Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NeedMoreSize View Post
    Layne, question for you on training frequency.

I know you are a proponent of hitting the muscle multiple time per week.

Obviously that implies you feel that 2 times per week is more beneficial than 1 time per week for muscle growth.

However, when I hit my legs, I have a certain workout that I LOVE, that destroys my legs so badly that it would literally be dangerous to hit them again 3 days later, and they are literally still very sore on day 5. I have done this routine 6 weeks straight and the soreness never subsides to where I can train my legs a 2nd time that week.

My question is do you think I should either tone down that workout a bit, or flat out change it, so that I can get in a 2nd workout per week, or should I just stick with the one workout per week for legs?
    breakdown of the workout?
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Pangloss View Post
      Please let me know when your commentary on the high repetitions study is up or out.
      it is now out in the new issue of MD
      BioLayne LLC
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by creed42 View Post
        Layne whats your take on cardio when dieting. I am an athlete and I am just walking on an incline now but would much rather do HIIT cardio. I think I have read before that you prefer this also.
        see my webcasts and my precontest article http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm see the cardio session
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by creed42 View Post
          Layne, if you get chance I would like your feedback on the thread about 13 weeks out from 1st comp. I posted some pics and respect your opinion. Thanks man
          link please?
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            link please?
            Its on the nattie talk forum. Titled "13 weeks out from first competition"

Comment

• Ok I guess I'll go find it didn't think it was that difficult to post the direct link
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

Ok I guess I'll go find it didn't think it was that difficult to post the direct link
                http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...IFETIME-NATTIE

Comment

breakdown of the workout?
                  Hack Squats Rest Pause 6-8, 3-4, 1-2
                  Sumo Deads 1x12, 1x8
                  SLDL 1 x 8, 1 x 6
                  Leg Press Calf Raises 2 x 8-12
                  Seated Calf Raises 1 x 8-10

The thing that is interesting is I also do this workout with 2 variations, one variation is with Squats in place of Hack Squats, but no RP (Don't want to die) and with Leg Presses in place of Hack Squats, Rest Paused, and neither of those two workouts leave me sore for more than 3 days, its this particular one that kills me. BUT, I don't feel any quad exercise like I do Hacks, by far and away my favorite quad exercise.

Thanks!

Comment

• not to sound like a jerk but that's really not that crazy, looks pretty typical. How much are you eating?
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Layne, your article on BD.com on precontest diet does that work for women also. My wife is planning on doing figure comp in july. Just didnt know if the same % of fat pro carbs was the same for men vs. women. Thanks for the help man.

Comment

• well yea, just keep in mind that article is just a general guideline
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• ok and thanks for the info and tips on my pics. After taking those pics and looking at them I def see I need to work on my posing. And raising my hands higher on my waist def makes the lat spread look better. Thanks again Layne.

Comment

not to sound like a jerk but that's really not that crazy, looks pretty typical. How much are you eating?
                            I agree 100%.

If I swap out regular squats for the RP Hacks, I am good to go 3 days later. For some reason the hacks just F me up with Doms for days!

I am eating very slightly above maintenance. Gaining about a 1/2 lb per week.

Comment

• make your quads too sore with hacks?
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• I recently heard that because insulin spikes lead to secretion of somatostatin (which blocks production of Growth Hormone), a high carbohydrate meal should not be consumed immediately after a workout if your main goal is fat loss. What do you think about this? My thinking is that this is only one piece of the puzzle. If you do something like HIIT your body's main fuel is going to be carbohydrates (assuming you are doing anerobic intervals), so that is what needs to be replenished. If there is no sugar readily available then the body will have to go to amino acids to create glucose, sacrificing muscle, right? So couldn't this in the long term have a negative effect on fat loss and training in general?

Comment

Working...
                                X