Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
    Layne, is there a specific reason you prefer to use total bodyweight when calculating macros instead of lean body mass?
    just easier and it works fine unless someone is super lean, or obese
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

    Comment


    • Hey Layne

      I read some of your stuff a while back where you said you got your best gains on stubborn muscles by training them twice a week. and that as a natural you felt thats what you needed to do to get the best out of them.

      ive got a few questions if you dont mind me asking -

      Did you use the same rep range and weight in both workouts? or did you do different things on different work outs?

      im out of the gym for a few weeks at the moment but when i come back i want to hit everything hard and hopefully do a good bulk and put on some size. i know different things work for different people but your advice would be greatly appreciated -

      if i train each bodypart twice a week, would it be better in your opinion to keep to the same style of training ie. 3 sets, 5-8 reps? or doing 3sets, 5-8 reps on one workout, then maybe a 5x5 on the second, or maybe lowering the weight and doing 3 sets 12-15reps?

      roughly what did you do that got you the best results?

      thanks

      Comment


      • Hi Layne
        I competed 3-4 weeks ago, but I still have cravings and after eating never feel full. Do You recommend any supplement to take (for this and for my testo back)? My kcals 2.800-3.200, weight 148 (from 134). Thanks

        Comment


        • Hey Layne, how you doing? I miss the leg workout from the O, hell I miss leg workouts period. I have a bit of pressure in my knee and I am seeing a doctor Monday, so we can do that again
          "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

          Comment


          • Thanks for answering my previous question Layne. Another question.... after calculating a rough number for my caloric needs, and trying to keep my protein around one gram per pound, I am having trouble as this leaves too many calories left for fat and carbs. Would it be best to just stick with 1.5 gram per pound? Any suggestions?
            Stats,endo, 6'3, 233, around 12% bodyfat( just starting to see my abs..yay)
            calculated total calories for maintenance at 2990

            Comment


            • Hey Layne, what do you think of Dave's statement that di and tri peptides are more easily assimilated than free-form?

              thanks dude
              Myth's training blog:

              Comment


              • Originally posted by STFU & SMFC! View Post
                Hey Layne, what do you think of Dave's statement that di and tri peptides are more easily assimilated than free-form?

                thanks dude
                they are assimilated faster; not sure about 'easier' depends upon what your definition of 'easier' is
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

                Comment


                • Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
                  Thanks for answering my previous question Layne. Another question.... after calculating a rough number for my caloric needs, and trying to keep my protein around one gram per pound, I am having trouble as this leaves too many calories left for fat and carbs. Would it be best to just stick with 1.5 gram per pound? Any suggestions?
                  Stats,endo, 6'3, 233, around 12% bodyfat( just starting to see my abs..yay)
                  calculated total calories for maintenance at 2990
                  why do you think it's too many?
                  BioLayne LLC
                  PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by zachattack43 View Post
                    Hey Layne, how you doing? I miss the leg workout from the O, hell I miss leg workouts period. I have a bit of pressure in my knee and I am seeing a doctor Monday, so we can do that again
                    sorry to hear about that; let me know how the exam goes
                    BioLayne LLC
                    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                      they are assimilated faster; not sure about 'easier' depends upon what your definition of 'easier' is

                      ok makes sense.

                      sorry if I seem ignorant, but then why would BCAAs be preferential to plain old whey isolate?


                      is it because the body utilizes primarily BCAA during exercise?
                      Myth's training blog:

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                        why do you think it's too many?

                        Maybe I'm wrong, but I figured the 250 or so grams that my calculations were allowing me is a little too much

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by STFU & SMFC! View Post
                          ok makes sense.

                          sorry if I seem ignorant, but then why would BCAAs be preferential to plain old whey isolate?


                          is it because the body utilizes primarily BCAA during exercise?
                          because whey is in long peptides. so it requires even more digestion
                          BioLayne LLC
                          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
                            Maybe I'm wrong, but I figured the 250 or so grams that my calculations were allowing me is a little too much
                            250g of carbs or protein?
                            BioLayne LLC
                            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                              250g of carbs or protein?

                              sorry carbs

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
                                sorry carbs
                                if you are bulking that isn't that much at all. and i wouldn't say it's too high for cutting nessecarily; how much do you weigh?
                                BioLayne LLC
                                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X