Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

How many times can you rep 300? At what bodyweight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times can you rep 300? At what bodyweight?

My record is 300 x 10 @190...
    žonne god wile eoršan lifes ende gewyrcan!

that's pretty good. I weigh 188lbs and 300lbs is my 1 rep max. I am assuming you are taking about flat barbell bench.

Comment

was unaware weight mattered in this sport.

but for the record, i havent flat benched regular grip in 4 years.
      Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
      JackedWithoutJuice.com

Comment

yes, barbell flat bench

Comment

Never went above 265, that was @ 185.

Comment

I've tried at least 6 seperate times to bench 305lbs (smallest we have is 2.5lb plates) and I can't. If I were to get past my 300lbs I'd have to start training solely for bench.

Last time I tried was about 3 weeks ago. I hit 255lbs on incline last night though.

Comment

Originally posted by Der Mann im Mond View Post
              My record is 300 x 10 @190...
              what sort of training program were you on to hit that? my 1RM was 295 at a BW of about 180. never been able to bench more than that as chest is a weak point for me

Comment

I don't incorporate flat bench as part of my regular training. I use it more of a strength test for myself occassionally. I get better pec contractions from other exercisese.

300lbs for 10 reps @ 180lbs is pretty good. What's your max 1-rep ?

Comment

I posted this in another thread but i guess it applies here.
                  about 20 years ago as i shifted from gym to home training, i wanted badly to increase my bp. nothing, and i mean nothing worked. one day, i read one of those never ending articles in the old iron man about power rack training written by Anthony Ditillo. i thought "what the hell". this is what i did. 4 sets of bp in the power rack from from 6" off my chest to lock out. i pyramided up. something like 8, 6, 4, 2. weight increased each set. i then did 2 sets of as many reps as i could with a given weight in the regular bp. for these sets however i used a cambered bp bar. i rested 5 minutes between sets. i did this only once per week. the results? in about 8 months, i went from a 305 lb bp to a 340 lb with a narrow miss at 350lbs. nothing short of a miracle for me. just thought I'd share.
                  I weighed about 240lbs at the time so it was really not a big deal. You guys are much stronger.

Comment

i'm only 5'4 and have huge shoulders..that's my advantage i guess..we're all different..lots of smaller guys out squat and deadlift me

i keep things simple..no warmup besides 135 x 10, then 225 x 12-15...then 290 x 8-10

Comment

i've been doing more delt/tricep work.

mainly front military presses and close grip bench.

my front military I can do 185lbs for reps.

for some reason my close grip is weak. I can only do about 150lbs for reps.

i've been using Westside Barbell techniques which have been helping.

Comment

my warm up I do:

135: 3x
                        185: 2x
                        225: 1x
                        275: 1x
                        300: 1x

I haven't done rack lockouts in awhile, but I agree Bob those helped me tremendously. I did mine about 4" from my chest.

Comment

Bob-

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

so 8,6,4,2 of progressively heavier weights 6" pins to lockout ?

then a cambered bar for how much weight ? like an ez-bar?

Comment

Originally posted by ChromeHearts View Post
                            Bob-

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

so 8,6,4,2 of progressively heavier weights 6" pins to lockout ?

then a cambered bar for how much weight ? like an ez-bar?
                            Yeah from aprox 6" off my chest to lock out. As reps decreased, weight increased. My cambered bar is pretty deep. maybe 5 inches. I suppose you could get a similar stretch using dbs. On the cambered sets I'd very the weight from week to week. Maybe 250lbs one week and 200lbs the next. On the cambered sets I REALLY went for it. Hope this helps.

Bob

Comment

my goal is 320 x 8-10..wish me luck!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X