Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probably my guy Ben who I helped prep. He never got lower than 170, only did cardio 2x week for 17 minutes (high intensity intervals), and by the week before the contest he was up to 235g Carbs. He was so lean at 6 weeks out I started increasing his carbs and he started filling out and still kept getting leaner at the same time.

Thing is, he isn't an ectomorph or anything, 4 years ago he was 260 lbs and had over a 40" waist.
    Attached Files
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Question:

Layne what are your top 3 supplement choices for inter-set and inter-session recovery?
      I'm thinking bcaa's, creatine, and beta-alanine maybe?

Comment

• yea those are real good, citrulline malate is another one
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Hey Layne stopping by to ask some more questions. Your defiantly a GREAT resource when it comes to learning stuff. I just read your post on Rons thread and I wish there was a way to get that attitude out of ppls heads.
          But I was wondering if your going to be competting in the near future of If school has you locked up? How is your PHD coming? I had this guy tell me yesterday in the gym that my form was wrong when I squated cause my knees were going over my toes, he said that doing that using heavy weights I could blow my knees out. does this have any validity? when you squat do you just go parallel or you got ass to heels?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravia View Post
            Hey Layne stopping by to ask some more questions. Your defiantly a GREAT resource when it comes to learning stuff. I just read your post on Rons thread and I wish there was a way to get that attitude out of ppls heads.
            But I was wondering if your going to be competting in the near future of If school has you locked up? How is your PHD coming? I had this guy tell me yesterday in the gym that my form was wrong when I squated cause my knees were going over my toes, he said that doing that using heavy weights I could blow my knees out. does this have any validity? when you squat do you just go parallel or you got ass to heels?
            Personally I have this notion that if I'm not going rock bottom then I'm cheating. Not necessarily true but there you go (I know I'm not Layne by the way but I though I'd throw in my comments from the cheap seats! ).

Comment

• I am getting married next year along with my PhD research that is going to keep me out until at least late 08 or 09. As far as knees not going over toes, unless you have short legs your knees will probably have to go over your toes somewhat to keep your balance or you'll fall backwards
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                yea those are real good, citrulline malate is another one
                thanks layne,
                just wanted your opinion before i wrote this
                http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1#post49003151

Comment

• Thats awesome Layne Congratulations in advanced. You got your life set up really well for you and I applaud that. You are very smart and you are a go Getter thats a good thing in life. Wish you the best of luck in your hunt for your PHD I know you'll do good work for us. I was thinking the same thing about the knees going over. I know I tried to put my ass farther back but I lean forward more and lose my balance so I go with what feels Natural to me(might be a bad thing though)

West- I know your not Layne. God know we couldn't handle TWO Laynes Ranting about stupid BB practices(LOL no harm intended Layne)I TRY to go as far down as my fat ass will let me while holding form.

BTW Layne the guy that said this to me was about AVERAGE size and you couldn't see ANY signs that he was a Body Builder.

Comment

• Layne good to see you on here big man. I just joined the board. Surprised I have never been on here before. Tons of great information!!!
                    BIG ACH - Competitive Natural Bodybuilder
                    WWW.BIGACH.COM

Comment

• thanks ACH
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Layne,
                        I was wondering if you have a gold card from GNC and do you shop there?
                        Natural Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• troy i am very fortunate in that I have had multiple sponsors for the last 3 years the main ones being scivation & bodybuilding.com. I honestly can't remember the last time i paid for supplements. I am quite lucky in that regard
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            troy i am very fortunate in that I have had multiple sponsors for the last 3 years the main ones being scivation & bodybuilding.com. I honestly can't remember the last time i paid for supplements. I am quite lucky in that regard
                            True playa!

You and bodyfx need to let me know what the secret is!...
                            Layne, "if" anyone deserves it, you do bro!
                            Natural Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• I don't usually post here (these damn forums can be addicting and time consuming) but I just read all 50 pages of this thread.

Great information as usual Layne. Your doing the natural bodybuilding community proud.
                              VP of Marketing for Nutrabio
                              instagram @naturalguy2.0

Comment

• Thanks Eric; I appreciate it.
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X