Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
    hey lane , just let me know if this sounds on the money , im a 21 year old bber , 8-9%bf weight about 220lbs , meso/ecto bodytype

BULK PHASE: 3500 cals

Fat - 75gs - 95g fat

Protein - 220g- 230g pro

carbs - 440 - 480g carbs

CUT PHASE: 2700 cals

Fat - 60g - 75g fat

Protein 220g - 260 protein

carbs - 245 - 320 carbs

if im not gaining/losing i will adjust by add/subtracting the fat/carbs and leaving the protein thbe same.

4-8 week bulk
    2-4 week cut

let me know what you think....
    I'm obviously not Layne, but with your reported weight and body fat %, I'd say you could stand to start out with more than 3500 calories for the bulk phase. I'm (meso; 26 yrs old) around 200-203 lbs right now at about 8% and I have to consume upwards of 3600 to gain consistently. Just my two-cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by nutratroy View Post
      She was logged in...lol

Bio- The depth you have added to your back this offseason is outstanding, not to mention the extra thickness to your legs...impressive! Top 3 for sure!!
      thanks troy, I really appreciate that. I sure hope I can make top 3.
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
        hey lane , just let me know if this sounds on the money , im a 21 year old bber , 8-9%bf weight about 220lbs , meso/ecto bodytype

BULK PHASE: 3500 cals

Fat - 75gs - 95g fat

Protein - 220g- 230g pro

carbs - 440 - 480g carbs

CUT PHASE: 2700 cals

Fat - 60g - 75g fat

Protein 220g - 260 protein

carbs - 245 - 320 carbs

if im not gaining/losing i will adjust by add/subtracting the fat/carbs and leaving the protein thbe same.

4-8 week bulk
        2-4 week cut

let me know what you think....
        looks like a good starting point
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
          thanks troy, I really appreciate that. I sure hope I can make top 3.
          u can do it!

Comment

• just dropping in to say that im really liking ur show on bb.com and find it a lot more entertaining and informative then any of the fit shows (especially the new ones, that posedown shit is crap) or any other video shows on bb.com, keep up the good work... btw how many are likely to be in the series?

Comment

• Layne,

Wasnt sure where to ask this so came here. Not a fan of milk at all makes me sick most of the time. So I put 8th Contient Soy Milk in my protein shakes prob 2-3 times a day is this hurting me in anyway or is there another alternate
              Thanks
              http://www.anabolic-society.com/forum.php

Comment

• Originally posted by White_Goodman View Post
                just dropping in to say that im really liking ur show on bb.com and find it a lot more entertaining and informative then any of the fit shows (especially the new ones, that posedown shit is crap) or any other video shows on bb.com, keep up the good work... btw how many are likely to be in the series?
                thanks bro... 6 more left! And then stay tuned for a possible DVD
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by daeagles View Post
                  Layne,

Wasnt sure where to ask this so came here. Not a fan of milk at all makes me sick most of the time. So I put 8th Contient Soy Milk in my protein shakes prob 2-3 times a day is this hurting me in anyway or is there another alternate
                  Thanks
                  have you tried lactose free milk?
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    Ryan,
                    thanks for stopping by and posting on my thread and I really really appreciate the compliments. I saw you win the overall at Dave Yates show in kankakee in 2005! I think what you are doing right now is pretty solid. Are you trying to put on size, lose fat, or maintain?

-Layne

Small world, too bad we didn't have a chance to meet!

I am actually getting ready to start dieting. I am planning on hitting a show on October 27th (in IL again) and am about 2 weeks away from starting to restrict calories. I was thinking of maintaining this pre workout routine during my diet, just restricting the calories as necessary. Of the 55 gms of carbs, 35 is sugars, so might switch this to more complex carbs when I am dieting.

Post workout, I am taking 25 gms dextrose, 25 gms solid carb 35 gms whey, and 5 gms BCAA, then eat a solid meal about an hour later.

Do you think this is fine for a precontest too?
                    www.naturaliowamuscle.com
                    www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• Originally posted by hossjob View Post
                      Dedicate, you are so right. With Layne and bodyfx here, this has to be the best board for us nattie's!
                      Yeah, Eric is an awesome resource too! I have used his P/RR/S program (as I am sure a lot of people have here) for 2 -9 week cycles and it is a fantastic program!
                      www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• Originally posted by DEDICATE92 View Post
                        Small world, too bad we didn't have a chance to meet!

I am actually getting ready to start dieting. I am planning on hitting a show on October 27th (in IL again) and am about 2 weeks away from starting to restrict calories. I was thinking of maintaining this pre workout routine during my diet, just restricting the calories as necessary. Of the 55 gms of carbs, 35 is sugars, so might switch this to more complex carbs when I am dieting.

Post workout, I am taking 25 gms dextrose, 25 gms solid carb 35 gms whey, and 5 gms BCAA, then eat a solid meal about an hour later.

Do you think this is fine for a precontest too?

yeah I think that's pretty solid Ryan
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Waixy Maize or Dextrose is better for a post workout with 5gm BCAA or 40 gms whey
                          http://www.anabolic-society.com/forum.php

Comment

• Originally posted by daeagles View Post
                            Waixy Maize or Dextrose is better for a post workout with 5gm BCAA or 40 gms whey

Yeah, normally in the off season when I am not worried about loosing bodyfat, I would keep it more fast absorbing carbs (like the WM, dextrose or maltodextrin combo) but while in fat-loss mode I want something that is a little slower on the carb side of things.
                            www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• Damn Layne, we're up to 74 pages here! And to think in the beginning you weren't sure if there was a need for your own thread...

On a ketogenic diet, would you count artificial sweetener as a carb or not, ie, would it would it bring you out of ketosis if you ate enough of it?

Comment

• Yo, west i'm on a keto diet and my question for you is what are you putting artificial sweetner on/in? If it's for coffee keep in mind the use of stimulates is not advocated. I can't think of any thing else you'd put it on??.. Meat? Vegetables? Nuts? oils? Water? That's pretty much the diet dude...and none of those things would be enhanced by artificial sweetners.

Comment

Working...
                                X