

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  I've never read a single book written by a guru because when you read a book you are reading someone else's opinion. I look at scientific studies and formulate my opionions and theories based on actual data, not someone else's opinion, so I'm afraid I can't really recommend a book.
                  Yes, but there are a few that do this. Alan Aragon, Dr Joe K. Or am I wrong?

Comment

• I'm sorry Layne. Totally missed it. Thank you.
                    Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by almard View Post
                      LOL..

I used to eat every 3 hours for years and I really get sick from that....I'm going to give Layne method tray but you know, sometime I became lazy to get all that amino, carbs with me to work...

Do you think 4 hours really make that diffrent since all my meals came from Food not shake...
                      As long as you're getting enough cals in every 4 hrs is fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by PanterA View Post
                        As long as you're getting enough cals in every 4 hrs is fine.
                        Yeah i had a friend who would get tired of eating and would eat 4-5 big meals instead of 7 smaller meals.

Hey yall heard George Farah's take on carbs after training? He said if you eat simple carbs after workout it interrupts the GH response. He said to do a =shake and then 45 minutes later do the carbs. Is that really effective or is that just a plug for Optimum Nutrition's Hydrolyzed PLatinum Protein?
                        Dream big and work hard!

Comment

• Originally posted by Del Toro View Post
                          Yeah i had a friend who would get tired of eating and would eat 4-5 big meals instead of 7 smaller meals.

Hey yall heard George Farah's take on carbs after training? He said if you eat simple carbs after workout it interrupts the GH response. He said to do a =shake and then 45 minutes later do the carbs. Is that really effective or is that just a plug for Optimum Nutrition's Hydrolyzed PLatinum Protein?
                          i could not possibly disagree more with his stance.
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by moreps View Post
                            Yes, but there are a few that do this. Alan Aragon, Dr Joe K. Or am I wrong?
                            hey I didn't say they weren't smart guys. All i'm saying is a book is someone's opinion. I didn't say it would be worthless, all I'm saying is I've never read one because for me, I'd rather look at the data myself and make my own interpretations
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                              hey I didn't say they weren't smart guys. All i'm saying is a book is someone's opinion. I didn't say it would be worthless, all I'm saying is I've never read one because for me, I'd rather look at the data myself and make my own interpretations
                              If you do happen to write a book, do you recommend us buying it then? Or no, due to it being your opinion based on the data you've collected? Also, do you feel that scientific data and evidence is constantly evolving and changing? What was relavent 10 years ago quite possibly wouldn't apply today or 10 years from today.

In any case, I would rather read the opinions from people like you, Aragon, Dr. Joe and come to my own conculsions. I have their books and I find them very useful. If you put one out, I'd be first in line at Borders.

Comment

• lol, read what I said again, I didn't say not to buy books, I just said there wasn't one in particular I'd recommend because I've never read any of them, and I'm not going to recommend something if I haven't read it
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X