Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yellanelly View Post
    hey layne! love th series on bb.com! do you think dark chocolate is really anabolic? what are your thoughts on it?
    i appreciate the compliment.

who said chocolate was anabolic?
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      not sure, if you order it online though most places have it (bodybuilding.com bulknutrition.com, etc)

Usnic acid scares me because it is an uncoupler.

Essentially uncouplers make energy production 'inefficient' making your body spend more energy to get energy (ATP) and thus you lose fat because your body has to burn more calories to get the same amount of energy, the problem is the excess energy is given off as heat and there have been people who have straight up cooked themselves to death from the inside with uncouplers like DNP. Now usnic acid isn't as strong as DNP, but it still worries me some. I would be very careful with it.

-Layne
      Layne, so..... urnic acid = lipolyze = worries?

Comment

• In one of your bodybuilding.com videos (I think the first) you talk about how u train as a natural. It was something along the lines of 1 week gain 2 next week cut 1 lb = net gain 1 lb lean mass. he lbs may be off from what u said but thats the idea as I understood it.

How often do you cycle these bulk vs cut weeks like 1 week bulk vs 1 week cut *repeat*? Most curiously does your training stay the same on both as far as weight lifting.? Im thinking low-carb = u should not do heavy compound moves like deadlifts and squats but i could be wrong.

I assume more cardio on the cut days as well as a drop in cals (esp carbs)?
        "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnvil View Post
          In one of your bodybuilding.com videos (I think the first) you talk about how u train as a natural. It was something along the lines of 1 week gain 2 next week cut 1 lb = net gain 1 lb lean mass. he lbs may be off from what u said but thats the idea as I understood it.

How often do you cycle these bulk vs cut weeks like 1 week bulk vs 1 week cut *repeat*? Most curiously does your training stay the same on both as far as weight lifting.? Im thinking low-carb = u should not do heavy compound moves like deadlifts and squats but i could be wrong.

I assume more cardio on the cut days as well as a drop in cals (esp carbs)?
          it is a 4-8 week bulk followed by a 2-3 week cut
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by ccc_javier View Post
            Layne, so..... urnic acid = lipolyze = worries?
            probably not; i'm probably just over cautious
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Layne, whats your thoughts on Vitamin B supplementation? If you recommend it what dose would you say per day and what vitamin B? (B12 or B Complex). Thanks!
              "Strongman is an external view of how pissed off I really am at the world."

Comment

• if you take a multi I don't see much reason for it. Maybe a little extra B6 but most likely not needed
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

if you take a multi I don't see much reason for it. Maybe a little extra B6 but most likely not needed
                  Thanks! Also, I know you are totally natural but I was interested in your well educated opinion on downregulation from using Clen. What protocol do you think would be most effective for someone to use when being on Clen? Thanks Layne!
                  "Strongman is an external view of how pissed off I really am at the world."

Comment

probably not; i'm probably just over cautious
                    your answer shows you are cautious... thx

Comment

• Originally posted by GameofInches View Post
                      Thanks! Also, I know you are totally natural but I was interested in your well educated opinion on downregulation from using Clen. What protocol do you think would be most effective for someone to use when being on Clen? Thanks Layne!
                      i'm really the wrong person to ask. All I know is clen is a beta agonist; that's about it, I really wouldn't know how to cycle it. sorry i can't be more helpful
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Layne u a Cubbies fan see they finally got into first place
                        http://www.anabolic-society.com/forum.php

Comment

• die hard cubs fan. which means i'm not excited about it yet lol. I'll be excited if we are still talking in october
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• usnic acid usnic acid usnic acid (is on my mind!) lol

Comment

• also while im here. ur favourite forms of food to get ur protein (not for nutrition-wise but for taste) im curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by SONOFMIKEMENTZER View Post
                                also while im here. ur favourite forms of food to get ur protein (not for nutrition-wise but for taste) im curious.
                                for taste? probably a good steak
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X