Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want to incorporate the HIIT into my Upper/Lower routine: which day do you think it would be beneficial and not hinder recovery? My current routine is:

    Day 1: Upper A (4 x 6-8)
    A1: DB Chest Press
    A2: Hammer Pull Down
    B1: Incline Bench Press
    B2: Seated Cable Row
    C1: Pressdown
    C2: Cable Cur
    D1: Standing Military Press
    D2: Swiss Ball Crunch

    Day 2: Lower A (3 x 10-12)
    A1: Back Squats
    B1: SLDL
    B2: DB Lunges
    C1: Leg Press
    D1: Calf Raises
    D2: Leg Raises

    Day 3: OFf

    Day 4: Upper B (3 x 10-12)
    A1: DB Decline Press
    A2: Chin Ups
    B1: Wide Grip Dips
    B2: BB Row
    C1: Close Grip Bench
    C2: Hammer Curls
    D1: Lateral Raise
    D2: Cable Crunch

    Day 5: Lower B (4 x 6-8)
    A1: Front Squats
    B1: Deadlifts
    C1: Step Ups
    C2: Glute Ham Raise/Leg Curl
    D1: Oblique Ab exercise

    Day 6 & 7: Off

    I might place Lower B on day 6 depending on recovery rate.

    I have also seen you do the "Power Clean" cardio of 10 x 3 with little rest.....do you suggest that?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by claudio_rdgz View Post
      I got a question for you Layne...

      Which is better to have before going to bed, is it casein or egg protein, I don't see people recommend too much egg protein and it kind of confuses me since egg protein last a lot in the intestines just as casein protein (I believe it's 7 hours).

      Is it for the water content and its relation to how much your testosterone can go down when having too much water before bed? or is it something else? Is there a problem if I eat my regular 12 egg whites before bed (besides bad taste)?
      egg vs. casein is splitting hairs IMO
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AllGenetix View Post
        I want to incorporate the HIIT into my Upper/Lower routine: which day do you think it would be beneficial and not hinder recovery? My current routine is:

        Day 1: Upper A (4 x 6-8)
        A1: DB Chest Press
        A2: Hammer Pull Down
        B1: Incline Bench Press
        B2: Seated Cable Row
        C1: Pressdown
        C2: Cable Cur
        D1: Standing Military Press
        D2: Swiss Ball Crunch

        Day 2: Lower A (3 x 10-12)
        A1: Back Squats
        B1: SLDL
        B2: DB Lunges
        C1: Leg Press
        D1: Calf Raises
        D2: Leg Raises

        Day 3: OFf

        Day 4: Upper B (3 x 10-12)
        A1: DB Decline Press
        A2: Chin Ups
        B1: Wide Grip Dips
        B2: BB Row
        C1: Close Grip Bench
        C2: Hammer Curls
        D1: Lateral Raise
        D2: Cable Crunch

        Day 5: Lower B (4 x 6-8)
        A1: Front Squats
        B1: Deadlifts
        C1: Step Ups
        C2: Glute Ham Raise/Leg Curl
        D1: Oblique Ab exercise

        Day 6 & 7: Off

        I might place Lower B on day 6 depending on recovery rate.

        I have also seen you do the "Power Clean" cardio of 10 x 3 with little rest.....do you suggest that?
        i did a split like that and i put HIIT on my offdays and it never hurt me. If i was sore i just stretched and warmed up really well
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

        Comment


        • i really appreciate the quick responses and answers to questons....uno mas...

          ...what would you advise eating after HIIT? Same as weights or different?

          Comment


          • Thanks man

            Comment


            • same as weights IMO
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

              Comment


              • hopefully its alright that i keep picking your brain about all of this stuff but i am very interested as I will begin studying human biology/physiology @ UCSD next semester.

                What is your view on taking a week off? How long of training and at what intensity would require this? Would it be more of a mental break or would it also have physcial benefit as well?

                BTW, i did your HIIT protocol @ the gym this morning on the treadmill....5.0 jog, 12.5 sprint....wow, drenched in sweat and legs shaky as i left....i like the template

                Comment


                • damn u did that shit on a treadmill how was that?? i ahve to do that on a track or on the street, i feel like a retard slamming around on the treadmill.
                  5% off at Trueprotein.com: RNM120

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by AllGenetix View Post
                    hopefully its alright that i keep picking your brain about all of this stuff but i am very interested as I will begin studying human biology/physiology @ UCSD next semester.

                    What is your view on taking a week off? How long of training and at what intensity would require this? Would it be more of a mental break or would it also have physcial benefit as well?

                    BTW, i did your HIIT protocol @ the gym this morning on the treadmill....5.0 jog, 12.5 sprint....wow, drenched in sweat and legs shaky as i left....i like the template
                    honestly i think having a week or 2 where you go to the gym but just got at 60% of normal weight is much more beneficial than totally taking a week off
                    BioLayne LLC
                    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Maestro View Post
                      damn u did that shit on a treadmill how was that?? i ahve to do that on a track or on the street, i feel like a retard slamming around on the treadmill.
                      the treadmill wasnt that bad, i am pretty light on my feet and it wasnt too loud but running @ 12.5 and trying to press 5.0 on the keypad to slow it down is hard. its also hard with timing the increase/decreasing speed of the treadmill because it takes a while (5-10) seconds to reach its speed. i just basically started the sprint time when it hit 12.0 and started the jog time when it went below 7..... all the soccer moms around me were staring but i didnt mind, i live in southern california and they all were quite attractive

                      Comment


                      • hey layne im about 15-16 weeks out now ill have to check the caleder but ive been doing 15-21 mins intervals 1min very hard 2mins easy repeating is this the kind you cardio you were talking about in your article also i read you had a celbratory meal after a show when you had a show the next week i now have a show 2 weeks after can i sneak in a celbratory meal after the show and if so something small or nothing to crazy thanks man
                        -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
                        -HARDCORE/PROFROMANCE WEAR
                        -COMING EARLY SEPT

                        Comment


                        • yea with 2 weeks in between shows you'd be fine

                          for intervals, I'd really shorten them up. you can't really go all out for 1 minute, that's about 400 meters and you would have to pace yourself. Intervals work much better if you shorten them up to 10-20 seconds and just go all out in an absolute sprint. by the time you are done with 10-15 of them you should be almost completely exhausted & ready to collapse
                          BioLayne LLC
                          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            you can do that protocol with anything that you can get your heart rate up high with

                            would sex count

                            Comment


                            • Layne,

                              Should a natural bodybuilder train and eat differently than someone using steroids? If so what are some of the differences that should be considered/incorporated?

                              Thanks for the time,
                              Dustin

                              Comment


                              • Hi Layne,
                                Ive been lurking around for awhile and I gotta say you are amazing in this thread. Thanks for all the good answers. I have a question though. I have my first natural comp coming up on 9/22. I was wondering if you could look at this link and tell me when you think I should start my diet. http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ead.php?t=7900. I would like to start it as soon as possible, do you think that 20 weeks out would be too soon to start Dave's diet. Thanks.
                                NGA Pro Bodybuilder

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X