Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    i don't really know anything about it. But I do know fasting decreases protein synthesis significantly.

    not exactly something that you'd want to induce on purpose IMO
    Hm, but hasn't your research shown that by going longer without protein your body will be even more responsive later when it takes in a big amount?

    Also, your new pic looks great, are you still incorporating the ~2 weeks of cutting/~4 weeks of gaining method in the off season?

    Comment


    • going 4..5 hrs is completely different than fasting.

      Comment


      • Well i have regularly eaten the simple carbs after workout even when i was gettin ready for contests. For me, I knew that that worked and probably still does. Just throws me off when someone like George says something totally opposite of what I was doing. Makes me feel like i am missing something.
        Dream big and work hard!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Meathead. View Post
          going 4..5 hrs is completely different than fasting.
          this
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

          Comment


          • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            this

            Derr.

            Comment


            • Gotta love Layne Norton's hardcore attitude.
              Can't wait to get that big and do the same thing.

              Comment


              • Early prediction here is that Layne will win his first pro show in dominating fashion. The scary thing is that if he remains healthy, he'll reach his peak in another 10 years.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by moreps View Post
                  Early prediction here is that Layne will win his first pro show in dominating fashion. The scary thing is that if he remains healthy, he'll reach his peak in another 10 years.
                  i truly appreciate the support, but you need to look at the guys i'm going up against. I think you are overhyping me here, especially if you look at who I'm up against. My goal is to be onstage in my best possible shape. whatever happens, happens
                  BioLayne LLC
                  PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

                  Comment


                  • Hey Layne, I hear you man, but they have to look at what they're going to be up against, too.

                    I'm not overhyping you, just putting the pressure on to make you work even harder. Take it to an other level you never knew existed. The thing is, your work ethic is over the top to begin with, however, to beat these guys you are up against, you'll have to tread on new ground with the diet, training and everything else. (If that is at all possible)

                    I think you can do it.

                    Comment


                    • Kill it in the gym diet smart and when you turn to the back shows over.

                      I hear ya when sayin the main goal is to show up your best ever. All that really matters.
                      Dream big and work hard!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Del Toro View Post
                        Kill it in the gym diet smart and when you turn to the back shows over.

                        I hear ya when sayin the main goal is to show up your best ever. All that really matters.
                        Yes, this is true... But it also messes with your head. Bottom line... if you don't win, it doesn't matter what you look like at your show.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by moreps View Post
                          Yes, this is true... But it also messes with your head. Bottom line... if you don't win, it doesn't matter what you look like at your show.
                          Ok for you maybe. If you show up looking impressive and better than last competition that is a victory in itself. You train to win but dont obsess over it. No?
                          Dream big and work hard!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Del Toro View Post
                            Ok for you maybe. If you show up looking impressive and better than last competition that is a victory in itself. You train to win but dont obsess over it. No?
                            You're right, but it is disappointing if you do not place as well as you thought. After all, you're competing to win. Any disappointment should make you work harder for the next show, even if your conditioning was at an all time best.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by moreps View Post
                              You're right, but it is disappointing if you do not place as well as you thought. After all, you're competing to win. Any disappointment should make you work harder for the next show, even if your conditioning was at an all time best.
                              Yeah definitely dissappointing to not place s well as you thought. Especially when you see pics after prejudging and think oyu got it in the bag.

                              Side note: I was very dissapointed with all the gyno i saw at the NPC Jr USA's this weekend. Nothing against enhanced bodybuilders but it totally takes almost everything away from the physique when you compete with gyno.
                              Dream big and work hard!

                              Comment


                              • teen, 6 weeks out, need help regarding sodium.

                                Hey layne im a teen who is 6 weeks out from his first show, ive been following your contest prep article you wrote for bodybuilding.com (even though it's 5ish years oldl) and it has been working great!

                                The only thing is that i will NOT be sodium depleting/loading, for whatever reason i feel very uncomfortable doing this and feel that it just wont be needed.

                                My question for you is what should my sodium level be going into the show.

                                i am currently getting 4000mgs a day and look very full as well as very vascular but i think i could look a bit better.

                                i may just need to continue getting leaner but either way i thought i would get your opinion.


                                And good luck with your show! Regardless how you place everyone knows your going to come in looking amazing and thatís what im most excited for!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X