Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne,
    What are the most important things to look for in a daily multivitamin? What are some good ones in your opinion?

Comment

• Btw, I started Dialene the other day and that stuff makes me sweat and I don't sweat a lot naturally.
      VP of Marketing for Nutrabio
      instagram @naturalguy2.0

Comment

• layne how many servings of fruits and veggies should a natural bodybuilding have at least a day?

how much do you get of them a day?

Comment

• forgot to mention im using a muti-vit - now adam and antioxidant supplement - now super antioxidants

Comment

• Layne, was wondering your thoughts on an old school diet method from the old Sliced book? The 3 days down three days up carb cycling at the end of the book? Are you familiar with that and what is your opinion on it? Thanks
            Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right.

Comment

• sliced is a good book for a beginner, very comprehensive. And for people with a fast metabolism, 3 on 3 off might be a good idea, however, I think for most people you are forcing their body to adapt to huge metabolic swings by going low carb for 3 days followed by 3 higher days, essentially challenging your body to dispose of those carbohydrates right after you have somewhat adapted your body to low carb (takes weeks for full adaptation but some will occur in 3 days) and so I'm more of a fan of doing 2-3 lower (read not super low) carb days followed by one semi-high day to refuel. I think in 3 days of higher carbs you can certainly add significant bodyfat, and so I think 3 high carb days is kind of risky
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                sliced is a good book for a beginner, very comprehensive. And for people with a fast metabolism, 3 on 3 off might be a good idea, however, I think for most people you are forcing their body to adapt to huge metabolic swings by going low carb for 3 days followed by 3 higher days, essentially challenging your body to dispose of those carbohydrates right after you have somewhat adapted your body to low carb (takes weeks for full adaptation but some will occur in 3 days) and so I'm more of a fan of doing 2-3 lower (read not super low) carb days followed by one semi-high day to refuel. I think in 3 days of higher carbs you can certainly add significant bodyfat, and so I think 3 high carb days is kind of risky
                Thanks that def makes sense... I did this for my very first show on my own and it was the FULLEST I've ever looked while still be lean (and I could do cardio on the low carb days, which I know it sounds crazy but I love cardio when prepping for a show)... I have a very fast metabolism and ever time I've tried too low on the carbs I just look skinny, flat and soft and feel like I lose a lot of muscle (and thats with not a stitch or cardio)... so I'm still playing with that balance... my last and most recent shows I did more of a steady moderate carbohydate amount and that seem to work well and i did cardio as well moderately, but I always wonder about trying the cycling again. Thanks for the input I think I'll stick with the steady moderate and next season it will be hopefully better because I won't be fighting to get off Baby weight and trying to recover from not working out and being pregnant.
                Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right.

Comment

• layne how many servings of fruits and veggies should a natural bodybuilding have at least a day?

any cheap supplements you recomend to fit more veggies in a diet

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
                    layne how many servings of fruits and veggies should a natural bodybuilding have at least a day?

any cheap supplements you recomend to fit more veggies in a diet
                    if you cant stomach lots of veggies and if you cant eat many fruits due to cutting then try JuicePlus or just a good multivitamin!
                    Myth's training blog:

Comment

• Originally posted by STFU & SMFC! View Post
                      if you cant stomach lots of veggies and if you cant eat many fruits due to cutting then try JuicePlus or just a good multivitamin!
                      i can stomach them , its hard fitting them in a busy schdule , juice plus is like 50 bucks a month , rather fint a way to eat them then spend that much

Comment

• just pack a small tupperware container of veggies
                        Myth's training blog:

Comment

• how many servings a day and whats a serving size for fruits and veggies , thats what im really looking for , any ideas

Comment

how many servings a day and whats a serving size for fruits and veggies , thats what im really looking for , any ideas
                            You probably spend more then $39 a month on fruit and veg. You can order JuicePlus+ for $39 and it has all the phytonutrients that you will need for the day. I enjoy eating, but you can only eat so much broccoli and aspargaus before you dread the next meal.

Comment

• Originally posted by STFU & SMFC! View Post
                              just pack a small tupperware container of veggies
                              bingo, cook em up ahead of time. Veggies & fruit as well as fiber is pretty much inversely correlated with every type of disease you can ever think of. I try to have at least 4 servings per day.

plus it keeps ya regular
                              BioLayne LLC
                              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

how many servings a day and whats a serving size for fruits and veggies , thats what im really looking for , any ideas
                                maybe 3 meals should have veggies? i would alternate veggie meals w/ non-veggie so as not to explode, lol.

as for fruit, i rarely eat it, unless its offseason, but if I were you i would only eat it preworkout. if you eat it PWO it will mostly replenish liver glycogen, but that is the time when you actually wanna replace muscle glycogen with non-fructose carbs!
                                Myth's training blog:

Comment

Working...
                                X