Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Layne,

I know leucine and BCAA suppliments are good but are EAA products any better than whey protein?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      bingo, cook em up ahead of time. Veggies & fruit as well as fiber is pretty much inversely correlated with every type of disease you can ever think of. I try to have at least 4 servings per day.

plus it keeps ya regular

whats your opinion on juice plus layne , would you ever dish out 40 bucks a month for the stuff? or would you rather pound your dam veggies?

also what are the best veggies to have on a regular basis????????

Comment

• hey layne,

gotta question,

I have 3 days a week and 45 minutes a day to train, i want to keep the muscle i have, and if im lucky build some more.

What would you do??

Thanx

Comment

bingo, cook em up ahead of time. Veggies & fruit as well as fiber is pretty much inversely correlated with every type of disease you can ever think of. I try to have at least 4 servings per day.

plus it keeps ya regular
          Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
          hey layne,

gotta question,

I have 3 days a week and 45 minutes a day to train, i want to keep the muscle i have, and if im lucky build some more.

What would you do??

Thanx
          thats actually perfect for a HIT type of routine like DC.

do MON WED FRI, weekends off.

look into it bro, I made the best gains of my life on DC!!
          Myth's training blog:

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
            whats your opinion on juice plus layne , would you ever dish out 40 bucks a month for the stuff? or would you rather pound your dam veggies?

also what are the best veggies to have on a regular basis????????
            I wouldn't spend the money
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

I wouldn't spend the money

your opinion is always highly looked at , looks like no juice plus for me , better start munchin on some greens

Comment

• as a general rule, most often whole foods are better than isolated compounds
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

as a general rule, most often whole foods are better than isolated compounds
                  good point taken

Comment

• question

layne on daves diet i tend to lose alot of water and my blood sodium levels tend to become imbalance.i upped my sodium and limit my water to 1 gallon a day.my question is if i lowered my sodium my aldosterone levels will increase thus helping my body to retain the sodium.do you have any tips on this and how a natural can stay fuller on a low carb diet.

Comment

• Originally posted by tornquad2 View Post
                      layne on daves diet i tend to lose alot of water and my blood sodium levels tend to become imbalance.i upped my sodium and limit my water to 1 gallon a day.my question is if i lowered my sodium my aldosterone levels will increase thus helping my body to retain the sodium.do you have any tips on this and how a natural can stay fuller on a low carb diet.
                      edit
                      Last edited by nutratroy; June 12, 2007, 01:47 AM.
                      Natural Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by tornquad2 View Post
                        why are you limiting your water?
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

yes, several ingredients are very hydroscopic. Take a knife to it and then keep it in the freezer if you can; it will stay broken up much better that way
                          you mean hygroscopic?

Word... my BCAAs tend to clump up into a huge solid protein-rock.

Comment

• Hey Layne, I'm new on this forum and I want to know what your thought is how many calories someone should consume when bulking. How many carbs. protein. fat per kg/ bodyweight?
                            What's your thought on eating every two hours or is eating every three hours better?
                            Do you take a source of fat every meal?

Greets

Comment

• Layne, is there a specific reason you prefer to use total bodyweight when calculating macros instead of lean body mass?

Comment

• Daily Caloric Intake

Originally posted by Anab View Post
                                Hey Layne, I'm new on this forum and I want to know what your thought is how many calories someone should consume when bulking. How many carbs. protein. fat per kg/ bodyweight?
                                What's your thought on eating every two hours or is eating every three hours better?
                                Do you take a source of fat every meal?

Greets
                                Hello,

Here is how to figure out your daily caloric intake requirement.

Step 1: Take your weight in pounds and multiply it 10.
                                For Example: You weigh 160 pounds X 10
                                =1600 calories
                                This is your "Resting Metabolic Rate"

Step 2: Multiply "Resting Metabolic Rate" (Step 1 Answer) by 60% to 80%
                                For Example: 1600 calories by 60% = 960 calories
                                1600 calories by 80% = 1280 calories
                                This is how you determine the number of calories for daily activity.
                                So now you need between 2560 to 2880 calories per day.

Step 3: Add Cardio Calories
                                Skip this step if you don't do cardio
                                Calorie/Hour/lb X Weight X Exercise Duration
                                For Example: Walking on the treadmill burns 2.4 calories per hour per pound of body weight.
                                2.4 X 160lbs X 1 hour
                                = 384 Calories
                                Add Cardio Calories to Step 2
                                2560 + 384 = 2944 Calories
                                2880 + 384 = 3264 Calories

Step 4: Add 10% During a "Bulking" Phase
                                = 2944 + 10% = 3238 Calories
                                = 3264 + 10% = 3590 Calories

That is how you figure out your Daily Caloric Intake. The mix of protein/carbs/fat should be:
                                Protein = 60%
                                Fat/Carbs = 40%

Hope This Helps,

Chris
                                http://www.myspace.com/chrisoldcorn

Comment

Working...
                                X