Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks layne!

Comment

• That was great. looking forward to further updates!

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        thanks troy. how goes the comeback?
        Things are good and bad.

Our move back home (kansas) destroyed by the Tornado, but my family is safe and fixing the building as we speak for the clinic

But Krissy took 2nd at Jr.USA's. We missed it by one. She is predicted on BB.com/Lonnie Teper (swami) to win Jr.Nattys, so thats GOOD!..LOL..4weeks out from that.

I will do the Max Pro in Kansas in Sept 22nd and Universe in FL. See from there. Things are great...down to 223 today. Feels great!

I took your advice and started training bodyparts 2xweek and it seems to be working really great! BIG, HUGE improvements...u know me..old school, scared at first, but I see the light now-Thanks a lot. Most of these peeps need to take your advice to heart..as your the man.

But honestly, CONGRATS on the webcast brother. That is simply outstanding. Could not happene to a better gentleman and a true class act.
        Looking forward to seeing part 2 and the rest.

BTW- What is your opinon on the supplements for DOMS? (enzymes)
        Natural Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• thanks troy, if you ever need anything let me know. I think isabel and i will probably be in chi-town for jr. nats... so I assume you'll be there?

i have not heard of enzymes for reducing DOMS, not quite sure of the delivery system they'd use though since enzymes are typicall proteins and whole proteins are destroyed by the gut during digested & broken down to amino acids so i'm not sure how they'd get into circulation
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Layne, basically Dr. Mark J. Tallon, (based on some positive studies) developed an various proteolytic enzyme (primary proteases) product combined with some Beta-sitosterol and glucosides to help one recover from immune system suppression caused by intense training and can help mitigate excess inflammation from muscle damage (DOMS).

Mark claims there are definite powerful synergies, when varying enzymes are combined. So he formulated a product called “sorenzyme” and I have been using it with much appraise. I have increased my workload to 2 times weekly now as you know. I was just wondering your thoughts here as well. As a natty’ and the extreme workload, I find this intriguing and maybe help aid in my supplement protocol if it works.

Info can be found here: http://www.labrada.com/index.php?section=131

Looking forward to your expertise response bro!
            Natural Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• I know Mark, met him at experimental biology 2 weeks ago. I'm assuming it's exerting it's effects on the immune system via the small intestine and so then i could see how it would work, though admitadly i don't know much about that stuff
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• How are going your next exams buddy?

Comment

• good... aced my final in the PhD nutrition class last week
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Hi everyone! Lots of stuff happening right now for me including my new website coming online! Please check it out http://www.biolayne.com/index.html

-Layne
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• BTW- Nice site. Just seen it.
                      Yea, I'll look out for you in Chicago as my better half will be competing.
                      Natural Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• layne quick diet question ,

as far as offsean goes , is it basically like your pre-contest article on bodybuilding.com , find you protein need , find your fat need , then subtract it from your calorie totals and the left over calories would carbs , for example :

im 220 pound male body builder about 8% bf age 21

take in 220 grams of protein
                        15 -20 % fat which would be 78 grams of fat
                        that would make it about 440 grams carbs

does this sound like im on the right track for nutrition ratios

Comment

• that is exactly what i recommend
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• awsome , and then with the compedition stage you adjust the protein to 1.2 gramsper pound , and adjust the fat to no more then 30% and left over once again goes to carbs , also one other thing , do ou still do your pre contest dieting as stated in your article at bb.com

Comment

• just checked out your new site layne, nice!
                              www.physique-essentials.com

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
                                awsome , and then with the compedition stage you adjust the protein to 1.2 gramsper pound , and adjust the fat to no more then 30% and left over once again goes to carbs , also one other thing , do ou still do your pre contest dieting as stated in your article at bb.com
                                slightly different but the principles are very similar still
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X