Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne, what do you recommend as far as timing and dosing for L-Carnitine?

Comment

• I believe Layne uses 1g of carnitine tartrate with pre & post workout meals

Comment

• hey layne thanks for answering all our questions. i was just wonderin if ud critique my new routine. im trying 2 bring up my shoulders, back and legs and not trying to emphasise on arms and chest as they are miles ahead from the rest of my body.
        day 1: back(emphasis on width with more hypertrophy) 3 sets for biceps
        2: chest 3 sets for triceps
        3:shoulders, legs (strenght,power)
        4ff
        5:Back (emphasis on thickness and strength)
        6:shoulders (hypertrophy)
        7:quads, hamstrings, calves (hypertrophy and sometimes do quads in morning and hamstrings at night)
        8ff

thanx heeps

Comment

• not enough frequency IMO
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• what would u do to increase frequency?

Comment

• Originally posted by geordz View Post
              what would u do to increase frequency?
              you workout each bodypart more frequently...

I'd really recommend you read my articles on training as well as watch my webcasts
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Hi Layne,
                I'm sure this will of been covered previously but I don't have the time to shift through the 434 pages of this thread & the search feature isn't getting me anywhere.
                So, what is your opinion on offseason cardio?

Currently I do it once a week to kill time, improve cardiovascular health & it helps my leg DOMS.
                Thanks in advance.
                the hope still lives and the dream will never die

Comment

• lol read most of em and watched em all thanx

Comment

• Layne,

I just want to say that you've been hugely influential in how I think about training and nutrition.

I'm considering starting a sheiko routine after I finish the current routine that I'm on. I've always wanted to do a power lifting based routine and sheiko 29 seems like a good place to start.

I train with a partner and he would be doing the same routine. I showed him it and he asked where the lat/upper back/bicep work is and I didn't really know what to say?

I know powerlifters are mainly training for squats, deadlifts and bench press, not something like pull ups, and I know that there is definitely a lot of lower back work in the routine. I'm just wondering is the lack of direct upper back work (like pull ups) in the routine something to worry about (from a bodybuilding perspective)?

Thanks for your time, appreciate it

Comment

• Layne, quick question

I have two bottles of XTEND that have sat around for a while. Does that stuff expire? It seems to have started to clump so I'm going to guess "yes".
                      What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

Comment

• errr...on second look...it's not clumping a lot at all...was just a few clumps that were easily broken up and the rest of the power is still very fine. Both bottles I just noticed have stickers on the bottom with expiry dates of Jan. 21, 2011. That's about 2 months ago. Still good?
                        What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

Comment

• Hey Layne. I just started taking Cissus and have noticed that my lymphnodes have swollen up quite a bit. Have you ever heard of anybody having any adverse affects to this supp?

Comment

• Hi Layne! First off, thanks for taking your time being on here answering all these questions! I have two questions
                            1. Which pre workout- and intra wo supplements would you recommend? I thought about doing AAKG, citrulin malate, creatine and beta alanine pre, and bcaa's intra. Will AAKG and citrulin do anything for me?
                            2. Which fatty acids would you recommend one having in a diet? I'm currently taking a omega 3 supp from salmon and eating coconut and nuts (mostly almonds) as my main source for fat.

I'm currently cutting. Man, 200 lbs (quite lean), 23 yrs.
                            Thanks!

Comment

• Hey Layne. I have two questions for you.

1. How much citrulline malate do you take and when?
                              2. Im training MMA two times per week. I take 5 grams BCAA with 30 grams dextrose before the workout and 10grams BCAA and 30grams dextrose after. I also get in
                              1000 extra calories these days. Any other recommendations to spare muscle during the workouts? HMB maybe?

thx

Comment

• Hey layne...so i wasn't able to get the MD with Arnold on the cover. I remember in the issue before you discussed cycling bulking and cutting. I remember that you said you would get into more detail in the following issue. As I said before, I was unable to get this issue. Is there any way you could repost the main points you discussed? Or maybe just repost the entire article? Also, i was wondering if a 2 week bulking and 2 week cutting would work. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X