Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    if you are bulking that isn't that much at all. and i wouldn't say it's too high for cutting nessecarily; how much do you weigh?

not bulking dieting right now. 6'3 230 about 12% BF

Comment

• Hey LayneCan you tell me what your thought is how many calories someone should consume when bulking. How many carbs. protein. fat per kg/ bodyweight?
      What's your thought on eating every two hours or is eating every three hours better?
      Do you take a source of fat every meal?

Greets

Comment

• Originally posted by Anab View Post
        Hey LayneCan you tell me what your thought is how many calories someone should consume when bulking. How many carbs. protein. fat per kg/ bodyweight?
        What's your thought on eating every two hours or is eating every three hours better?
        Do you take a source of fat every meal?

Greets
        you are asking for a specific answer giving me very general info. can you elaborate on yourself a tiny bit more?
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• I hope you guys realize some of your questions require such detailed answers that Layne should be paid to answer them.
          "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

Comment

because whey is in long peptides. so it requires even more digestion
            so the peptides diegst slower yet assimilate faster?

how is that possible?
            Myth's training blog:

Comment

• peptides can vary in length, from poly to oligo to di and tri peptides

whole food proteins are polypedtides and need to be hydrolyzed to a significant degree to be assimilated

high quality whey proteins are polys and oligopeptides with varying amounts of di and tri peptides
              MorphogenNutrition.com
              Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by STFU & SMFC! View Post
                so the peptides diegst slower yet assimilate faster?

how is that possible?
                there is a difference between long peptides and di & tri peptides
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

there is a difference between long peptides and di & tri peptides
                  so what if I had some pure whey isolate 30 minutes before cardio instead of BCAA? would it be as effective since it had time to digest?

thanks for your patience, guys!
                  Myth's training blog:

Comment

• just have both
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Ortski View Post
                      Hey Layne

I read some of your stuff a while back where you said you got your best gains on stubborn muscles by training them twice a week. and that as a natural you felt thats what you needed to do to get the best out of them.

ive got a few questions if you dont mind me asking -

Did you use the same rep range and weight in both workouts? or did you do different things on different work outs?

im out of the gym for a few weeks at the moment but when i come back i want to hit everything hard and hopefully do a good bulk and put on some size. i know different things work for different people but your advice would be greatly appreciated -

if i train each bodypart twice a week, would it be better in your opinion to keep to the same style of training ie. 3 sets, 5-8 reps? or doing 3sets, 5-8 reps on one workout, then maybe a 5x5 on the second, or maybe lowering the weight and doing 3 sets 12-15reps?

roughly what did you do that got you the best results?

thanks
                      hey layne, could you answer this if you have a min?

Comment

• please see the third episode in my video series. It answers your question

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife3.htm
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Layne,
                          Great third episode! Man you just keep getting better and better. Really looked and sounded relaxed in that one. Excellent presentation.
                          4 plates on each side for single leg presses? That's just bad ass.
                          Jacks me up for some serious leg work.
                          Assistant to the regional manager.
                          Iron8 approved

Comment

• thanks Todd; glad you enjoyed it. I'm kind of pissed they didn't use the footage of me front squatting with 315 or stiff legged dealifting with 405
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

thanks Todd; glad you enjoyed it. I'm kind of pissed they didn't use the footage of me front squatting with 315 or stiff legged dealifting with 405
                              Straight leg with 405! Good lord man. That would turn my back to vapor lol
                              Just think of it as this. With so many impressive shots, they had to cut something out
                              Assistant to the regional manager.
                              Iron8 approved

Comment

• Layne what are your thoughts on calorie free beverages when dieting such as diet pepsi, sams club carbonated water, and wal mart calorie free drink mixes?
                                NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

Working...
                                X