Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• also, your pro card in the wnbf would be good with them. if you want their contact info just let me know. the president is a really good guy
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Timski View Post
      Great thread Layne........very informative as usual buddy!
      thanks my man... nice to see you in here... nice to see you at mod status too
      BioLayne LLC
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Finally got my own internet connection up and running so got a chance to check out the first of your video series on BB.com Layne (I previously posted from work which was very limited by a proxy server). Cool show man, I look forward to the next one. Really interesting stuff, especially bulking for 4 weeks then dieting for 2. Most people bulk for way longer but I guess you can't get as fat if you do shorter cycles.

Comment

• Originally posted by west View Post
          Finally got my own internet connection up and running so got a chance to check out the first of your video series on BB.com Layne (I previously posted from work which was very limited by a proxy server). Cool show man, I look forward to the next one. Really interesting stuff, especially bulking for 4 weeks then dieting for 2. Most people bulk for way longer but I guess you can't get as fat if you do shorter cycles.
          I second that sentiment--I've typically bulked for a LOT longer (too long!).
          Psychobilly legend.

Comment

• Yo Layne whats up,

I am currently on Dave's diet at the moment and making great progress so I wouldn't want to change my training style. But come the winter months, I am thinking about giving high volume a shot since it worked for you, and I HAVE NEVER done high volume/frequency before, but I have a question.

I read that you said after a few weeks you get used to the soreness/lethargy and actually feel alot better. Well would that "get used to it" mean your body is adapting to it, and the initial shock of a new training style has now lost its benefits? Also, your split is 3 on, 1 off split, and then hit the whole body again those next 3 days, right?

Thx in advance, I love the thread.

Comment

• Sup Layne!!! New to this forum thing!! How does this thing work?
              kiyoshimoody.com
              *TEAM GENR8* genr8speed.com

Comment

• Originally posted by plato23 View Post
                Yo Layne whats up,

I am currently on Dave's diet at the moment and making great progress so I wouldn't want to change my training style. But come the winter months, I am thinking about giving high volume a shot since it worked for you, and I HAVE NEVER done high volume/frequency before, but I have a question.

I read that you said after a few weeks you get used to the soreness/lethargy and actually feel alot better. Well would that "get used to it" mean your body is adapting to it, and the initial shock of a new training style has now lost its benefits? Also, your split is 3 on, 1 off split, and then hit the whole body again those next 3 days, right?

Thx in advance, I love the thread.
                no, adaptation is a good thing during the first few weeks, it is a different sort of adaptation than your muscle no longer responding to a particular routine. I know that sounds strange, but honestly once you get through the first 3 weeks you will start noticing big time increases in fullness & strength
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by The Natural One View Post
                  Sup Layne!!! New to this forum thing!! How does this thing work?
                  read & if you like... post
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Layne,
                    Thanks again for your answers. How much of a role does conditioning play in natural shows? I have heard that is is much more important than size. I am wondering this because I'm worried about losing too much muscle since I started Dave's diet 20 weeks out.
                    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Alright cool Layne. Is Push/Pull/Legs, 1 day off, then repeat a good split for high volume?

Also, I heard you mention that 7-keto dhea is banned by natural federations? Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by plato23 View Post
                        Alright cool Layne. Is Push/Pull/Legs, 1 day off, then repeat a good split for high volume?

Also, I heard you mention that 7-keto dhea is banned by natural federations? Why?
                        yea that's a good split.

7-keto was banned by the INBF because they are really restrictive, however the ban was just recently lifted. Now it is not banned anywhere.

Conditioning is more important for the most part in natural shows.

-Layne
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• hey layne,

just watched your show on bb.com......very cool brother...im proud of ya man!!!!

adam
                          2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

• thanks bro
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Lights Out View Post
                              Hi Layne, great thread--I read through it sporadically, and you're doing a great job doling out free advice here. I enjoy your articles at BB.com and your new show is also a blast, as I think I mentioned in another thread.

I have a very banal question for you, but I thought I'd post it here anyway because supplements are expensive and there is so much contradictory information out there.

What do you think of this supplementation regimen? I'm 6' and 207lbs, currently maintaining/slowly cutting (I find I keep the fat off it I loose it very, very gradually--not looking for contest-prep style fast losses).

Morning / Pre-workout
                              [vitamins & minerals = a multi + extra C, E, zinc, and B complex.]
                              3g Fish oil
                              Green tea extract
                              3g L-arginine
                              5g BCAAs
                              2g creatine mono

Post-workout
                              3g L-arginine
                              33g whey protein
                              5g BCAAs
                              5g creatine mono
                              some sort of simple carbs, about 25g

Before bed

3g L-arginine
                              33g whey protein
                              2.5g BCAAs

I drop the post-workout stack on non-training days, taking only the L-arginine a that time.
                              I like L-arginine alot I take it in the morning and pre workout. I was taking it before I went to bed but it makes me over heat a little in my sleep and wake up alot .I thought I would give you a heads up just in case you might be having the same problem and not know what was causing it.

Comment

• Lanye from a guy who has worked his tail off to bring his quads up. What do you recommend to build the vastus medialis? I'm getting very good results to my outer sweep and thickness, but that tear drop is eluding me. Plus your tear drop is so sharp it almost looks doctored lol
                                Assistant to the regional manager.
                                Iron8 approved

Comment

Working...
                                X