Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne quick staory and help needed if possible.

My buddy went to the doc tyoday because of a tooth problem. Having it out on Monday. Doc talked about the tooth for 2 minutes and then (noticing my buddies physique) started in on the "you probably eat a lot of protien huh?" He said about 1g per pound... ya know typical stuff. Then he says "your probably taking creatine too right?" My partner says yep. Then the doc goes into this big long thing about how he is killing himself and his liver and kidneys are going to shut down, blah, blah, blah. Doc was about 5'7" and 140-150lbs. He also said "ya know creatine just holds water in the muscle ya know."

Anyway, my training partner argued with this guy for about 25 minutes before the doc took blood for a full blood panel to "prove" his liver and kidneys are/will shut down!

Sorry... maybe long story

So what I would LOVE, if possible, is if you had any files or studies or links etc. PROVING that A - High(ish) protien levels are not going to kill my partner and B - That creatine 1 - does more than just "hold water" and 2 - is not going to destroy his 2 well functioning healthy kindneys.

You always seem to pull up studies and FACTS on these topics so I was hoping you may have something for our little doc buddy. I'd love to print out a few pages for him to "review".

Thanks in advance for the time to post links, if you can. Really appreciate it. I just think it's these miss informed "doctors" that cause half of the misconceptions out there. Perhaps this is one we can show otherwise.

Joe

Comment

• just saw all the videos. now that makes me wanna get in great shape.

Finally something that the naturals can truly relate to.

you rock Layne!

Comment

• Here's my current breakdowns, just thought I would let you all know. I know Layne keeps his fat in the 50-70 range. Mine is a tad bit higher...

Leg days
        240 protein
        425 carbs
        132 fats

Upper Days
        250 protein
        375 carbs
        140 fats

cardio/off days
        260 protein
        275 carbs
        140 fats

I've been doing very well on this style diet. It's the Nutrient timing style diet. Essentially I am right at 215, while staying at a 9-10%BF. Hope to be 220+ at 9% BF by 2008. I need to Drastically Improve my Back Width, Upper Arms and Chest. Everything else will improve, but those are my main points of emphasis.

Sorry for Ranting',

Comment

• Originally posted by tjoe View Post
          Layne quick staory and help needed if possible.

My buddy went to the doc tyoday because of a tooth problem. Having it out on Monday. Doc talked about the tooth for 2 minutes and then (noticing my buddies physique) started in on the "you probably eat a lot of protien huh?" He said about 1g per pound... ya know typical stuff. Then he says "your probably taking creatine too right?" My partner says yep. Then the doc goes into this big long thing about how he is killing himself and his liver and kidneys are going to shut down, blah, blah, blah. Doc was about 5'7" and 140-150lbs. He also said "ya know creatine just holds water in the muscle ya know."

Anyway, my training partner argued with this guy for about 25 minutes before the doc took blood for a full blood panel to "prove" his liver and kidneys are/will shut down!

Sorry... maybe long story

So what I would LOVE, if possible, is if you had any files or studies or links etc. PROVING that A - High(ish) protien levels are not going to kill my partner and B - That creatine 1 - does more than just "hold water" and 2 - is not going to destroy his 2 well functioning healthy kindneys.

You always seem to pull up studies and FACTS on these topics so I was hoping you may have something for our little doc buddy. I'd love to print out a few pages for him to "review".

Thanks in advance for the time to post links, if you can. Really appreciate it. I just think it's these miss informed "doctors" that cause half of the misconceptions out there. Perhaps this is one we can show otherwise.

Joe
          and the blood levels he will fine will support the doc as high protein diets elevate liver enzymes but that is COMPLETELY FINE. They are only marker's of kidney/liver dysfunction and do not cause it.

Tell him to read these articles

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne22.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne38.htm

tell him to ask the doc to cite peer review literature to support his claims.

he wont' be able to, and what's more, he's a dentist. I doubt he took complex metabolism courses... so tell him to keep his nose in his own fucking business lol. You wouldn't see me going around trying to give people root canals
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            You wouldn't see me going around trying to give people root canals
            layne i got a tooth ache...can u give me advice (just joking)

Comment

• i got a serious question now:

guggelsterones supplement for a nattie endomorph tryna get lean as possible.

your opinion? is it worth it? or considering the price is it better just going without it. would it make much of a difference or not really?

Comment

• honestly i don't think they are worth it
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• How are going your studies brotha?
                  You know that I'll checking your university career!....ahhahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    honestly i don't think they are worth it
                    cool layne thanks.

man the video series pumped me up! cant wait to train tomrow.

Comment

• hey layne

got a question for my partner he is like the opposite of me he wants to lose a bit more weight but gain muscle for it but he does a lot of cardio het already got from 94 to 78-79 kg so he done pretty good but he still got fat on his belly and and wants to lose it....and ofcourse he does a lots of abs....So my Q is layne

What supplements can he use which will benefit him like what kind of shakes and should he use a fatburners if yes which would you recommend?

THANK YOU in advance

Comment

• Thank you!
                        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by DutchNatural View Post
                          hey layne

got a question for my partner he is like the opposite of me he wants to lose a bit more weight but gain muscle for it but he does a lot of cardio het already got from 94 to 78-79 kg so he done pretty good but he still got fat on his belly and and wants to lose it....and ofcourse he does a lots of abs....So my Q is layne

What supplements can he use which will benefit him like what kind of shakes and should he use a fatburners if yes which would you recommend?

THANK YOU in advance
                          honestly diet and cardio are going to be the overall determinants of progress on a diet. As for fat burners, i'm going to tell you straight up that I am biased because I helped design Dialene-4 for Scivation but I honest to god think it is a very good fat burner compared to the others out there.

I think Sesamin is another good non-stimulant fat burner. **** *******'s fat burner is also pretty solid however, Usnic acid still scares me, though I know he uses a lower dose.

-Layne
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• u know wat big layne, im starting to think that sticking to diet and cardio is the best considering the price versus results with legal fat burners. (i think just doing green tea tabs is the probably the cheapest way to go in my opinion).

Comment

• also wat scares u about usnic acid?

maybe it has something to do with this i found:

Toxicity:
                              Usnic Acid has been indicated in dermatitis and eczema when used topically. There are genuine concerns about the use of this nutrient, and it has recently been indicated in a lawsuit against a manufacturer whose product containing usnic acid caused liver disorders in numerous individuals.

Comment

• Heavy/Light training

Layne, I was curious what your thoughts are on Heavy/Light training as outlined here:
                                http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/xrep15.htm

The basic concept being: a few days after your normal heavy workout, you do a light, "Pump only" workout, that will flush the muscle with glycogen and nutrients without going to the point of further muscle trauma.

The reasoning sounds solid, do you think it holds up? Would it possibly increase growth & recovery?

Comment

Working...
                                X