Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "even though blood amino acid levels were elevated 3 hours after a meal, protein synthesis had stopped. [Layne] hypothesizes that perhaps a spike in blood Leucine levels (via pure Leucine or BCAAs) could be used to kick start protein synthesis again."

...so basically, put 10 scoops Xtend in your water jug and sip throughout the day....that will do the trick

Comment

• i wouldn't sip it... i would bolus it. so 2-3 hours after a meal and a few hours before your next meal, have 5-10g bcaa
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• btw. just found out i'm on the front page of the T-Nation website
        http://www.t-nation.com/index.do

there is a synopsis of the research I presented at experimental biology in an article by Mike Roussell, another grad student at Penn State: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1581181 (scroll down)
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• I'm giving that work out a try and i go straight from that to cardio with only a bathroom break in between so i guess ill be a human guinea pig and let you know how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            in my opinion yes, but i know you are on dave's diet so i'm not sure how that fits in
            If he's on Dave's diet, no extraneous carbs, even post workout.
            I min/max my physique

Comment

• Layne, have you seen the new ads for myAlli weight lose? If so, any opinion?

it is ....basically Olean Chips (remember those) which was pullled for causing pernicious lesions on the colon. Well, GlaxcoSmithKlein is putting it out again and tclaim it is the only FDA Approved weight lose aid OTC. Plus the word out on the street is it receiving presales in the millons.

www.myalli.com : It's 60 mgs of Orlistat.
              WOW
              Natural Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• lol, wow that's shadier than most supp companies
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

honestly the only bodybuilding book i ever bought was arnolds encyclopedia when i was a kid
                  was not confident in another book , been learning alot from just reading articles online , on the fourms and in my MD mag

books i read

aronlds encyclepedia
                  john hanson's book
                  ian kins get buff books
                  cut diet books 1&2
                  few ones by thomas incledon
                  bodybuilding 101 and 201
                  muscle encyclpedia by Jim Stoppani
                  buntch of diet books as well
                  ect..

basically all say the same stuff just with little twist and different wording... no wonder u only bought 1 book

Comment

• i've always thought about writing a book someday. what do you guys think?
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

i've always thought about writing a book someday. what do you guys think?
                      If anyone is knowledgeable enough to write a good one... It's you Layne.

Comment

Excellent idea Layne.
                        My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

• First serious post here...

Hi Layne, great thread--I read through it sporadically, and you're doing a great job doling out free advice here. I enjoy your articles at BB.com and your new show is also a blast, as I think I mentioned in another thread.

I have a very banal question for you, but I thought I'd post it here anyway because supplements are expensive and there is so much contradictory information out there.

What do you think of this supplementation regimen? I'm 6' and 207lbs, currently maintaining/slowly cutting (I find I keep the fat off it I loose it very, very gradually--not looking for contest-prep style fast losses).

Morning / Pre-workout
                          [vitamins & minerals = a multi + extra C, E, zinc, and B complex.]
                          3g Fish oil
                          Green tea extract
                          3g L-arginine
                          5g BCAAs
                          2g creatine mono

Post-workout
                          3g L-arginine
                          33g whey protein
                          5g BCAAs
                          5g creatine mono
                          some sort of simple carbs, about 25g

Before bed

3g L-arginine
                          33g whey protein
                          2.5g BCAAs

I drop the post-workout stack on non-training days, taking only the L-arginine a that time.
                          Psychobilly legend.

Comment

• looks sensible to me, however i'd move the green tea extract to post workout in order to take advantage of it's anti-oxidant properties and I would also drop the preworkout creatine, the 5g post workout will be plenty. Thanks for the props btw
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

i say it would be a great accomplishment for your self and the natural bodybuilding world , plus it will help you with all your emails and pm's you must get everyday , but def finish your phd up , then you can write By Layne Norton PHD , man that must be a great feeling

Comment

looks sensible to me, however i'd move the green tea extract to post workout in order to take advantage of it's anti-oxidant properties and I would also drop the preworkout creatine, the 5g post workout will be plenty. Thanks for the props btw
                                Thanks a lot, Layne!
                                Psychobilly legend.

Comment

Working...
                                X