Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant wait for episode 6, u gonna come out with a dvd?

Comment

• hey layne,

question about your bulk cycling ,

do you up the cardio for the 2-3 week cut part? or do you pretty much leave your training the same and let the food the work , just talking the 2-3 week cut not for a show , im sure for a show you bump up the cardio.

you do about 500 cals over manitence for 4-8 weeks during the bulk and 500 lower maintance for 2-3 weeks during a cut?

how do you find out your maintence calories?

also you need to hook up with steve blechman and start having your own section in the back of md with the other pros , i think md should think about exploring both sides of the bodybuilding world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pearce View Post
        awesome appearance on no bull layne,

i was at work and i was listening on my ipod taking notes... i was pretending that i was doing paperwork.. keep up the good work bro..
        Sounds like a man with his priorities in order!

Comment

• Originally posted by muscleman12345 View Post
          cant wait for episode 6, u gonna come out with a dvd?
          stay tuned
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• hey layne,

do you up the cardio for the 2-3 week cut part? or do you pretty much leave your training the same and let the food the work , just talking the 2-3 week cut not for a show , im sure for a show you bump up the cardio.

you do about 500 cals over manitence for 4-8 weeks during the bulk and 500 lower maintance for 2-3 weeks during a cut?

also you need to hook up with steve blechman and start having your own section in the back of md with the other pros , i think md should think about exploring both sides of the bodybuilding world.

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
              hey layne,

thanks man. If you want me in there then send them emails, that is what gets stuff done. Honestly I just want my articles to start appearing. It's so hard to get people just to read what you submit. I feel that it is more than qualified to be in the magazines but it's very hard to get people to look at them.

as for the bulk cut i keep most things the same, I up cardio slightly; but mostly via food. Maintenance calories are best found through trial and error but taking your bodyweight times 14-16 should get you close
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Leucine

Hey Layne, I had a question about supplemental leucine and BCAA's. I currently take Scivation Xtend BCAA's, I was wondering, what if I supplemented with l-leucine powder on top of that? I heard that the ratio of leucine to isoleucine and valine has to be balanced somewhat. Would it still be beneficial to take straight leucine w/ BCAA's if it threw the ratios out of whack?

Comment

• if you are taking bcaas i see little reason to take leucine on top of it
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• layne what do you eat as your main carb source?

Comment

• i don't really have a main one... i use a bunch of different sources
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• new episode is up

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife6.htm
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post

just watched it it was awesome! u look huge next to them girls on the beach! cant wait for the next one

hey layne u think fiber 1 would be ok for a carb source to replace oatmeal/sweet potatoe ?

Comment

• thanks bro, fiber one is fine
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by muscleman12345 View Post
                              just watched it it was awesome! u look huge next to them girls on the beach! cant wait for the next one

hey layne u think fiber 1 would be ok for a carb source to replace oatmeal/sweet potatoe ?
                              Believe it or not, I like the taste of fiber one. I like to mix it with cottage cheese, peanut butter, and various flavors of yogurt for a pre-bed meal.

Comment

• Hey Layne I just ordered a bottle of Dialene 4, I getting ready for an oct 13 bodybuilding show. My Question is, should I take the Dialene 4 all the way up to the show or cut it out a few weeks out.

Comment

Working...
                                X