Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we actually didn't make it to jr. nats. we had traveled the last 4 weeks and just didn't have it in us.

Don't know where i'd work in miami... thinking about starting my own thing
    -Layne
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• hey Layne,

I got a few questions if you got time:
      1) I have always had some combination of WPC/WPI with some WPH and a bit of egg powder, now that my bucket is coming to an end and I love my egg starters from Costco(egg whites)

Seeing as how Egg Starters are 48g protein a carton, 288g for box of 6 which is only $6.99(much cheaper than whey per gram basis). I personally do not see why not, but this will throw off my meal timing, before the egg whites it was the following:
      PWO: whey/egg powder
      1 hour later: 1.5 cups of egg whites with 1/2 scoop of oatmeal with raw honey
      2.5 hours later: full meal

Now PWO will be 1.5 cups of egg whites with 1/2 cup of oatmeal with raw honey, so when should the next meal be? 2.5 hours later as above?

2) My top 4 abs are in, very well developed and etched in, however my 2 lower ones hardly have a peak, seem almost flat, how can i get them in top form? this is a bit of fat covering them up, but its very minor and I am looking better than ever

3) Because of tendonitis in my left knee, all i do for cardio is walk starting at 3.2mph and end at 3.9, i cant do incline without pain, so what would be an ideal time range for this? I usually do 30-45minutes in the morning on empty stomach, that is IF i get up or i do 30-60minutes other times followed by weights. thoughts?( I am cutting)
      "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        what are your pro/carb/fat #s and what is your cardio regimine?
        cal (about changes no more then 30 up because different protein sources) - 2100 pro-240 carb-160 fat-50,
        off days pro- 280 carb- 120 fat 50
        leg day pro-240 carb- 185 fat-50
        cardio for a 30mins on 3 off days and maybe a 4th depending on how i feel usauly hiit on the treadmill or moderate interval on the stepmill sometime 10/20.
        -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
        -HARDCORE/PROFROMANCE WEAR
        -COMING EARLY SEPT

Comment

• Originally posted by certifiedStrenght View Post
          hey layne ive been following your contest prep and it has been working good until the last 2 1/2 weeks ive been stuck on 181 i lowered my carbs i little and bumped up the cardio. do you have any other ideas.
          is this his actual contest prep, (if so, link please) or is it one that he came up of you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rzilla View Post
            is this his actual contest prep, (if so, link please) or is it one that he came up of you?
            my bad layne i drink an extra shake if i do cardio on a day i already workout on. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm
            -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
            -COMING EARLY SEPT

Comment

• Originally posted by certifiedStrenght View Post
              cal (about changes no more then 30 up because different protein sources) - 2100 pro-240 carb-160 fat-50,
              off days pro- 280 carb- 120 fat 50
              leg day pro-240 carb- 185 fat-50
              cardio for a 30mins on 3 off days and maybe a 4th depending on how i feel usauly hiit on the treadmill or moderate interval on the stepmill sometime 10/20.

might try taking the protein down to 250 & carbs down to 100g on off days; may also take carbs down to 125 on regular workout days
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by zachattack43 View Post
                hey Layne,

I got a few questions if you got time:
                1) I have always had some combination of WPC/WPI with some WPH and a bit of egg powder, now that my bucket is coming to an end and I love my egg starters from Costco(egg whites)

Seeing as how Egg Starters are 48g protein a carton, 288g for box of 6 which is only $6.99(much cheaper than whey per gram basis). I personally do not see why not, but this will throw off my meal timing, before the egg whites it was the following:
                PWO: whey/egg powder
                1 hour later: 1.5 cups of egg whites with 1/2 scoop of oatmeal with raw honey
                2.5 hours later: full meal

Now PWO will be 1.5 cups of egg whites with 1/2 cup of oatmeal with raw honey, so when should the next meal be? 2.5 hours later as above?

2) My top 4 abs are in, very well developed and etched in, however my 2 lower ones hardly have a peak, seem almost flat, how can i get them in top form? this is a bit of fat covering them up, but its very minor and I am looking better than ever

3) Because of tendonitis in my left knee, all i do for cardio is walk starting at 3.2mph and end at 3.9, i cant do incline without pain, so what would be an ideal time range for this? I usually do 30-45minutes in the morning on empty stomach, that is IF i get up or i do 30-60minutes other times followed by weights. thoughts?( I am cutting)
                http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne4.htm
                "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

Comment

• Well I'm going to be on MD radio. Looks like you guys have made this happen which I appreciate. I'm interested in you guys submitting questions that you have that you'd like answered or topics you'd like me to discuss and we will take them under advisement for the MD no bull radio show.
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

Well I'm going to be on MD radio. Looks like you guys have made this happen which I appreciate. I'm interested in you guys submitting questions that you have that you'd like answered or topics you'd like me to discuss and we will take them under advisement for the MD no bull radio show.
                    layne, i don't know if you even know of this guy, or have any reason too hah,

but i just read Carlon Colker's Extreme Muscle Enhancement...please do not read it as it was too simple even for my dumbass, let alone your published self,

but in there he mentioned (without a reference except it was a study performed at U-C Berkeley) where 100grams of protein was ingested, he made no mentions of specifics... but he said the researchers found that 55-grams of of the 100 grams of protein ingested became carbohydrate through ? gluconeogenesis? i think thats the term.

Does that sound right? I mean excess protein becomes carbohydrate right, but is it really at a %55-percent ratio (obviously that ratio gets higher as the amount of protein ingested gets higher...)

Comment

• that sounds right to me. I am actually suprised it wasn't higher
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

that sounds right to me. I am actually suprised it wasn't higher
                        that is crazy. time to rethink my 'hardcore' diet haha.

Comment

Well I'm going to be on MD radio. Looks like you guys have made this happen which I appreciate. I'm interested in you guys submitting questions that you have that you'd like answered or topics you'd like me to discuss and we will take them under advisement for the MD no bull radio show.
                          congrats bro im psyhed to hear it. is it next next week?
                          -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
                          -COMING EARLY SEPT

Comment

• on monday yea.

episode 5 is out now! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife5.htm
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• lol at the Visor pecking

DAMN, Nick eats really little...that has got to be way under his maintenance, even without all the cardio...how does he manage to add muscle?

Comment

on monday yea.

episode 5 is out now! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife5.htm
                                Another great video. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X