Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fakeN_N
    replied
    great thread,thank u

Leave a comment:

• deak007
    replied
    Your thoughts

Layne,

It was good to meet you at the Arnold! You provide great inspiration for my workouts and now lifestyle of strict eating, working hard, and never quitting on anything!

I am curious to hear, being a science kinda guy, what are your thought on all of the crappy, workout aids that come out on tv? I know that you are a work your ass off in the gym kind of guy, but i'm just curious on perspective. I watch some of the infomercials(when I watch tv which isn't much), and cannot help but laugh at some of them due to their sheer ridiculousness.

Also, I am about to start a cutting cycle for greater than or equal to 15 weeks prior to my wedding in August. Besides strict dieting, what are your thoughts on thermogenics? It seems to be the fad these days, and I have used before, but i don't think they are 100% necessary if strict diet and workouts are followed.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy days to answer!

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• BelieverInHIT
    replied
    Layne-
    What's up brother. Great to see you still going at it! I'm training my buddy right now for the Contra Costs, but I have no clue how to cut his water just before his contest. Any suggestions? He's 14 weeks out so I know there's plenty of time to manipulate his carbs and water intake.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• geordz
    replied
    Layne i want to compete later this year buthave a problem getting my lower body conditioned enough. after my last cut if you looked at my upper body you would think im near contest ready but my lower body still looked like it belonged to somebody with 10-12% bodyfat although i have decent size. i ended up lowering my carbs to fast and did way to much cardio (2 hours a day with 3 a week them being hiit) so i kinda fucked my metabolism as i had alot of body fat to lose. i know this could be impossible for you to answer but are there people who just cant shed the fat of their lower body or is it a matter of having a better contest prep plan and staying leaner during the offseason.

Leave a comment:

• NowYourDeadSon
    replied
    Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    you are training fasted?
    I've been doing this too, I eat a shit ton at night..often 4c whole milk, natty pb, a banana, and some oats with raisins and a scoop of whey.. Then immediately go to bed
    Wake up the following morning, have 10-15g bcaa and hit the gym immediately..
    With this approach, and a high cal diet, I've manage to stay relatively lean and gain more weight than I've ever gained in my life..strength had skyrocketed also (been doing HIT).. I'm about 6'7-6'8 270, was up to 335x7 bench,115s seated db press for 7-8, have had to stop deads due injury, but was up to 545 for my working set
    Just saying, training fasted can work for some, especially if they are adequately "carbed" up the night before

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just wanted to say thanks for the motivation Layne, I was watching some of your videos before my meet last weekend

Leave a comment:

• Bantamweightchamp2011
    replied
    Layne...what do you consider a natural bodybuilder ?.........how many supplements can I take before I'm not considered a natural bodybuilder ? THANKS LAYNE

Leave a comment:

• Lynch
    replied
    Layne i am 18 been liftin 3 years and need to lose some fat but dont want to lose the muscls i got now what is a good diet to lose like 15 pounds

Leave a comment:

• Lynch
    replied
    Hi Layne I heard you had a advice thread on md so i joined the site i have lost of questions since i am doing my first show hopefully next year.

Leave a comment:

• JT1225
    replied
    What are your thoughts on almond milk? Considering it has more calcium (which many people don't realize is vital during muscle contraction), less sugar, and more vitamins than normal milk. Do you think a cup or two a day would be beneficial? Or do most bodybuilder's get enough calcium already?

Leave a comment:

• sugardaddy69
    replied
    Layne I have also read PHAT description on simply shredded.

My question is on power days or rather strenght days would you incorporate olympic type lifts eg. clean and press??

What tempo would you use? Speed reps to be done on hypertrphy days, whereas I would try and incorporate more explosiveness into power rather than mor controlled bb workouts.

Anyways what is your take on kb for cardio I try to do sprints but it is difficult to get my ass to a track field once in a while so not really performing that are there alternatives?

Leave a comment:

• WelshWarrior
    replied
    Hi layne, I was told the other day buy a guy in a supplement store that taking leucine on it's own is no good as it needs the other two branched chains for it to be absorbed by the body. He said that it can't get absorbed on it's own. Is this correct?? Thanks for your time.

Leave a comment:

• alexsmith
    replied
    layne,would you consider a natty pro "unnatural" if they use an aromitase inhibitor or serm to combat/prevent gyno?..whats your opinion on this.ive never taken anything but hav pubertal gyno.thanks

Leave a comment:

• NaturalEY
    replied
    Hey Layne, just read your PHAT article on simply shredded. Question for you, you mention it is a form of NLP, but I don't quite get the NLP concept of it. Are you suggesting to alter the rep ranges of both your power and hyper days? Or, are you saying becuase you are in the 3-5 rep range for power, and the 8-15 for hyper days, that is the NLP nature of it?

I have always found the definition of NLP to be a bit vague, so I may not quite understand it.

Leave a comment:

• NeedMoreSize
    replied
    Layne, Wondering if I could get your opinion on something.

I can only train 3 days per week right now because of my work schedule.

I know you strongly recommend hitting each body part multiple times per week, but with only 3 days to train, that becomes pretty much impossible.

My question is, do you think one should hit the muscle harder in that one time per week than they would if they were training 2 times per week, more volume, intensity etc., or, do you think that there is a limit to how much you can add to the muscle in a given session, and the volume, intensity, etc. should be the same hitting it once per week vs. multiple times per week?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X