Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Layne,

    do you agree/support Chad Waterubury's style of total body training with a 3 day full body routines (M-W-F) focusing on 4 compounds and 2 isolation exercises while varying rep ranges throughout the week?

    Baseically, any thoughts on these type of programs of full body - upper/lower - push/pull. I really enjoy these types of training but dont know if they be as effective as a body part split.

    Comment


    • i haven't checked it out but I am a big fan of high frequency... think 2-3X week training each bodypart works well
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

      Comment


      • Hi Layne. Here's the situation: I've been dieting for about 6 months and have recently plateaued. Cals: 6 days/week roughly 1500 (note that I've gradually tapered the calories down) and 1 refeed day of roughly 3200. In your opinion/experience would adding another refeed day get things moving again? I'm reluctant to do this because it seems very counter-intuitive.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by west View Post
          Hi Layne. Here's the situation: I've been dieting for about 6 months and have recently plateaued. Cals: 6 days/week roughly 1500 (note that I've gradually tapered the calories down) and 1 refeed day of roughly 3200. In your opinion/experience would adding another refeed day get things moving again? I'm reluctant to do this because it seems very counter-intuitive.

          C'mon man what's wrong with a day of oatmeal, just eat 4 cups, great re feed

          Comment


          • layne , I am following your contest prep article (which by the way is the shit) , the question I have for you is should I higher my reps and sets (im about 16 weeks out and just began to diet down) , also wouldnt drinkin a shake during your workout force blood into the stomach and destroy your pump? thanks ,
            Richie
            IRONMAN ATHLETICS
            HARDCORE PERFORMANCE WEAR

            Comment


            • no, 'the blood flow issue' has been way overblown in regards to drinking a shake before a workout or during.

              no need to increase your rep range.
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

              Comment


              • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                no, 'the blood flow issue' has been way overblown in regards to drinking a shake before a workout or during.

                no need to increase your rep range.

                Thanks for the help
                IRONMAN ATHLETICS
                HARDCORE PERFORMANCE WEAR

                Comment


                • Preparation Diet
                  Regular Day Meal Plan
                  Starting 18 weeks out
                  Weight: 190 BFP around15%
                  Height: 58 5/07/07 Calories Carbs Protein Fat
                  Meal 1: Breakfast (first thing in the morning)
                  cup Oatmeal 150 27 5 3
                  2 tbsp Natural Peanut butter 190 6 9 15
                  1 cup or 10 egg whites 120 2 26 0
                  Total: 460cal 35g 38g 18g
                  Meal 2: Pre-workout (1.5-2 hrs before workout)
                  4oz Chicken (measured before cooked) 100 0 21 1
                  1 cup Brown Rice (long grain) 216 45 5 2
                  1 banana (large) 121 31 1 .5
                  1 cup mixed vegetables 30 5 2 0
                  1 Tbsp olive oil 120 0 0 14
                  Total: 587cal 81g 29g 17.5g
                  Meal 3: During Workout
                  1 scoop Whey Protein elite 212 5 40 3
                  50g Maltodextrin 190 47 0 0
                  Total: 302cal 52g 40g 3g
                  Meal 4: Post-Workout (30mins after workout)
                  8oz Chicken (measured before cooked) 200 0 41 2
                  2 Sweet potatoes (medium) 162 61 5 0
                  Total: 362cals 61g 46g 2g
                  Meal 5: (2-3 hrs after post-workout meal)
                  4oz Tuna (for can) 140 0 30 2
                  1 cup mixed vegetables 30 5 2 0
                  3 fish oil gels 40 0 0 3.5
                  1 Primrose oil gel 10 0 0 1.3
                  Total: 260cals 5g 32g 6.8g
                  Meal 6: (2-3 hrs after meal 5)
                  4oz Chicken (measured before cooked) 100 0 21 .5
                  1 cup mixed vegetables 30 5 2 0
                  1 oz almonds 160 3 3 6
                  1 Primrose oil gel 10 0 0 1.3 Total: 300cals 5g 23g 7.8g
                  Meal 7: (2-3 hrs after meal 6 before bedtime)
                  1 3/4 scoop Whey Protein elite 212 5 40 3
                  1 heaping tsp of Fibersure 25 6 0 0
                  Total: 237cals 11g 40g 3g
                  Complete Total: 2508cals 250g 248g 58.1g
                  hey layne what do you think of of my diet foolowing your directions i aware that the carbs are about 10gs over and protein 2g over and fat .1gs i started last week. 17 weeks out now and once schools over i gonna revamp it correctlly.
                  -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
                  -HARDCORE/PROFROMANCE WEAR
                  -COMING EARLY SEPT

                  Comment


                  • one more thing layne i showed it to some one who once competed and he things i need some calium sould i supplement it in? what do you thing also i what sould i do on off days for the post meal or sould i do hiit cardio to replace the workout thanks bro
                    -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
                    -HARDCORE/PROFROMANCE WEAR
                    -COMING EARLY SEPT

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by claudio_rdgz View Post
                      C'mon man what's wrong with a day of oatmeal, just eat 4 cups, great re feed
                      Actually, I love oatmeal and eat heaps on my refeed days!

                      Comment


                      • Layne, I read in your post about your webcast that you are currently spending about a year putting on muscle before your first pro contest. Can I ask what weight you hope to compete at in that contest, what your goal BF is for that show and what you maintain at during your bulking phase?

                        Do you believe in the idea that people need to add a lot of fat to gain muscle too? Or can you add muscle and remain relatively lean?

                        Dustin

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by certifiedStrenght View Post
                          one more thing layne i showed it to some one who once competed and he things i need some calium sould i supplement it in? what do you thing also i what sould i do on off days for the post meal or sould i do hiit cardio to replace the workout thanks bro
                          looks fine to me... are you taking a multi?
                          BioLayne LLC
                          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bottom Gun View Post
                            Layne, I read in your post about your webcast that you are currently spending about a year putting on muscle before your first pro contest. Can I ask what weight you hope to compete at in that contest, what your goal BF is for that show and what you maintain at during your bulking phase?

                            Do you believe in the idea that people need to add a lot of fat to gain muscle too? Or can you add muscle and remain relatively lean?

                            Dustin
                            hopefully be at 200 or over; in the offseason i try to stay between 8-12% bodyfat.

                            How much bodyfat one needs to put on to gain muscle depends upon the individual's bodyfat setpoint; but yes it does take SOME fat... but not ridiculous amounts
                            BioLayne LLC
                            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

                            Comment


                            • hey guys just so you know the webcast isn't going up today. Apparantly it needed some more editing and should be up soon. As soon as it is posted I will post the link. Sorry for the delay.

                              -Layne
                              BioLayne LLC
                              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                looks fine to me... are you taking a multi?
                                yeah i take this nature way something thanks what about the off days or sould i just do the cardio
                                -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
                                -HARDCORE/PROFROMANCE WEAR
                                -COMING EARLY SEPT

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X