Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had the appointment with Earl Snyder yesterday. Like you guys said he's a great guy with a wealth of knowledge. He gave me a new contest prep diet, so I'm off Dave's high protein and fat. Showed me some great posing tips too.Also, I was happy when he said that I "had alot of potential" and he said I shouldn't have a problem winning the novice and junior classes of the show he is sponsoring on 9/22. It meant alot to hear that from someone with as much success as he has had.
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• thanks bro, I appreciate it
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by crou View Post
        I had the appointment with Earl Snyder yesterday. Like you guys said he's a great guy with a wealth of knowledge. He gave me a new contest prep diet, so I'm off Dave's high protein and fat. Showed me some great posing tips too.Also, I was happy when he said that I "had alot of potential" and he said I shouldn't have a problem winning the novice and junior classes of the show he is sponsoring on 9/22. It meant alot to hear that from someone with as much success as he has had.
        awsome bro! keep us updated on your progress
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• HEY LAYNE I JUST WATCHED YOUR DEADLIFT VIDEO ON BB.COM I SEE YOU DO THEM IN THE TRAP BAR AND YOU DO A FULL DEAD LIFT. WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DOING DEADLIFTS IN THE TRAP BAR(MORE BACK)? AS A NATURAL DO YOU HAVE TO WORRY LESS ABOUT THE FULL DEADLIFT MAKING YOUR WAIST WIDER? DO YOU DO YOUR DEADLIFTS ON BACK DAY OR LEG DAY? I WAS JUST ABOUT TO ADD A PARTIAL DEADLIFTS TO MY BACK ROUTINE WOULD IT BE BETTER TO DO FULL DEADLIFTS? I'LL BE GLAD TO READ ALL THE INFORMATION YOU COULD GIVE ME ON THE DEAD LIFT.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            awsome bro! keep us updated on your progress
            Will do Layne. I'll post pics at 12 weeks out. Thanks.
            NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by CHM HARDCORE View Post
              HEY LAYNE I JUST WATCHED YOUR DEADLIFT VIDEO ON BB.COM I SEE YOU DO THEM IN THE TRAP BAR AND YOU DO A FULL DEAD LIFT. WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DOING DEADLIFTS IN THE TRAP BAR(MORE BACK)? AS A NATURAL DO YOU HAVE TO WORRY LESS ABOUT THE FULL DEADLIFT MAKING YOUR WAIST WIDER? DO YOU DO YOUR DEADLIFTS ON BACK DAY OR LEG DAY? I WAS JUST ABOUT TO ADD A PARTIAL DEADLIFTS TO MY BACK ROUTINE WOULD IT BE BETTER TO DO FULL DEADLIFTS? I'LL BE GLAD TO READ ALL THE INFORMATION YOU COULD GIVE ME ON THE DEAD LIFT.
              the trap bar allows me to pull in a straighter line instead of a diagonal line like you do with a straight bar. This allows more quad recruitment which I need since my lower back is already really good, but my quads need work. Thus I do them on leg day
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

the trap bar allows me to pull in a straighter line instead of a diagonal line like you do with a straight bar. This allows more quad recruitment which I need since my lower back is already really good, but my quads need work. Thus I do them on leg day
                Thanks Layne I will do a regular dead lift because I'm doing them to get a better back, but I'm going to try the trap bar also. It seems safer for the back and easier on the shins.

Comment

• In reguards to your precontest diet article, are fruits such as oranges , bannanas ,and apples ok? Also , what about fat free cheese (per serving 9g protein and 2 grm carbs)?
                  Thanks
                  IRONMAN ATHLETICS
                  HARDCORE PERFORMANCE WEAR

Comment

• yup all those are fine
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Layne,

I know this is not the forum for this but I greatly respect your opinion, what are your thoughts on moderat DNP use? And why? If you choose not to reply, I undestand. Thank you in advance!
                      "Strongman is an external view of how pissed off I really am at the world."

Comment

• DNP has the skull & crossbones label on the side of it in our stock room.... uncouplers are just very unpredictable. I would be extremely careful
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

DNP has the skull & crossbones label on the side of it in our stock room.... uncouplers are just very unpredictable. I would be extremely careful

interesting...(and very fuckin scary!)

what do you guys use it for Layne?
                          Myth's training blog:

Comment

• well i don't use it, it is illegal. uncouplers essentially make ATP (energy) production very inefficient and the excess energy is given off as heat... some people get their temperatures up to 103 or 104 and an unfortuante few have cooked themselves to death from the inside
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

well i don't use it, it is illegal. uncouplers essentially make ATP (energy) production very inefficient and the excess energy is given off as heat... some people get their temperatures up to 103 or 104 and an unfortuante few have cooked themselves to death from the inside
                              Uncouplers eliminate the proton gradient that mitochondria form to make ATP. This 'proton motive force' is essential for making ATP after glycolysis in a process called oxidative phosphorylation.

DNP passes through the plasma membranes of cells and mitochondria and essentially carries protons out of their sequestered space in mitochondria and into every other space. This bypasses the step where the gradient is used to make ATP.

Very nasty. Heats you up. Poisonous.

Comment

• yep exactly, I left out the details because it's pretty involved for people who aren't science nerds, but you nailed it
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X