Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    make your quads too sore with hacks?
    Did not realize this was the Layne Q & Insult.....

I was not asking you for your opinion on whether or not I am a P***y, I was asking you if you thought it would be beneficial to do less in a workout, to be able to get in a second workout per week.

Don't feel like answering my question, fine, but don't really appreciate the insults.

Never mind though, there are others who I can ask.

Keep on keepin on.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeedMoreSize View Post
      Did not realize this was the Layne Q & Insult.....

I was not asking you for your opinion on whether or not I am a P***y, I was asking you if you thought it would be beneficial to do less in a workout, to be able to get in a second workout per week.

Don't feel like answering my question, fine, but don't really appreciate the insults.

Never mind though, there are others who I can ask.

Keep on keepin on.
      Tough period? It would take a bad period indeed to read in insult into that benign question.

Comment

• are you kidding me? I was asking the question to try to figure out what was making you so sore, so I could help you figure out how to increase your frequency. I mean fucking seriously.
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

are you kidding me? I was asking the question to try to figure out what was making you so sore, so I could help you figure out how to increase your frequency. I mean fucking seriously.
          ....... sorry for bothering you. I know you don't have time for this.

Comment

• LOL, I was trying to help you dude, I just don't understand?

damn I love this but sometimes it's frustrating!
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

LOL, I was trying to help you dude, I just don't understand?

damn I love this but sometimes it's frustrating!
              If that's the case, I sincerely apologize.

It just seemed to me that you were insulting me.

As I said, my apologies.

Comment

• how in the world could you possibly think that is an insult? I mean I accept your apology but damn people are freaking sensitive these days
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

how in the world could you possibly think that is an insult? I mean I accept your apology but damn people are freaking sensitive these days
                  Maybe I was being too "freaking sensitive", but all I can do, since you asked, is tell you why I reacted the way I did.

I asked you a question, do you think it would make sense to tone down a workout, so that I can get a 2nd workout in per week, because the original workout was leaving me far too sore, to safely get in a 2nd workout on that bodypart in the same week.

You reply, breakdown of workout.

I tell you exactly what my workout was, and explain that other variations of that workout, swapping out the Rest Pause Hacks for either Squats or Leg Presses, do not leave me nearly as sore.

Your reply is Hack Squats making your Quads to sore?

Now, I understand things don't always come off as intended in print, I get that. BUT, when I write out a detailed post as I did as an explanation to you, explaining it, and you come back, not with an answer to my question, but with a question that SOUNDS pretty snide, as if to say, are you serious, Hack squats are making your quads too sore? Are you some kind of p&**y?

That is how I took it.

Again, I was not asking you to evaluate whether or not Rest Pause squats combined with sumo deadlifts should be making me sore for 5 days.

You want to chalk it up to me being too sensitive, fine by me.

I apologized sincerely for taking your post as an insult.

I am only going through this to answer your question, and give you my perspective on why I am so "freaking sensitive".

Comment

• I was just asking if that exercise in particular is what you think was causing the soreness. I would be careful trying to interpret someone's tone by reading words. I was trying to help you.
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

I was just asking if that exercise in particular is what you think was causing the soreness. I would be careful trying to interpret someone's tone by reading words. I was trying to help you.
                      That's fine, I did apologize..........

I guess I thought that was pretty clear that I thought it was, if you read my post I clearly stated that the exact same workout swapped out with either Squats, or Leg Presses allowed me to get in a 2nd workout in the same week.

Again, the reason I apologized is because I am taking your word that I interpreted your tone incorrectly, but I still maintain that if I look at the sequence of events, that was a question that did not really need to be asked, hence my interpretation of snide.

I know you are a smart guy, the PhD next to your name says that.

Comment

• I think many of the questions here are not bad questions per say, but you can certainly tell that the curious party has not taken any time to try to research the subject in question on their own. Meaning many of these inquiries are a few google searches away at most. It goes without saying that the most resourceful people(and not just when it comes to bb) tend to be the most successful ones. My favorite questions are the ones that I get from people who have been searching, and learning about a specific topic and reached a dead-end so to speak, or have have come upon conflicting imformation. Those are the best questions, and the most enjoyable ones to answer, but also the questions were the community as a whole gets to benefit from the most.

Comment

• Originally posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
                          I think many of the questions here are not bad questions per say, but you can certainly tell that the curious party has not taken any time to try to research the subject in question on their own. Meaning many of these inquiries are a few google searches away at most. It goes without saying that the most resourceful people(and not just when it comes to bb) tend to be the most successful ones. My favorite questions are the ones that I get from people who have been searching, and learning about a specific topic and reached a dead-end so to speak, or have have come upon conflicting imformation. Those are the best questions, and the most enjoyable ones to answer, but also the questions were the community as a whole gets to benefit from the most.
                          You know, I am going to try to impart some wisdom into both of you.

I know I am going to come off like a prick, but I hope the two of you recognize that you are both kids (to me at least), and even though you both think you have the world figured out, I can assure you, you don't. This is not intended for me to come off as a prick, but to honestly try and give you both some much needed perspective.

Both of you are "guru's".

You both make money off of your expertise, meaning you are both business owners.

Let me ask you both a question, how much actual $$ do you spend on advertising for your business?

I would venture to guess, very little, as a % of revenue your business generates, compared to most business.

SO, having yourself be available for these Q&A forums, and other forums where you put yourself out there, is your main type of advertising. They say nothing in life is free, and this is an example. In this case, your expense are your work, in the form of answering these questions, and putting yourself out there, to "prove" your expertise.

As a business owner myself, there is an old saying, "I know half of my advertising $ are being wasted, I just am not sure which half."

Well, the same is the case here, I am sure more than half of the answers here do not lead to new client's, however I assure you both, that you both do get client's from this type of forum.

So, whenever someone asks you a question, you really cannot be sure if you are going to land a client or not.

This is your advertising.

I have read every fkng post on this thread at least 2 times, BEFORE asking my question.

I have also gotten opinions by reading other "guru's".

I have my own ideas, however I am NOT a guru.

I was seriously considering trying to hire Layne, and part of this was to determine how I could work with him.

Now, I apologized sincerely, however if you go back and read my and his posts, I am not convinced I should be the one apologizing here, but I did anyway, because I believe if there is a chance I am wrong, that is how I should behave.

Work is not all enjoyment, sometimes you have to do the things you don't like to do, to make money.

Again, I am not trying to come off like a condescending prick, even though I know that is how this will be taken. I am trying to give some perspective where it is needed.

New "guru's" pop up all the time, quite honestly they are a dime a dozen, and that number seems to be increasing every day.

A year or two ago I never heard of 3dmj, but now that is an option.

More will come, you can be assured of that.

Comment

That's fine, I did apologize..........

I guess I thought that was pretty clear that I thought it was, if you read my post I clearly stated that the exact same workout swapped out with either Squats, or Leg Presses allowed me to get in a 2nd workout in the same week.

Again, the reason I apologized is because I am taking your word that I interpreted your tone incorrectly, but I still maintain that if I look at the sequence of events, that was a question that did not really need to be asked, hence my interpretation of snide.

I know you are a smart guy, the PhD next to your name says that.
                            Dude, it was just a question, I was just trying to make sure I had the info straight. Don't know how much more clear I can be about that. How far down are you going on hacks and what specific brand is it? I mean it's not necessarily a bad thing that you get sore from it, but you don't want it negatively impacting subsequent workouts. How long have you been doing the hacks consistently and consistently had this prolonged soreness?
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

You know, I am going to try to impart some wisdom into both of you.

I know I am going to come off like a prick, but I hope the two of you recognize that you are both kids (to me at least), and even though you both think you have the world figured out, I can assure you, you don't. This is not intended for me to come off as a prick, but to honestly try and give you both some much needed perspective.

Both of you are "guru's".

You both make money off of your expertise, meaning you are both business owners.

Let me ask you both a question, how much actual $$ do you spend on advertising for your business?

I would venture to guess, very little, as a % of revenue your business generates, compared to most business.

SO, having yourself be available for these Q&A forums, and other forums where you put yourself out there, is your main type of advertising. They say nothing in life is free, and this is an example. In this case, your expense are your work, in the form of answering these questions, and putting yourself out there, to "prove" your expertise.

As a business owner myself, there is an old saying, "I know half of my advertising $ are being wasted, I just am not sure which half."

Well, the same is the case here, I am sure more than half of the answers here do not lead to new client's, however I assure you both, that you both do get client's from this type of forum.

So, whenever someone asks you a question, you really cannot be sure if you are going to land a client or not.

This is your advertising.

I have read every fkng post on this thread at least 2 times, BEFORE asking my question.

I have also gotten opinions by reading other "guru's".

I have my own ideas, however I am NOT a guru.

I was seriously considering trying to hire Layne, and part of this was to determine how I could work with him.

Now, I apologized sincerely, however if you go back and read my and his posts, I am not convinced I should be the one apologizing here, but I did anyway, because I believe if there is a chance I am wrong, that is how I should behave.

Work is not all enjoyment, sometimes you have to do the things you don't like to do, to make money.

Again, I am not trying to come off like a condescending prick, even though I know that is how this will be taken. I am trying to give some perspective where it is needed.

New "guru's" pop up all the time, quite honestly they are a dime a dozen, and that number seems to be increasing every day.

A year or two ago I never heard of 3dmj, but now that is an option.

More will come, you can be assured of that.
                              I have never claimed to be a 'guru', in fact I quite dislike the moniker. It implies 'all knowing' and I'll be the first to tell you, there's plenty I don't know. I'd like to think I've got a decent handle on my little corner of the scientific and bodybuilding universe, but still there's plenty I don't know and am always trying to learn. I've never tried to come across as a 'guru'.

As for advertising, certainly posting on various sites has helped raise my profile and acquire clients over time, but I think you should look back a bit. I've been posting on forums for 10 years. I've had my business for 5. I was giving out free advice for a good 5 years before I ever even thought about taking a dime from anyone. And at this point I have a waiting list for clients and enough word of mouth referrals that I could probably not post on any message board again and still maintain a good client base and pick up enough just from referrals, so I don't post on forums to acquire new clients. I do it because for the most part, I enjoy it and I enjoy helping people. Now getting a few new clients from it is an added bonus, but it's not my main motivation. You can choose to believe what you like in that regard.

Like I said before, I was just trying to help you, for whatever reason you took offense to it because of some perceived slight which did not exist
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

You're off your fucking rocker, mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X