Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne wat is your take on Monohydrate during pre-contest? im just worried about bloating and water retention
    Having the genes of a rhino is only half the BATTLE!

Comment

• creatine causes water to be retained INSIDE the muscle cell. That is a good thing. definitely use it while cutting. I take it even the day of the show.
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        creatine causes water to be retained INSIDE the muscle cell. That is a good thing. definitely use it while cutting. I take it even the day of the show.
        Good ok Thanks Layne
        Having the genes of a rhino is only half the BATTLE!

Comment

• Pure mono (german) correct? all other forms are BS?

Do you agree that excess creatine can bloat you? or make you puffy or no?

Last thing I'd like to kindly ask how much do you use, and is there a limit?

Thank you Layne!

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
          creatine causes water to be retained INSIDE the muscle cell. That is a good thing. definitely use it while cutting. I take it even the day of the show.

Comment

• Layne, I know I got off to a pretty bad start with you, but I was wondering if I could ask you some questions about your research and your proposed meal structure for optimal MPS? I don't want to write out long detailed posts if you have bad feelings and do not want to answer, which I would of course understand based on recent back and forth. Thanks.

Comment

• Layne I read an article today talking about the combination of Arginine pyroglutamate and L-Lysine to increase HGH production. What's your thoughts on this? It was based on an University study but I don't believe everything I read. Thought you would be the man to ask. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Originally posted by bjo12 View Post
                Pure mono (german) correct? all other forms are BS?

Do you agree that excess creatine can bloat you? or make you puffy or no?

Last thing I'd like to kindly ask how much do you use, and is there a limit?

Thank you Layne!
                well excess can cause bloat from GI distress.

I use 4-5g per day of monohydrate, but it doesn't have to be german lol so long as it's lab tested
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by NeedMoreSize View Post
                  Layne, I know I got off to a pretty bad start with you, but I was wondering if I could ask you some questions about your research and your proposed meal structure for optimal MPS? I don't want to write out long detailed posts if you have bad feelings and do not want to answer, which I would of course understand based on recent back and forth. Thanks.
                  go ahead with your question
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by creed42 View Post
                    Layne I read an article today talking about the combination of Arginine pyroglutamate and L-Lysine to increase HGH production. What's your thoughts on this? It was based on an University study but I don't believe everything I read. Thought you would be the man to ask. Thanks for the help.
                    maybe it does. I still have yet to see ANY EVIDENCE that increasing GH in the physiological range in adults has any anabolic effects, I rather doubt it does
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Thank you!

Is there any studies or so / your opinions that show a maximum limit per day on creatine dose? such as I read 3-5g max is absorbed in your body, rest = you pee it out is this true?

Thanks!

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                      well excess can cause bloat from GI distress.

I use 4-5g per day of monohydrate, but it doesn't have to be german lol so long as it's lab tested

Comment

• Hey, Layne. Do you think there's any cause to avoid whey protein concentrate considering the oxidized cholesterol it contains? Or is the study that's generating the hysteria simply inconclusive at this stage?

Comment

• to be honest i haven't seen the study. but whey is so low in cholesterol that even if it was oxidized i can't imagine it doing much damage
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Layne i was wondering your take on the keto/cha diet for a 27 year old meso. Do you like this approach to dieting?

Comment

• please read any article I have on dieting like http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

plus i've answered that question probably over a dozen times in this very thread so run a search for it or google it for plenty of results =)
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Hey Layne,
                                I'm a bodybuilder at heart but I'm very fat right now. It will take a year to get lean again(I miss the competition) but recently A guy I work with suggested I should do a power lifting contest. It's a natural single lift meet so I thought I would do the bench press. I'm a pretty strong bencher but lift more for bodybuilding. So I wanted to see where I was at. I warmed up with a lot of sets but when I got to 405 on the whey down with the weight I felt pain in the side of the chest by the arm pit, like a rubber band being stretched to the brink of breaking I don't think I tore any thing but the area is tender. I felt around and I can't feel any thing out of place or torn. I've noticed tightness in the area before doing lat pull downs and bent over rear lateral raises. So my questions are there supplements that strengthen tendons and maybe some stretching exercises to loosen up the area?
                                I'm also a little paranoid can you tweak something like this and have it heel on it's own?
                                Thank you,

Comment

Working...
                                X