Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by The True Adonis View Post
    With my method you don`t have to worry about this EVER as I find an absolute energy value based on average behavior.
    Each individuals behaviour I should say.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      occasionally i'll have a beer or two. You know alcohol is actually quite good for you in small doses, it's just when you have 5 or more drinks you have precipitously bad effects

      So in small amounts, like say 1 beer with a meal... once or twice per week (offseason obviosly) does that not have any negative effect on testosterone or GH levels?
      DC advocate

      CSCS
      B.S. in Exercise Science

      Comment


      • no, less than 2 drinks per day in a normal weight person is not going to have any negative health effects that I could possibly conceive of
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

        Comment


        • one more question on the cut diet, if i have been cycling carbs for the past 8 weeks and have about a month till my competition do you believe it would be good to give the diet a chance. I believe i have hit a stickijng point in fat loss. Thanks again.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
            So in small amounts, like say 1 beer with a meal... once or twice per week (offseason obviosly) does that not have any negative effect on testosterone or GH levels?
            I just read an article the other day about a massive study (might have been in MD?) that showed people who have a few drinks a day (I believe 2 - 4) live longer on average than those who don't drink at all.

            There have been other similar studies in regards to various health aspects (can't remember the particulars) and everyone I've ever seen has been positive.

            Dry red wine is very high in anti-oxidants, I believe the richest variety of anti-oxidants you can get from a single food/drink, higher than blueberries etc. If I'm not dieting I have a glass of every night (or 2.....sometimes 3)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by kejohn3 View Post
              one more question on the cut diet, if i have been cycling carbs for the past 8 weeks and have about a month till my competition do you believe it would be good to give the diet a chance. I believe i have hit a stickijng point in fat loss. Thanks again.
              well what is your macronutrient breakdown right now?
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

              Comment


              • Originally posted by onemorerep View Post
                I just read an article the other day about a massive study (might have been in MD?) that showed people who have a few drinks a day (I believe 2 - 4) live longer on average than those who don't drink at all.

                There have been other similar studies in regards to various health aspects (can't remember the particulars) and everyone I've ever seen has been positive.

                Dry red wine is very high in anti-oxidants, I believe the richest variety of anti-oxidants you can get from a single food/drink, higher than blueberries etc. If I'm not dieting I have a glass of every night (or 2.....sometimes 3)
                I drink a half a bottle a night usually. (2 glasses or so)
                Cabernet Sauvignon.


                Frank Zane used to as well all the way up until the Olympia.

                Comment


                • here is my seven day break down for carbs and protein. day1-156 g carbs 296g protein. day 2-3 117g carbs 332 g protein day4-5 97.5 g carbs 351 g protein. day6 65 g carbs 370 g protein. Day7 429 g carbs 234g protein. This is my first show, it is the mid-illinois in ottawa on march 31. Heard you were going to school at u of i so maybe you know where this is. My weight when i started was about 203 with 10-13 percent bodyfat. I'm 188 now around 6 percent bodyfat. Thanks for your help
                  Last edited by kejohn3; February 28, 2007, 07:11 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    bro, I am SORRY. But give me a break ok... I get over 60 emails per day (sometimes near 100), over 30 PMs at various forums, moderate 4 forums, then I also need to do this thing called grad school research, then lifting, and also cooking all my food. That doesn't include phone calls from clients, or whatever writing i may be doing at the moment so yea, I miss a few questions... it wasn't a diss, give me some friggin' credit! I'm sorry man, but seriously, I'm only human, i'm not perfect.
                    It's said fairly often on here but in light of your post bears repeating:

                    Thanks for taking the time to reply to us man!

                    It means a lot in this world of rhetoric and training mythology to have someone who has a good base of scientific and personal empirical knowledge that's willing to help out his fellow ironheads.


                    Comment


                    • yes I will actually be at this show as I have several friends/clients competing in it.

                      To be honest unless you weigh 250 I think your protein is way too high. Protein is not a freebie macronutrient like many people seem to think... it has calories and can be stored as bodyfat. I think you could knock your protein down by at least 50g. How much fat are you taking in?
                      BioLayne LLC
                      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

                      Comment


                      • Fat was around 50g tops and that is being generous. Since this last saturday i have been trying the cut diet and it is going good. I'm following the 2500 calorie version. I am also using xtend with the substance wpi. I go to school at isu. If you have any tips for dorm dieting it would be appreciated. Thanks and what is your honest opinoin on switching diet strategies this late in the game.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by kejohn3 View Post
                          here is my seven day break down for carbs and protein. day1-156 g carbs 296g protein. day 2-3 117g carbs 332 g protein day4-5 97.5 g carbs 351 g protein. day6 65 g carbs 370 g protein. Day7 429 g carbs 234g protein. This is my first show, it is the mid-illinois in ottawa on march 31. Heard you were going to school at u of i so maybe you know where this is. My weight when i started was about 203 with 10-13 percent bodyfat. I'm 188 now around 6 percent bodyfat. Thanks for your help
                          my old buddy troy smith won that show in 05' it is a really well run show and usually has a few very good competitors...i will be there to watch
                          2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

                          Comment


                          • hey layne did you see adonis's study on vitamins killing you? what do you think? should i stop eating carrots?
                            2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by adambombbis View Post
                              my old buddy troy smith won that show in 05' it is a really well run show and usually has a few very good competitors...i will be there to watch
                              This is my first show. Are you from the city or the suburbs of chicago? Just wondering if you train near quads in cal city. Its a great gym if you are ever in the area give your legs a good workout.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by kejohn3 View Post
                                This is my first show. Are you from the city or the suburbs of chicago? Just wondering if you train near quads in cal city. Its a great gym if you are ever in the area give your legs a good workout.
                                i've been there....great gym...i live and train in the city...whats your name? i'll watch for ya at the show and yell at ya at prejudging (if your in shape otherwise your on your own) lol
                                2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X