Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    honestly diet and cardio are going to be the overall determinants of progress on a diet. As for fat burners, i'm going to tell you straight up that I am biased because I helped design Dialene-4 for Scivation but I honest to god think it is a very good fat burner compared to the others out there.

I think Sesamin is another good non-stimulant fat burner. **** *******'s fat burner is also pretty solid however, Usnic acid still scares me, though I know he uses a lower dose.

-Layne
    is dialene-4 sold in holland other whise which one would you say is good besides the sesamin layne
    we do not get everysup here

Comment

• Originally posted by DutchNatural View Post
      is dialene-4 sold in holland other whise which one would you say is good besides the sesamin layne
      we do not get everysup here
      not sure, if you order it online though most places have it (bodybuilding.com bulknutrition.com, etc)

Usnic acid scares me because it is an uncoupler.

Essentially uncouplers make energy production 'inefficient' making your body spend more energy to get energy (ATP) and thus you lose fat because your body has to burn more calories to get the same amount of energy, the problem is the excess energy is given off as heat and there have been people who have straight up cooked themselves to death from the inside with uncouplers like DNP. Now usnic acid isn't as strong as DNP, but it still worries me some. I would be very careful with it.

-Layne
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• layne, i finally got to listen to your last appearance on NBR and i found what you were saying about the way you eat to be very fascinating. sure you outlined it on a recent episode of 'in the life...' but you went into a bit more detail i felt on NBR.

anyway just thought i'd tell you that i was going to give that model a try. im a little leery of going up 500 cals above maintenance for the bulk phase so i will start off with a more conservative 200 above and below.

sometimes its can be just interesting to find new ways to grow.

will keep you posted on my progress or lack thereof... if your curious.

Comment

• Miche,
          thanks for listening and watching my show. Please feel free to update me on your progress anytime. I think 200 kcals might be too little over... try 300 i think that would do it. If you add weight too fast then back off a little.

good luck!
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Layne, first off awesome series, i hope they decide to "xtend" it (clever i know)

secondly i had another question about bcaa's versus whey, if i took 15g of bcaa postworkout like you do (around three scoops xtend) with fast digesting carbs, is wpi beneficial after this?

Comment

• i think 15g bcaa by itself is probably sufficient to do the job with some fast digesting carbs so long as you have some whole food a few hours later
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                but it still worries me some. I would be very careful with it.

-Layne
                thanks bro appreciate it.

(thought bubble - thinks of layne screaming in video, and gets pumped for next workout)

Comment

• Hi Layne,

Question for you. I have heard you mention sprints for fat burning and quad sweeps. What is the best way to peform them and for how long? My second cardio session is a fast pace walk at night around a local track. I feel like trying something more challenging and IF it doesn't burn muscle this seems like a killer workout! Thanks Layne.

Tony

Comment

• just got my Dialene-4 and Sesamin yesterday. Gonna start using tomorrow. Hopefully I see better results than I did with the other fat burners

Comment

• Originally posted by AllHeart View Post
                      Hi Layne,

Question for you. I have heard you mention sprints for fat burning and quad sweeps. What is the best way to peform them and for how long? My second cardio session is a fast pace walk at night around a local track. I feel like trying something more challenging and IF it doesn't burn muscle this seems like a killer workout! Thanks Layne.

Tony
                      Hey tony. What I really like is 50 meter sprints up a hill. Try doing 10 sprints to start. Sprint up to the top and walk down slowly (should take about a minute) in between sprints but during each sprint hit it as hard as you possibly can. doesn't sound like much but if you hit it super hard i garuntee you'll be gased.

Ironman, please let me know how you like them, I really hope you get great results
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• will do layne...looking forward to it.

this gonna sound stupid but i am so used to taking fat burners before cardio on an empty stomach but this says to take before meals. do i still do cardio on an empty stomach and then take dialene before the meal after cardio? or am i just screwed up.

Comment

• I would take it with your meal.

and I would ditch the empty stomach cardio
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Layne, if you do'nt mind, I'm prepping for a few shows this fall and I'm doing a keto diet (60% protein/30% fat/10% carbs - green veggies/incidentals from fat sources). I started by multiplying my bodyweight by 15 (181). The first week I lost 5 pounds and refigured by multiplying 15 by 175. Days 1 and 2 I use that number (2625). Days 3/4 I use 2325. Days 5/6/7 I use 2025.

Do you think I'm cutting cals enough for my body weight?

(2 days on 1 off, 3 days on 1 off training w/ 5 days of 40-min cardio)
                            TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                            www.fitcorps.net

Comment

• i think it looks reasonable
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Thank you! Slightly different approach has my anal retentiveness being worried ... but I know NutrTroy's got my back. Thanks Layne, you're always so helpful.
                                TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                                www.fitcorps.net

Comment

Working...
                                X