Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just recommend a full range of motion on all movements especially squats
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Hey layne my contest prep is going good(20 weeks to go). But I would like to get my bf % checked so I know if I'm on the right track what is DXA and average cost. Also what kind of place does it. For example if I was looking in the yellow pages what would I look under.

Comment

• Layne a question I'm sure you've been asked before. I'm lifting 2 to 3 muscle groups a day and I was reading The German Giants answer to a question about taking a shake in between muscle groups. The question is would taking a shake will lifting do any REAL good or would it just not be worth the benefit for the money? What about BCAA during?

Comment

• Originally posted by CHM HARDCORE View Post
          Hey layne my contest prep is going good(20 weeks to go). But I would like to get my bf % checked so I know if I'm on the right track what is DXA and average cost. Also what kind of place does it. For example if I was looking in the yellow pages what would I look under.
          it's not affordable. It's usually done by doctors or at clinics for bone density and i believe it's around $700/scan
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• i think if you consume adequate amounts pre workout & post workout in workout is probably overkill, then again i don't think it would hurt anything. I used to do an in workout shake and made good progress with it
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Layne I guess I could always try it out for a few weeks and see how it works for me, ya never know for sure unless ya try. I think I'll try a shake for like 2 weeks and I'll try some BCAA for like 2 weeks and see how it works out for me.

Comment

• S'up Layne,

Just a quick question for you, do you adhere pretty close to the "Cut diet"? I just printed off a copy and have been reading it while on the treadmill. Basically, I'm working my way down to 12% BF (as suggested, currently 15.7%) and then I was thinking about actually starting the real 'contest' diet.
                Currently: PowerBuilding

Comment

• actually I don't. The cut diet is the brain child of chuck rudolph I only wrote the BCAA section. My philosophy is here http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

-Layne
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Layne whats the best method of mainting your crisp dry look from pre-judging all the way to the evening show?

I have this problem of spilling later in the evening. perhaps i do not know what to eat or drink between prejudg and evening.

Can you hook a natty up??

Comment

• well what are you currently doing?
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                        probably
                        HA!
                        Assistant to the regional manager.
                        Iron8 approved

Comment

• episode 2 of my video series out now!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife2.htm
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Steak and rice after prejudging and no water throughout the day. Speaking of water, how much do u think a natural competitor should drink the day before the show?

Comment

• drink water. That is your problem. If you don't have water it does not matter how much carbs you consume... you won't fill out.

how do you typically look the day after the show?
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                episode 2 of my video series out now!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife2.htm
                                Just watched it. That was really quite good. I like how it shows the 2 different people in you and Nick, but still the same overall goal of victory.
                                Great job!
                                Assistant to the regional manager.
                                Iron8 approved

Comment

Working...
                                X