Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh definately PhD first
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• awesome idea Layne.. i would read the book for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        lol, wow that's shadier than most supp companies
        In my local newspaper yesterday they had an article in the business section regarding GlaxoSmithKlines new weight loss pill. First OTC diet pill approved by the FDA.
        Check it out.
        http://www.sacbee.com/840/story/189403.html
        Troubled waters ahead?
        Assistant to the regional manager.
        Iron8 approved

Comment

• Okay don't laugh I keep apologizing because I just recently joined and am going way back to OLD conversations... but some of them just move me that I HAVE to comment on them! Congrats on all your success...your are an amazing contribution and inspiration to this Sport....and drugs or no drugs your perspective and attitude is SPOT on....

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
          Well just because you don't know much about pro natural bodybuilding doesn't mean it's not the 'big leagues' as it is for natural bodybuilders. As to whether I could cut it or not with the top competitors if I took steroids... that is pure speculation and there is no way to know... so why bother speculating about it? why did I decide? Well I never really had to decide as to be honest I've never seriously considered using. to be honest it's just not for me. It's expensive, illegal, and when abused can be dangerous and like any drug it can be addicitive; not physically but certainly psycologically as I have seen this first hand. To me bodybuilding is a hobby, I love it and it's a big part of my life; but it's not my entire life. My goal was to be able to compete against the best in the world... now I can compete against the best natural bodybuilders in the world. What's wrong with that? I have absolutely NO ill will at those who choose to take steroids. None whatsoever. That is a personal choice, it is just not my choice. I have quite a few friends that use steroids; we get along fine. It's not 'the juicehead' vs. 'the snotty natural guy' like I said, bodybuilding is part of my life; not my entire life... why would I let it get in the way of having friendships with good people?

As far as people rolling in big time supplement contracts... six figure? lol. There might be a very very very small handful rolling in six figures. I know that most guys; even with companies say like MRM; a decent size company; are lucky to get maybe 20 grand a year. I'm not going to speculate but my guess is that may not be enough to cover their bill for the year for food, drugs, travel, etc. You may or may not know this but I am sponsored by scivation and I'm not going to discuss specifics but they take care of me. I've been in several of their ads, am a co-author on their new book, work at all the big trade shows; hell I get all my expenses covered (travel, hotel, food, transportation) to go to vegas and columbus, not too shabby of a deal. I may not be getting 20 grand per year; but I'm also not spending a chunk of that on anabolics. I also have all my travel, entry fees, and supplements covered for any contests I do as well as guest posing.

Again, I hold no ill will towards those who have chosen a different path; that's their choice. I'm not going to judge them for it. Hell I've watched the olympia the last few years as a fan, just as I watch every natural bodybuilding show as a fan. I enjoy going to local shows as much as big shows; I LOVE BODYBUILDING; just because i've chosen to compete in natural bodybuilding over IFBB bodybuilding does NOT mean I am not a fan of both. In the end bodybuilding is a personal endevor and you should be true to yourself and your motives. I have never had any desire to do steroids; I would never START doing them because I was jealous or felt jaded.

-Layne
          Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right.

Comment

• thanks so much for the compliment. I really appreciate it. welcome to the thread. do you compete?
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

thanks so much for the compliment. I really appreciate it. welcome to the thread. do you compete?
              This thread is awesome! So much information!! I do compete In figure ...

Started with the INBF, got my pro card with them (WNBF)
              Then I competed with WNSO (Fame) and got my pro card with them,
              But this was all after the course of only three shows so I didn't quite feel ready for the national stage yet... took some time off to deliver my boys (I had twins 10 months ago)... and now I'm back on stage!! My first competition back was THE BLNPA Natural Northeat Competition in Seekonk, MA and I won the Figure Overall! Also tried the NPC for the first time 2 weeks ago... the New England's I ended up in 8th out of like 17 (which was disappointing)... then a week later I competed in the NPC maggie fit in Derry,NH and placed third in my class... now I'm taking some time to add some much needed lean mass and maybe go again in the fall...

All of the info here is great!!! I'm slowly reading through the thread and some of your articles on bodybuilding.com, amazing!

Comment

• Layne,
                Do you know anything about Earl Snyder? He is a natural bodybuilder that lives in my area and I was thinking about using him for my contest prep. Any thoughts on him if you do know anything?
                NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Earl is a good dude. Guest posed at my last show where I won my NGA pro card. Not sure about his skills at contest prep, he is obviously very good at his own prep and is a great posing instructor.
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by fitmomma3 View Post
                    This thread is awesome! So much information!! I do compete In figure ...

Started with the INBF, got my pro card with them (WNBF)
                    Then I competed with WNSO (Fame) and got my pro card with them,
                    But this was all after the course of only three shows so I didn't quite feel ready for the national stage yet... took some time off to deliver my boys (I had twins 10 months ago)... and now I'm back on stage!! My first competition back was THE BLNPA Natural Northeat Competition in Seekonk, MA and I won the Figure Overall! Also tried the NPC for the first time 2 weeks ago... the New England's I ended up in 8th out of like 17 (which was disappointing)... then a week later I competed in the NPC maggie fit in Derry,NH and placed third in my class... now I'm taking some time to add some much needed lean mass and maybe go again in the fall...

All of the info here is great!!! I'm slowly reading through the thread and some of your articles on bodybuilding.com, amazing!
                    thanks so much for the kind words. Have you looked into the IFPA/OCB? Good exposure (they have a magazine carried by barnes & nobles and other big time retailers) and they are not restrictive like the WNBF.

-Layne
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Layne, I just watched a program the other night that was about a study being done at Illinois St. about how this group of professors were tracking changes in mitochondrial DNA to see the changes in populations over time and such. I know I'm a nerd
                      The interesting thing was during one of the interviews with one of the professors that was being done outside, I swear I saw you walk past behind him. I mean who else would be huge wearing a visor and glasses? lol
                      Assistant to the regional manager.
                      Iron8 approved

Comment

• probably
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Layne ,
                          I am 13 weeks out , what supps do you reccomend?
                          IRONMAN ATHLETICS
                          HARDCORE PERFORMANCE WEAR

Comment

oh definately PhD first
                            Yes buddy, PhD first!
                            Then I only can support the idea to write a book, you are full of knowledge and you could do a great one

Comment

• Great thread Layne........very informative as usual buddy!
                              Strictly Business

Comment

• No I've never competed with them, I've actually only heard a little about them, but I just went on their site and actually there payouts for Pro figure is higher than WNBF! And it does seem like they have quite a few media avenues as well. Thanks for the tip I'll def look into it ...

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                thanks so much for the kind words. Have you looked into the IFPA/OCB? Good exposure (they have a magazine carried by barnes & nobles and other big time retailers) and they are not restrictive like the WNBF.

-Layne

Comment

Working...
                                X